I successfully made a diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geostigma123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I took 6 pairs of tight underwear and 90% cotton shorts. It holds 1 moderate wetting. Maybe even more!:smile: I know how to use a washing machine so I can keep it hidden completely!

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nice. Thought about any padding? Such a tissue or something?

Geostigma123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I cant. It's too messy for my neat freakiness. I would have real diapers if I could get them past my family...

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
That's cool, I find that any "makeshift" diapers of mine cannot really be used...

Anyway why don't you post an intro in the introductions forum? :smile:

Eek... I need to add that this is my 200th post :D
*jumps up and down in celebration and offers cake to all*

Geostigma123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Good it's washed. It does hurt though! It's so tight that I'm havin' trouble!

Okay, I take it all back... I never noticed, but it is leaking through to the front pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Maybe you could get a plastic bag or something between the outer 2 layers to stop it leaking through?

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
ive done this b4...arlikra's suggestion of a plastic liner between the final two pairs of tighy-whities always seems to do the trick.

S

secretdl26

Maybe you could add some flannel cloth between a layer or two in order to increase the absorbency in addition to adding a plastic barrier.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to use white kitchen trash bag as a diaper cover when I was younger. I used a variety of stuffing material, from old underwear, toilet paper, and paper towels. Wasn't the most absorbent thing, but it filled a need at the time.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Some people on this site have suggested buying an infant towel and using that. If you can get to a store, that might be a good starting point.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
i have tried that before each time it messed uo so i don't even try now

AidanKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always used to just go the old trash bag and folded bath towel route. I used an old towel that I could wash and then use next time, that nobody would notice was missing from the linen closet. A trash bag can easily be folded and taped on and fit really well, and the towel folded like a long rectangle to fit inside. It was great for being at home and just really wanting to wear some nights, before I decided to buy them regularly. :p

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My favorite "makeshifts" were made from hand towels... one large safety pin on each side... put a third in the center of the front to take up any slack. Didn't really hold much liquid... but it served the purpose at the time.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Maybe you could get a plastic bag or something between the outer 2 layers to stop it leaking through?

I used to use white kitchen trash bag as a diaper cover when I was younger. I used a variety of stuffing material, from old underwear, toilet paper, and paper towels. Wasn't the most absorbent thing, but it filled a need at the time.

People hae seemed to touch on the best makeshift diapers. I used to cut small holes in the bottom of a kitchen bag and when i put my legs through the holes tore bigger and made a water tight seal. I then filled the inside with paper towels or towels and put on a pair of briefs oer it to support everything. works alright.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
People hae seemed to touch on the best makeshift diapers. I used to cut small holes in the bottom of a kitchen bag and when i put my legs through the holes tore bigger and made a water tight seal. I then filled the inside with paper towels or towels and put on a pair of briefs oer it to support everything. works alright.

This is how I did plastic pants as well. Worked very, very well--so long as the kitchen bags weren't the cheap ones that have thin plastic. The plastic has to be able to stretch a bit, otherwise it will just tear as you try to stretch the leg holes bigger. Makes a great seal once the technique is perfected, though; for preventing leaks, I actually still prefer trash bags over plastic pants... Unfortunately, the trash bags can get a bit uncomfortable around the legs (tight, no air circulation).

I used bath towels fill the inside. Folded 'em like a terry cloth diaper and pinned them up. The terry was much more absorbent than a paper towel or layered underwear (which is what I started out with). I sort of made two of them 'mine' and stuck to using only those two as a diaper, because I felt bad peeing on *all* of my parent's towels and then (even though I washed them) having my family unknowingly use them to dry off with after a bath. I eventually got my own towels to use for this purpose. I also got my own supply of trash bags after my mother started buying only the cheap ones.

Kyler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
It helps if you look up how to fold a cloth diaper. The triangular way is pretty easy, i do it with a bathtowel when i get the urge.

Take the towel and, if it's a regualr sized one, fold it in half. Then, take the top part with the two loose end. Fold that over a tiny tiny bit, only enough to cover up maybe...2 or 3 inches. Then take the top, where the fold is, and fold it like a paper airplane. then sit down and bring it ...up... It also helps to have safety pins, or diaper pins. I have one. They dont bend very eaisly like the regular kind.

2low

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
haha way long when i was younger and could not get diapers i used to do the multiple
undies breifs thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.