I shouldn't buy things when in little space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygun619

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was feeling very little the other day and I was playing on my phone as well. I got on ebay and was just looking around for some more diapers to get. I found a good deal for 100 luvs and about 10-15 pampers together. I wasn't thinking clearly and decided to buy them even though I don't have enough room to hide them along with the ones I have now. Oops, oh well still worth it.

yep, iv'e made that mistake as well. ended up ordering a bunch of plastic pants and some cloth diapers, blew out my entire budget :( .

I have so been here, not so much in little space but when feeling really down. I definitely comfort shop for things on ebay. It is normally retro video games and music cd's. Sometimes i even know i really dont have the money but in my brain owning that game will make me feel bettrr. I know deep down it is just acting as a sticking plaster but it feels so good.

When in my little space I should never go to the computer and shop. Decisions are based on what I want and not on what I need. Did I need two cases of diapers just so I could have a choice, no. Do I need another pair of footed pajamas, no. Did I need more adorable baby outfits to wear, no. Did I need more baby bottles, no. Have gotten much better except when it comes to diapers. I wear a diaper 24/7, cloth at night and usually disposable during the day. Just last night I was home, wearing an adorable dress with winny the poo with tigger too on the bodice. Had my sippy cup with a little something extra added to the juice and decided to order more diapers. Ordered what I needed from North Shore and then my little side wanted something a little more special. Could not decide between the space and purple diaper so ordered one bag of each. Then thought to see if Amazon had Forsite am/pm and Fab Sense City Print and they did so ordered them also. Little me wanted everything. Would be able to keep my little under control if she did not have a credit card. Not the big side has to figure out how to pay for what the little side wanted. Things she wanted, not things she needed.

It's like they say

Don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry.

Virtual_Gravity_27 said:
It's like they say

Don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry.

That saying doesn't make sense. If you go grocery shopping you are going to buy something you want to eat. Isn't that the whole point? Why buy something you don't want?

Tommygun619 said:
That saying doesn't make sense. If you go grocery shopping you are going to buy something you want to eat. Isn't that the whole point? Why buy something you don't want?

The saying makes sense because you often buy things you don't need to buy when you go hungry. Sure, you are buying something you want to eat at that very moment. I think it's really about cost and diet. If you are concerned about any of those things, then you really shouldn't go when hungry cause you end up with things you were not planning on getting and thus spend more, and get more junk food.

Tommygun619 said:
its because you end up buying way too much or stuff you may not actually need. I do it all the time much to my mom's dismay.

- - - Updated - - -

MarchinBunny said:
The saying makes sense because you often buy things you don't need to buy when you go hungry. Sure, you are buying something you want to eat at that very moment. I think it's really about cost and diet. If you are concerned about any of those things, then you really shouldn't go when hungry cause you end up with things you were not planning on getting and thus spend more, and get more junk food.
this

Yup. Little-me isn't allowed in the stores online. It's just begging for trouble.

Tommygun619 said:

You should go grocery shopping because you need to have food to eat later. This allows you to focus on your shopping list, and only (or at least MOSTLY) get things only from your list. If you are hungry when you are grocery shopping, it'll influence your judgement and "everything will look better". You'll almost certainly buy several things you wouldn't have bought if you weren't hungry. Things you might regret having bought later. Or things you might rush home with and binge-eat on, which can be a bad thing itself.

I always have to eat a meal before I go grocery shopping, I guess was my point...

Otherwise yeah. My eyes are bigger than my stomach.

And I buy a MILLION things I am hungry for right THEN and NOW lol.....

But then I get home, eat a meal, and then ask myself.....Why on earth did I buy three packs of this or that......

Because I was really hungry.

Same goes for shopping for little stuff I guess. Better to shop when your not "hungry" for little stuff.

Better to shop when you are out of little space, and in a reasonable financial mindset. But it depends on who you are too.

"Don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry" is a famous and well known saying. Just saying!

As for me, yeah, I've bought embarrassing things on line when I was in little space, and then I had to explain them to my wife. That was sort of in the beginning. Now she just roles her eyes. Of course, she'll buy me baby things now, so all is good.

dogboy said:
As for me, yeah, I've bought embarrassing things on line when I was in little space, and then I had to explain them to my wife. That was sort of in the beginning. Now she just roles her eyes. Of course, she'll buy me baby things now, so all is good.

I have absolutely no problem picturing that. The eye roll. The slight head shake. The muffled smile.

But that's a great thing to see. It says "You're goofy, but I'm totally okay with that."

also never go shopping on a empty stomach you but too much sweets and cause a belly ache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back