I shut down when doing hard things

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have this mental block where if something is hard or if i have to concentrate for a long time, I shut down and when its happening it feels like my brain is on fire.
Technically i'll do whatever it takes to ignore or at least "get rid" of those intense feelings. its the worst its like falling into a pit of despair and not knowing what happened.

Other people can be good at things/have there well established careers and I spent all of my 20's dealing with childhood trauma, going to therapy, eating disorders, I oversexualized myself because I thought it would make me more successful ( as bad as that is to admit) Because I just never knew how. And I didnt think I was capable.
and i dont feel as grown up as other people around me, definitely other women, and pretty much everyone else. Unless if your visibly downbad, but as time goes by my problems are getting more obvious. a 22 or 25 year old and look at me like oh what are you doing with your life, anyone could ask me that.
I cant tell you the answer.

When I get motivated , I get so overwhelmed so easily .. I just cry, shell up, forget , and the cycle of not doing it continues. People say there are resources, and baby steps. But i don't know where to begin, and i get a sore throat just thinking about it. And people are literally convinced i don't care. I feel like an outcast. I guess i'm trying to find the prerogative of this post. Maybe if youve ever felt this way. and what helped you with the immediate shut down or cry fest. Because im starting to believe less and less that I m capable of hard things.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan, Wondercrinkee and Jorelaxed

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
keepitonDL said:
I have this mental block where if something is hard or if i have to concentrate for a long time, I shut down and when its happening it feels like my brain is on fire.
Technically i'll do whatever it takes to ignore or at least "get rid" of those intense feelings. its the worst its like falling into a pit of despair and not knowing what happened.

Other people can be good at things/have there well established careers and I spent all of my 20's dealing with childhood trauma, going to therapy, eating disorders, I oversexualized myself because I thought it would make me more successful ( as bad as that is to admit) Because I just never knew how. And I didnt think I was capable.
and i dont feel as grown up as other people around me, definitely other women, and pretty much everyone else. Unless if your visibly downbad, but as time goes by my problems are getting more obvious. a 22 or 25 year old and look at me like oh what are you doing with your life, anyone could ask me that.

When I get motivated , I get so overwhelmed so easily .. I just cry, shell up, forget , and the cycle of not doing it continues. People say there are resources, and baby steps. But i don't know where to begin, and i get a sore throat just thinking about it. And people are literally convinced i don't care. I feel like an outcast. I guess i'm trying to find the prerogative of this post. Maybe if youve ever felt this way. and what helped you with the immediate shut down or cry fest. Because im starting to believe less and less that I m capable of hard things.
You are special and unique in your own way.😊
Everybody is different, believe or not, you do have your own strengths. I feel like that at times due to my mild Autism. Don't let the world dictate your daily life, You are stronger than you think.🙂🙂

Reactions: keepitonDL

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I often feel the same way too. Like there's an invisible barrier between me and doing important things. I wish I could give you some advice, but I haven't found my way out of it either. All I can say is, I think if anyone offers you help, take it.

Reactions: keepitonDL and Jorelaxed

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
if anyone offers you help, take it.
all the help in the world and i still cant figure it out.
its just my self esteem . if i could order some self esteem instead of cases of diapers i would

Reactions: Jorelaxed

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jorelaxed said:
You are special and unique in your own way.😊
Everybody is different, believe or not, you do have your own strengths. I feel like that at times due to my mild Autism. Don't let the world dictate your daily life, You are stronger than you think.🙂🙂
I have OCD and I struggle with certain sensory issues. I think just the feeling of frustration or difficulty is a major trigger point and sets me off lol it’s not easy always

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When I was younger I would get very angry when I would not understand something or a task.
When I get overwhelmed with something, my brain tries to slowdown. Sensory overload is no fun.😞

Wondercrinkee

"Paranormal Investigations in ABDL detection" lol
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
It's a busy, confusing, and goofy world at times.

You don't have to try to figure it out immediately, but at your pace, there is no rush with self-growth. I, like many, was at once my worst enemy. Oh, not that you are, no. But I know what it takes to stop the troubles and allow life to open up, up kindly. And work better for you.

First things first, though. Stop analyzing. Allow yourself back. Let go and tell your mind to stop the BS, if it's happening, tell it to stop, or picture a "stop sign".
Keep those that interfere with your mental health away from you if they hurt you. Set aside a "time for yourself" time where you do not have any expectations from yourself, or others.

Keep mindful of NOT being mindful. Listen to relaxing music, if this helps. Something neutral that doesn't remind you of anything. Write stuff. Or don't. No rules. Just let all that crap go away. You are alive, you are okay, and you will see that it will, whatever it is, be figured out, or not. No rush here. Just be you, allow the flower in you to open peacefully.
You are normal. You are human. You are okay.

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jorelaxed said:
When I was younger I would get very angry when I would not understand something or a task.
When I get overwhelmed with something, my brain tries to slowdown. Sensory overload is no fun.😞
Sometimes it can be funny . I farted so angrily the other day because the feeling of having to was bothering me lmaooo wasn’t angry afterwards cause it was too hilarious . #screaming #farting

• Haha

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wondercrinkee said:
It's a busy, confusing, and goofy world at times.

You don't have to try to figure it out immediately, but at your pace, there is no rush with self-growth. I, like many, was at once my worst enemy. Oh, not that you are, no. But I know what it takes to stop the troubles and allow life to open up, up kindly. And work better for you.

First things first, though. Stop analyzing. Allow yourself back. Let go and tell your mind to stop the BS, if it's happening, tell it to stop, or picture a "stop sign".
Keep those that interfere with your mental health away from you if they hurt you. Set aside a "time for yourself" time where you do not have any expectations from yourself, or others.

Keep mindful of NOT being mindful. Listen to relaxing music, if this helps. Something neutral that doesn't remind you of anything. Write stuff. Or don't. No rules. Just let all that crap go away. You are alive, you are okay, and you will see that it will, whatever it is, be figured out, or not. No rush here. Just be you, allow the flower in you to open peacefully.
You are normal. You are human. You are okay.
This was so relaxing , Thankyou for these extremely reassuring words wow

• Love
Reactions: Wondercrinkee

NaughtyBoiNathan

🙊TAKEN! Lewis 🥰 Is my world 🌈❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
keepitonDL said:

I Can so relate to your post 100%, just find an escape mechanism! Mine is Music, it feeds the Soul and makes me relaxed and less anious when faced with challenging issues! Wishing you a lot of strength! :)

LittleMonsterUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
NaughtyBoiNathan said:
I Can so relate to your post 100%, just find an escape mechanism! Mine is Music, it feeds the Soul and makes me relaxed and less anious when faced with challenging issues! Wishing you a lot of strength! :)
I’ll help you with any challenging issues, you’re not alone now 🙈🥰🫂😘