I think I pissed off my local garbage men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Last night, I left out two full trash bags of diapers in the garbage cans. (I know, scary.) This morning, when I checked them out to see if everything went fine, the trash cans were everywhere! One of them lay on the ground 5 feet away, while the other remained standing. One of the lids was on the bird bath. The other lid lay on the ground a couple yards away.

Freaky trash men anyone?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
LOL

Thankfully our trash is picked up by a robotic truck. But yeah, we average two bags full of diapers each week... it doesn't smell that wonderful either.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
:lol:lol you got him pissed off or you happened to have a dustbuster . we have machines for big donpsters and for cans.... hahahaha i can't beleve it that is so funny.:laugh:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
By any chance was there a storm? Cans and lids end up blown around all over the place during storms.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My experience with garbagemen is that they really don't seem to care about the cans and will toss them anywhere they happen to land. If they happen to have the "company-owned" containers where you live, they are a little more careful about those. I have watched them literally throw mine back up into the drive after emptying them (and the neighbors, too, so as to prove I was not being singled out.) Don't get me wrong - garbagemen have a really tough and dirty job, and I respect the fact that they are willing to do it!

J

Jeffy

Sounds like one hell of a raccoon problem ya got there XD

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm a firm believer of tipping people like your garbage dudes, mailman, etc...

I gave the trash dudes a $15 book of coupons to the local coffee shop around xmas, and I'm the only one on the street that can put yard waste in my cans this spring. :) Same with my mailman (gave him a bottle of wine... they can't accept cash), and instead of tossing any packages on the curb, he rings the bell, and/or leaves any package on the back porch, out of sight.

$25 well spent for a year... Makes them happy, and you get a little better service as a result.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Over here, the cans belong to the garbage company. If they destroy them, it's their own money. However, they're a bit too big to be thrown around randomly.

On another note: How the heck did you collect two big heavy bags of wet diapers? :eek:

Peachy

D

Deleted member 221

On another note: How the heck did you collect two big heavy bags of wet diapers? :eek:

Peachy

he obviously goes threw a fair few of diaper :)

on the subject of garbage, we have green garbage bins that get picked by a big truck machine thing that a guy drives.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
he obviously goes threw a fair few of diaper :)

Well, yes, but he lives with his parents and maybe siblings, which makes it hard to (1) amass that many diapers inside the house and (2) lugging them outside into the trash can and (3) filling up lots of space inside the trash can, all without raising suspicion.

Peachy

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Well, yes, but he lives with his parents and maybe siblings, which makes it hard to (1) amass that many diapers inside the house and (2) lugging them outside into the trash can and (3) filling up lots of space inside the trash can, all without raising suspicion.

Peachy
He had to piss REALLY BAD!!!

Naaa maybe a trunk.

D

Deleted member 221

na its just garbage bins, no ones mad at yous, they kjust have a hard job, so no wonder their not to happy

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a firm believer of tipping people like your garbage dudes, mailman, etc...

I gave the trash dudes a $15 book of coupons to the local coffee shop around xmas, and I'm the only one on the street that can put yard waste in my cans this spring. :) Same with my mailman (gave him a bottle of wine... they can't accept cash), and instead of tossing any packages on the curb, he rings the bell, and/or leaves any package on the back porch, out of sight.

$25 well spent for a year... Makes them happy, and you get a little better service as a result.

I've gotten into a similar habit, and you are right, it makes a difference! Showing this small courtesy for a job that not many people would want to do really changes their outlook on things. Never had a problem with my trash or anything else being mistreated or overlooked!

E

Elli

Those bags must have been heavy! I threw four nappies away (supermarket carrier-bag full) and was suprised at the weight. Then again, it's mostly water isn't it? Do you think diaper-trash is heavier than other sorts of household rubbish?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer

Peachy

Regarding how many diapers I amass, well... let's just say I go through too many diapers, and I am sometimes negligent about throwing them out. I waited until Monday morning, when nobody was home, to take them to the garbage cans, after noticing the household trash could go another day or two without being taken out. That way, they were gone without anyone noticing.

On another note, I think it's surprising because they've never done that before, and there was no storm last night.

Also, Elli, yes they were heavy! I'm pretty strong, but two bags packed with wet diapers is not an easy thing to carry downstairs, down the hall, and outside into the cans! I lifted up the trash already in the can to put the diaper-filled ones underneath, and they were so much lighter.

DiaperBadBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Last night, I left out two full trash bags of diapers in the garbage cans. (I know, scary.) This morning, when I checked them out to see if everything went fine, the trash cans were everywhere! One of them lay on the ground 5 feet away, while the other remained standing. One of the lids was on the bird bath. The other lid lay on the ground a couple yards away.

Freaky trash men anyone?

I don't think you pissed them off, nobody does that for fun

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Garbage cans are a PITA, with the exception of company issued ones. The company issued once are way too large and heavy to be thrown/blown around, and the lid always stays attached (swings open). They recently introduced them for use with recyclables, and there's a lot of room - no sorting or crushing cans!

That's a lot of diapers, though. Are you are 24/7 wearer?

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I doubt you pissed them off i could see if you scattered the diapers all over the place but they were bagged up and in the can. Trust me garbage men empty a lot of nasty smelling cans every day I doubt if they even noticed the diapers.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
I would say it would be a combination of just the trash man in a hurry and wind. I wouldn't suspect anything irradic from that. Just remember that trashmen go through with more worse shit than diapers.

Acecool

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The cans were probably really heavy to lift, so after they got done they threw them down...

Status
Not open for further replies.