• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I suppose I should do a staff intro thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
What sort of entertainment do you like, TV, books, movies, street dancing; do you have any hobbies? If you have any questions, etc. etc. :smile1:

Role
  1. Private
I've a question for you, something I've been wondering for a week or so now...

What exactly to you mean by Untilted? Typographical error, or something more covert?
:detective3

Role
  1. Private
I've a question for you, something I've been wondering for a week or so now...

What exactly to you mean by Untilted? Typographical error, or something more covert?
:detective3

Google brings up some fairly exclusive results. :nudgewink:

S

soren456

So, let's just go straight to the point: What's that dumb avatar you've got up now?

From where I sit, it looks like a salt lick or something. I liked it better when it was more nearly a picture of you.

(And if it's some national treasure that makes Australians all weepy, I can certainly understand, and I'll apologize . . . )

Role
  1. Private
What sort of entertainment do you like, TV, books, movies, street dancing; do you have any hobbies? If you have any questions, etc. etc. :smile1:

With my study load, I don't have time for much these days. Although I generally won't pass up a chance to watch South Park, or read anything really by Ray Bradbury, Arthur C Clarke or Phillip K Dick... y'know, future/sci-fi/dystopian stuff. Fringe and Lie To Me have got me hooked at the moment.

No hobbies per se, although I'd someday like to do glass works.

You tease... :tongue:

I get called mean a lot. I guess people think I'm too arrogant for my own good. Whilst partially true, I really can't help it.

So, let's just go straight to the point: What's that dumb avatar you've got up now?

From where I sit, it looks like a salt lick or something. I liked it better when it was more nearly a picture of you.

(And if it's some national treasure that makes Australians all weepy, I can certainly understand, and I'll apologize . . . )

Well, if you're going to apologise, don't call it dumb in the first place. I hate redundancy. :glare:

It depicts mountain formations from Cappadocia in Turkey. My avatar itself, however, is sourced from elsewhere. I personally think it's one of the most beautiful photographs ever taken.

Hey Lukie. I like your hair.

It's Autumn fresh. :thumbsup:

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Have you ever seen a grown man cry?
Have you ever been hit by a moving vehicle?
Do you have a sister? If so, Can I date her?
What is the velocity of an unladen swallow?
If you were a fruit, which would it be?
If you could swap places with any member on the site, would you? And who would it be?

Role
  1. Private
Have you ever seen a grown man cry?
Have you ever been hit by a moving vehicle?
Do you have a sister? If so, Can I date her?
What is the velocity of an unladen swallow?
If you were a fruit, which would it be?
If you could swap places with any member on the site, would you? And who would it be?

Yes.
Almost, twice.
No, and if I did, no.
Up to 65kph, 40.39mph for the imperially inclined, 18.06m/s for the scientists, physicists and engineers.
A kiwi fruit - people either love or hate me, initially perceived as being rough and icky, but generally have a soft and sweet core.
*hands out free air pumps* Inflate your own egos!

Role
  1. Private
Hah! I knew it!

One of the most secluded people on ADISC and no one wants to know anything.

I'm open to questions guys, you just have to ask! And no, I'm not a grumpy ol' s.o.b.... usually. :p

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Why don't you get a stupid mass of sand as your avatar so I don't feel like an idiot?

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why is it that you can add an "ie" to your name without sounding like a girl, but I can't?
Why did you choose to align your member awards to the right?
Have you ever eaten Vietnamese cuisine, and if yes, did you like it?
Are you afraid of Australia's sneaky, deadly animals?

Role
  1. Private
Why is it that you can add an "ie" to your name without sounding like a girl, but I can't?
Why did you choose to align your member awards to the right?
Have you ever eaten Vietnamese cuisine, and if yes, did you like it?
Are you afraid of Australia's sneaky, deadly animals?

Luke is a strictly masculine name. The closest female derivative would be Lucy.
Wasn't keen on ridding my old signature, and I don't like cluttered sigs.
Like deep-fried rat disguised as chicken? (Unjust criticism, I know. I've tried the cuisine years ago, can't remember if it was good or not).
Nah. When you grow up with them, they become like family!

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
What is your favorite pie? I saw one that had this awesome looking stew in it with a mound of mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas on top. I wanted to jump through the tv to get it!

Have you traveled Australia? What non- tourist trap location would you take someone?

Are koalas really that cuddly?

What's it like having christmas in full summer? Or do you have Christmas in July? :D

Have you ever owned a pair of volleys and are they really better than Chucks? A friend of mine visited down there and says they rock.

Role
  1. Private
What is your favorite pie? I saw one that had this awesome looking stew in it with a mound of mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas on top. I wanted to jump through the tv to get it!

Have you traveled Australia? What non- tourist trap location would you take someone?

Are koalas really that cuddly?

What's it like having christmas in full summer? Or do you have Christmas in July? :D

Have you ever owned a pair of volleys and are they really better than Chucks? A friend of mine visited down there and says they rock.

That'd probably be called a Shepard's Pie. Generally not bad, but if the potato is too dry they aren't the best. My favourite of all time would be a classic steak and bacon pie with a good dollop of tomato sauce on top.

Not extensively, no, although I'd love to someday. Around my local area, I'd definitely take someone to see Lake McKenzie. The sand is almost pure silica and you can wash your hair, teeth and jewellery with it. It's a bit of a tourist spot, however since it's on an island just offshore, a lot of people tend to miss it when they travel through. Definitely not a tourist trap by any means (it's free and beautiful!).

Koala's are ferocious creatures. Don't ever get too close to one in the wild, they will try to claw your eyes out.

To answer your Christmas question...

Honestly, I've never owned a pair of Volleys before! I've worn some however and they are really good shoes, great for almost any situation. Definitely a lot better than 'Chucks' (I assume you mean Converses)

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
You know, I don't see how I missed the Christmas thread, :wallbash: excellent post, that. I think I shall recommend an Australian Christmas to the family one year. BBQ and shrimp is never wrong, in my book.

Fraser Island looks fantastic! We have some beach areas on the Gulf Coast that have white sand, but I've never seen water that clear there.

You wouldn't happen to have (or know where to get) a good recipe for the steak and bacon pie, hmmm? I would love to give that a go. I would go on the web but you never know what you are getting trying a new recipe cold.

Thanks for the chat =)

Status
Not open for further replies.