I think I'm becoming a diaper lover?

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've had incontinence all my life, I've always been so ashamed of having to wear nappies and seen them as nothing but a source of shame. However, I recently bought a colorful 'pride' variant to mix things up a bit and because I knew my fiance would love them (also, the absorbency is very good). I found that I genuinely loved how they looked on me and how they aligned with my personality outside of my incontinence. I've worn them for the last month or so, and it's really made me feel better about things, which I never expected. I've worn printed nappies before, but I guess they never 'fit' me quite as well. I ran out of them and had to go back to the medical nappies for a bit, which actually sort of disappointed me, to the point that I immediately ordered another pack of the pride prints.

The excitement I got from wearing them was really unexpected and I think it could be a really good thing for me if I genuinely love my nappies instead of being completely ashamed of having to wear them. Do you think it would be a good idea to keep going back to this brand? I kind of want to try some similar types as well, but am worried I won't like them as much and that it might cause me to feel ashamed again.

Last edited:
Reactions: espectro, OmiOMy and LaLoneDigi

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Of course, go on, why not?

Reactions: derek245

LUV

(L)iving (U)pper (V)alley
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
The medical ones are not very good. I have a similar experiences as you. I also feel better I a better quality diaper

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I dont see a problem with wearing printed/colored diapers. Dont most people wear underwears that are printed/colored so why can't we wear diapers like that. I hated wearing tighty whitey so I always wore underoos, colored briefs growing up.

Reactions: derek245 and Lyric

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
LUV said:
The medical ones are not very good. I have a similar experiences as you. I also feel better I a better quality diaper
Yeah, I've noticed that these ones stay up much better than most medical diapers and generally hold much more. Makes me glad I've made the switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemix and LUV

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Wowsers, this puppy glad you tried them and found there's something that lifts your mood! Whether it's the improved quality or the print or some mixture... it doesn't really matter, do what makes your life more enjoyable! Having to wear diapers to manage your incontinence may be mentally taxing to many (and even fraught with the stigma of wearing diapers for those of us that just love wearing them!) so finding ways that make it more palatable is definitely and unquestionably a good thing.

Does this make you a diaper lover? Who knows, and does it really matter? It's just a label many of us use to quickly describe our infatuation with diapers not due to medical need - it's a shortcut that doesn't describe any of us exactly. Being comfortable in your own skin and with your own needs (comfort items) is part of maturing - it's not up to someone else to dictate what does make you happy and lifts your spirits - most will respect the simple fact you are able to buck the (irrational) perception of what is normal and not be afraid to pamper yourself! (Couldn't resist, sorry lol)