I think they're doing it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Diaper Manufacturers are making diapers wrong.

Think about this:

Almost every part of the diapers that are made are great. But did you ever notice the amount of absorbant material in the back of the diaper, as compared to the front? Click this link below for a breif (hehe) example. Look at the Purple diaper here, and look at the side where the tapes are.

http://www.dry247.com/index.php?module=products

See how absorbant area in the front of the diaper is significantly smaller then the area in the back? The Back of the diaper is probably the most wasted part, and ironically it has the most absorbancy. I've noticed this on Abenas too, the front still holds a lot of pee, but not as much as if you were to wear it backwards.

I think they should have more absorbant material in the front, and put less in the back, because everytime I change, the front is always soaked to the max, the middle is wet, but the back is almost always completley untouched. Or better yet, just switch the two areas and keep everything else the way it is. But from a guy's point of view, WE use the front of our diapers, I guess girls don't fill it up that much, (unless they're doing a hand stand). This could be the problem right here too, maybe diapers are designed that way to be Uni-Sex products.

Unless you're a bedwetter, you may find you never fill the back part of your diaper. Of course, sometimes the back does get pretty wet, but usually because the front fills up, leaks off to the left or right side, and ends up in the back. I'm not saying there should be no padding in the back, i'm just saying there should be more in the front.

-DBB

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I think that design was chosen for a couple of reasons.
First one i think you hit right on the head - it is to their advantage to creat a unisex product beacuse it drives down costs for everybody.
Second i think you got too - they are trying to make a product that is suitable for as many people as possible. So they have to creat a diaper that can be absorbant in the front for those who are standing up or sitting when they wet but also absorbant in the back for people laying down, such as bed wetters.
Third, I think that the seemingly excessive absorbancy in the back stems from the people that these diapers are actually intended for, incontent people, not people with a diaper fetish. These people are more likely (i would guess) to have issues with bowel incontenence that would certainly benifit from having extra absorbant material in that area.
Finally, pretty much everybody, excluding some DL's an TB's, who wears adult diapers wants them to be discreet, and if they pack too much absorbant stuff in the front, then the bulge will be huge and very noticable, not a great selling point.

Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, but there needs to be more in the front, there is a lot in the back that is wasted, albeit, if you wear properly and for long enough, a very good deal of the back will be wet, but not enough, and there needs to be more in front. Thats the best post I could manage guys.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
funny... the back of my diaper is used a lot... and I've seen plenty of soggy diapers soaked all the way up the back.

if you are using only the front of the diaper... your pee-pee is pointed the wrong way...

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I think a little more padding in the front wouldn't look so bad... Haha
I also like the comfort of the thick but when I sit down, its like a portable cussion that's attached to my but =]

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
First one i think you hit right on the head - it is to their advantage to creat a unisex product beacuse it drives down costs for everybody.
I know that there are few times that I have not used the back of my diaper long befor the front. I know that I am not all people, and that us girls are not expected to be offered as many options, however if you take out the backing it will be of no use to those that have been mentioned above.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Maybe i'm doing something wrong then? I point IT down...and I rarely soak all the way to the back, and If I don't change, i'll leak. Finn, when your diapers are soaked all the way to the back....what kind of positions were you in? Were you sitting in a chair reclined? or were you lying down? or just everyday stuff? because according to gravity, you think Pee would gather in the bottom middle of the diaper (unless you are in space)...unless it goes to the middle, and then everytime you wet it slowly gets sucked up by the back...i dunno....

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
for me it's totally the opposite: the front is almost always dry when i take it off, even if it's soaked all the way to the back. sometimes i lie on my stomach to wet just to get a more even distribution. it must have something to do with how you're positioning your equipment. or perhaps you never wet when you're sitting down or lying on your back?

besides, adult diapers are designed to be used by people who might not be as sprightly and mobile as you and i, so it makes sense for there to be a lot of padding in the back.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
My Tena diapers seem to do a good job moving the pee from the middle (where it hits the diaper) to the back. I can wear a diaper all day during my normal day activities and its back will be soaked by the time I take it off, even though I have never laid down to pee and gravity predicts that the pee will go mostly towards the middle.

However, you can't add more padding to the front. The reason is the human anatomy: The butt is a large flat area with lots of space where absorbent material can be. In the front, however, the flat area is significantly smaller, and the diaper cannot be taped to the legs as they move back and forth. No diaper is flexible enough to allow the movement and still be leak-proof. I mean just look at a naked girl and compare the area of her skin that does not move when the girl walks in the front and the back. Then tell me how a diaper designer can possibly design a diaper with more padding in the front than in the back.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Maybe i'm doing something wrong then? I point IT down...and I rarely soak all the way to the back, and If I don't change, i'll leak. Finn, when your diapers are soaked all the way to the back....what kind of positions were you in? Were you sitting in a chair reclined? or were you lying down? or just everyday stuff? because according to gravity, you think Pee would gather in the bottom middle of the diaper (unless you are in space)...unless it goes to the middle, and then everytime you wet it slowly gets sucked up by the back...i dunno....
Sometimes I wet sitting... sometimes standing... it really dosen't seem to make a difference. I believe it has a lot to do with diaper quality. Some do a good job of distributing the wetness throughout the whole absorbant area... some just puddle in the bottom and start leaking.

It also may be related to how rapidly you are wetting as well. If you go a lot over a short period of time you are going to be leaking long before the diaper has reached its true capacity. Remember, these diapers were designed for the IC people who have no control and typically trickle urine thoughout the day... they can't hold it in and let go all at once. If you wet slowly... a little at a time... you will find that the diaper can hold significantly more than if you were to empty your bladder completely in a single wetting.

And Peachy... you are 100% right about the Tenas... when I get in from work I'm typically soaked from front to back. These things do a very good job of moving the moisture around.

Role
Private
I have some Molicare Super's right now (and they look awfully a lot like those diapers the OP linked to :rollseyes: ) and they soak all the way up to the back before they soak up the front. Giving them 3 heavy wettings, after filling up the bottom of the diaper, the wetness slowly inches up the back. Then it goes up the front.

When that happens, the front tends to bulge out. You've got to remember that these diapers are made for people with incontinence. Not the fetishists. And it's much easier to conceal a very wet diaper when a lot of your pee has been soaked up the back, rather than it bulging out at the front.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me it seems to me like the back and middle are always soaked. I have to make a conscious effort to distribute the wetness to the front of the diaper. According to this poll taken by Darkfinn:

most guys point down (as it should be :D), which even if you're standing should only make the middle wet. If you're sitting in a chair or leaning back a little it'll distribute to the back, so I don't see why this 24/7 diaper which makes itself out to be so revolutionary wouldn't design it to have a significantly larger absorbent area in the back.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I am also like Avery, Peachy, and Asuka. Mine pretty much all stay in the middle then goes to the back. It never ever goes past the base of my thing unless I am laying down on my stomach. I point it down and usually pee pretty hard cause I am a fairly big wetter and it kind of just blasts to the back haha.

Girls also always pee to the back too because 1.) Their whole is slight father back and 2.) because obviously they can not am so its sprays is the best way to describe it.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm a girl.. So, it ends up at the back either way! >.<
That's odd. Are you laying down when you wear? I'm a girl, and it always ends up in the middle, so the middle is soaked, the front is pretty wet, and there is usually at least 4 to 5 inches in the back that doesn't get wet at all. Thats with normal activity, including walking and standing.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
That's odd. Are you laying down when you wear? I'm a girl, and it always ends up in the middle, so the middle is soaked, the front is pretty wet, and there is usually at least 4 to 5 inches in the back that doesn't get wet at all. Thats with normal activity, including walking and standing.
Thats probably because either...

A.) You do not wet a lot or...

B.) You do not have a heavy stream when you pee, so you pee kind of slow.

Of course it always ends up n the middle first for everyone, then when the middle is soaked it should start spreading to the back for girls and guys. Unless its a guy with it pointed up, which I still do not understand why some guys do that.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thats probably because either...

A.) You do not wet a lot or...

B.) You do not have a heavy stream when you pee, so you pee kind of slow.

Of course it always ends up n the middle first for everyone, then when the middle is soaked it should start spreading to the back for girls and guys. Unless its a guy with it pointed up, which I still do not understand why some guys do that.
I'm not saying that it's NEVER went to the back. But a heavy stream will have it pool, so unless you lean back it will spread to the front, most likely. For guys you can point... for girls there is nothing you -can- point, I'm just trying to point out that it won't go to the back, unless you are laying down, so I have no clue what Asako is talking about.

Yawgmoth

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
*pokes head out of his self-imposed exile*

I thought I'd pop my head in here and give a quick comment this. When Mandi asked me where all the fluid goes for me, I said, as a guy, it's the lower front and middle that gets wet. Eventually, sitting down and walking around will, of course, move the wetness to the back area. Then I made a comment that, as a guy, I thought that a girl, after wetting, would be soaked in the middle and back, not so much the front.

Well, after a bit more thinking, and Mandi pointed it out too, a guy would think that. So, yeah, I'll leave you to mull over that thought for a bit.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
It is always in the middle and front for me, whether I am standing or sitting. Only when I am lying on my back does it *obviously* run to the back.
This is gonna sound gross to some people but women's pee is angled usually to the front so if you are sitting or w/e the pee is angled to the front and is caught in "crack" (for lack of a better term) and will trickle out the top of a womans "slit" thus wetting the front and running down to the middle.

Eventually, sitting down and walking around will, of course, move the wetness to the back area.
Actually, not so much for me. Gravity pulls it down. for some reason it only soaks to a certain point..

Then I made a comment that, as a guy, I thought that a girl, after wetting, would be soaked in the middle and back, not so much the front.

Well, after a bit more thinking, and Mandi pointed it out too, a guy would think that. So, yeah, I'll leave you to mull over that thought for a bit.
Now I know that sometimes with Andy (Malaci) it will go to the back but honestly I think it is the positioning of his penis that does that. Men may get the back wet but not women.

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I think the back of the diaper getting wet has more to do with the absorbency of the padding and less to do with stream positioning.

I know when LuvsGurl comes in from a long day her diaper is soaked probably half way up the back... and when she wears Bambinos the back gets really wet too. As has been stated... gravity will want to pull the wetness down... it's totally up to teh absorbant material of the diaper to move it around from there so you don't end up with a big puddle between your legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.