I think this is a bit excessive…

Rotommowtom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Now I don’t know about you but I think this is too much… now I love those high absorbency diapers, abd like to see if I can reach capacity which is an all day effort, but I think this way too much

4EA73185-5B13-4397-9CCF-904C185262E8.jpeg
Personally I do like the 8000, but 5000-7000ml is ideal for “long term use”
But only problem is are you willing to risk a rash, my skin is like iron when it comes to soaked diapers and I can stay in them all day without discomfort, but I know when I feel like I’m pushing it, no matter what some may say, you should not stay in a soaked diaper for more than 24 hours… so usually by the time the day is done and my diaper is very heavy and sags like no tomorrow, I still haven’t use it to capacity (and since abdl diapers are expensive it kinda feels Ike a waste of money if you don’t make the most of it) yet and still there’s room for more, but yeah…
I think they should just keep it at 7,800ml at most. I think that would satisfy the heavy incontinence people and they people who like to use their diapers to the fullest, 8,000 is a bit much, 8,500 is overkill

…yeah I just had to get that off my chest. When I saw the email of the “new product” my mind just thought I had to share my opinions on the matter, anyways, stay padded

If the diaper could achieve that capacity and remain wearable, that'd be over 16 pounds of sopped-up piddle in your diaper to lug around all day, weighing down on your hips. Even half of that (which is a more-realistic capacity, given you're wearing it) is under 10 pounds to waddle with & carry around. That's still a lot of piddle.

And yes, you'd more than likely get a near-terminal case of diaper rash. May I recommend to you a 55-gallon drum of industrial-strength Desitin? 🤔🤭

Reactions: TigerDL, KindaOlde and Rotommowtom
BobbiSueEllen said:
If the diaper could achieve that capacity and remain wearable, that'd be over 16 pounds of sopped-up piddle in your diaper to lug around all day, weighing down on your hips. Even half of that (which is a more-realistic capacity, given you're wearing it) is under 10 pounds to waddle with & carry around. That's still a lot of piddle.

And yes, you'd more than likely get a near-terminal case of diaper rash. May I recommend to you a 55-gallon drum of industrial-strength Desitin? 🤔🤭
I totally agree with that ^^
A diaper with that capacity is rediculous

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Rotommowtom said:
A diaper with that capacity is rediculous
Agreed. It's just begging for diaper rash. I prefer more changes...changing time is a fun time! 🤗🥰

I do wear pink Megamaxes and InControl Elites...not for their capacity as much as how soft & cuddly they are, as well as one being a cute girly-pink diaper and the other a vintage-looking diaper...but because they both have what I call "DethLok" tapes (Megamax sticky, Elite velcro) which snuggy-snug to the moon & back...and they're both vintage plastic. The crinkle is wonderful.

If they absorbed less, I'd still buy 'em. Capacity is second-place to me...provided the price is right. 🤔

Reactions: Rotommowtom
The problem with high capacity diaper is they absorb but do not wick. For me as a guy it's the front that just keeps absorbing to the point where it gets to feeling wet, really uncomfortable and will leak instead of wicking to the crotch. I don't know how women handle this with having to pee down instead of out or up like men can. I can imagine that the bulge between the legs must make it impossible to walk and feel really uncomfortable.
I do however love the way high capacity diapers feel dry and powdered and I'll buy them for that reason. I also take great comfort knowing that I can release 4 to 6 heavy floods into a high capacity diaper without the fear of an unexpected leak.
Is it over kill. Sure but I'm still enjoying them and will continue to enjoy them. I might have to give these a try but I'm not a fan of the design.

Reactions: TigerDL and Rotommowtom
Nowididit said:
The problem with high capacity diaper is they absorb but do not wick. For me as a guy it's the front that just keeps absorbing to the point where it gets to feeling wet, really uncomfortable and will leak instead of wicking to the crotch. I don't know how women handle this with having to pee down instead of out or up like men can. I can imagine that the bulge between the legs must make it impossible to walk and feel really uncomfortable.
I do however love the way high capacity diapers feel dry and powdered and I'll buy them for that reason. I also take great comfort knowing that I can release 4 to 6 heavy floods into a high capacity diaper without the fear of an unexpected leak.
Is it over kill. Sure but I'm still enjoying them and will continue to enjoy them. I might have to give these a try but I'm not a fan of the design.
Yeah wicking is pretty important, especially if you don’t use other wetting positions get fill the other parts of the diaper, so it only gets wet on the bottom and jet gets really heavy from there

I don’t know. Sometimes I feel the need to thoroughly destroy a diaper. It would be fun to try.

Reactions: TigerDL
Sounds like a punishment diaper.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL and furry121
Rotommowtom said:
Yeah wicking is pretty important, especially if you don’t use other wetting positions get fill the other parts of the diaper, so it only gets wet on the bottom and jet gets really heavy from there
Yeah being a guy wearing a high capacity diaper in grocery store has its downside can get quite unnerving. I mean as it swells it gives the appearance of shoplifting a cantaloupe in your pants. It's why I always wear an untucked button down shirt to cover my front.
I never want to experience the awkward moment. "Sir, we have reason to believe....."

Reactions: TigerDL, Rotommowtom and PupSpaz
Rotommowtom said:
when it comes to soaked diapers and I can stay in them all day without discomfort
This really is a feature of the quality of engineering and quality control for the diaper, not the ISO absorbancy. Some diapers feel wet and clammy from the first time you wet, and some still feel bone dry inside after multiple wettings. Most are somewhere in between, trending towards actually locking away wetness (keeping skin dryer and less chance of breakdown/ rash) for our premium diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL
Nowididit said:
Yeah being a guy wearing a high capacity diaper in grocery store has its downside can get quite unnerving. I mean as it swells it gives the appearance of shoplifting a cantaloupe in your pants. It's why I always wear an untucked button down shirt to cover my front.
I never want to experience the awkward moment. "Sir, we have reason to believe....."
Lol, Crinklz come to mind - they totally swell aggressively first at the point of wetting! Not all diapers do this however but still have as much usable capacity.

Reactions: Rotommowtom
Back