I Remember when I was still in diapers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbabysitter26

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
I used to really enjoy building forts. I was still wearing diapers at night because I was having accidents.

For some reason I thought there was some evil force sneaking into my room at night and forcing me to wet the bed. So as a defense against the evil force I would build a fort.

I had a bunkbed, with red metal poles and I would stick blankets in the top bunk and they would hang over the bottom (which apparently would protect me from the evil force lol). I don't know if anyone remembers ZanyBrainy, but they sold this product called glow string. I would take the glow string and tie it all across the room so it created a security seal similarly to a laser detection system.

I just remember this as one of my coolest childhood memories. Fort building was awesome, I think a few times I build some forts out of cardboard boxes.

Anyway,

Did anyone else build forts as a kid?

What kind of forts did you build?

What was special about your forts?

Did you have a defense system?

I'm curious to know your thoughts...

Thanks!!:smile1:

SillyFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
i use to build forts all the time. i did this cool thing with a box fan and a bed sheet. man those where the days :p

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Oh boy, did I ever build forts! Although I wasn't wearing diapers at the time (sadly). Usually, I did this with friends when they'd come to my house for a sleepover. We'd push literally every piece of furniture in the playroom together, throw blankets over it all until it was completely dark inside, then get extension cords, lamps, Christmas lights--we'd go nuts! And in some far-flung back corner of our fort, we'd drag my mom's old black-and-white TV from her college years, hook my Atari 2600 to it, and play Warlords and Air-Sea Battle. :) Now I've dated myself!

ToysRUsKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My brother and I used to build forts all the time back when we had a less-than-stellar babysitter. The more we could avoid and/or torment her, the better, so every opportunity we'd grab all the couch cushions and blankets we could and turn the living room into a battlefield.

I also had the fortune of a bed with a crawlspace underneath, which became both my fort and my diaper-stashing treasury. Unfortunately fort-building died off for me once that bed was replaced, although one of my college dorm set-ups brought back some memories. Given the opportunity and the materials, I could see myself doing it again as an adult.

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My girlfriend and I still build forts! It's an awesome way to spend time. It makes you feel like the ruler of your own domain :p haha

-Ron

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My brother and I used to build forts in our dining room and pretend we were the Power Rangers. We would stack up every pillow in the house till it was like 5 ft high and that would be the Megazord and we'd kick it and knock it down and stuff... lol good times....

boostergold

The greatest diapered hero you've never heard of
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
i used to build forts out of boxes. i would tape them together and crawl through them and sleep i them

Wambles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
My relatives and I would always build forts when I was younger. Well maybe they built all of it because I imagine that I was more of a nuisance than a big help at my age haha. But anyway, we ended up making forts that expanded across every room in the upstairs of my grandma's house. It sure was awesome. Everyone had their own section of the fort and had their own part of the neighborhood!

LittleAyria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
well i dont remember being in diapers really but i do remember loving to build forts, id go over my friends house after school and wed build all kinds of forts and play games or hide in it and watch barney on the tv

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm another one that used to build forts :)

StikkyPaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I used to build forts with my friends when they came over, I particularly remember building forts when mum and dad had dinner parties and all the kids would get together put a movie on and build forts. We used to build them out of the couch cushions and blankets.

Also my grandparents live on a farm and when I was little and my whole family still lived in the same state, everyone would get together at hay time and help, and let me tell you you haven't had a really awesome fort until its built out of hay bales (the small square ones). It usually had a door windows and a little platform on the top, which to me then was the parapet of my castle.

Ah the memories.

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Snow forts were the best

Lucky, one year we had a whole 8 inches of snow in Texas and after shoveling EVERYBODY'S walk on our street having enough to kind of half attempt a snow fort. It came up only to about mid thigh but it was just big enough to duck behind XD

When me and my cousin made forts they were either really deep dirt holes with branches making like a tee-pee over it covered in leafs, or if it was rainy a pillow fort under the table in the den. *sighs* I think ill make a blanket fort tomarrow night to chill in ^^

AusDL89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I remember when my older brother and I used to share a room and we had bunk beds. I used to build a fort on the top bunk with pillows and blankets. This was the best place to build one because when my brother would walk in the room I could throw stuff down at him.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Can't remeber diapers, but I have saved inside my head a few "sreenshots" before my 3rd birthday, where the protagonist is my paci and my emotional movement.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I would build forts constantly out of our old couch's cushions. I'm pretty sure I started doing it while I was still in diapers, as I took a bit longer than usual to get trained, at least for an eighties kid probably.

Also, in my old backyard, on a swing set my dad had built when I was real young, I could slide a couple planks of wood across the monkey bars along the top. This allowed me to climb up and essentially hang out on the 'roof' of the swing set. It was actually high enough to where I could see in to many other backyards.

All this talk makes me wonder if I could steal a couple cubicle walls at work and put them on top of mine, giving it a 'lid' of sorts. Hmmm...

P9Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Yea I built forts wit chairs, fans and sheets the fans would make the sheet puff up. I was also a bedwetter at this time but I never got to wear diapers for it. My Grandma did mention it to my mom once, while i was in the room no less I acting like I didn't want that,Though even at that age I knew I did. I think it was dismissed by cost though. However I didn't wet on purpose it was just one of those things and I wasn't punished for it it was almost like a non-issue.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Lucky, one year we had a whole 8 inches of snow in Texas and after shoveling EVERYBODY'S walk on our street having enough to kind of half attempt a snow fort. It came up only to about mid thigh but it was just big enough to duck behind XD

When me and my cousin made forts they were either really deep dirt holes with branches making like a tee-pee over it covered in leafs, or if it was rainy a pillow fort under the table in the den. *sighs* I think ill make a blanket fort tomarrow night to chill in ^^

LOL, that was and is the same for me in Oklahoma. We don't get alot of snow, but sometimes we do get alot. And it was fun to build forts in. I remember one time, my mom got a load of dirt to do some yard work with (fill in holes, level stuff out.) The pile was HUGE, so I started to make tunnels in it, to play. It was fun, till my parents found out. They got mad, because they thought it could collapse and kill or hurt me.

But yeah, I made many forts inside the house when I was little. Tons of fun. Mostly in the den, using a couple of chairs and tons of pillows and blankets. I also remember we had this big building toy set. You could make lots of stuff with it. We could construct our own forts out of those too. I wish I could find a picture of the building set. It was big. Pipes / panels / and connecters to hold it all together. You could make anything you wanted. I remember my brother and I once made a triple bunkbed. We slept there for a few nights.

SubstanceD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to fucking love building forts. My brother and I would get really into it and use large rods as support beams, and boxes to bridge between pillows and blankets. We once made one that went all around our living room, and then he read Harry Potter to me in it, lol. (Hipster time: My brother liked harry potter before the 3rd book was even out)

On a diaper-related note, the summer before I went into first grade my family visited Europe, and although I wasn't wearing diapers at that age, I guess my parents made me wear one for the plane trip, as there's a picture in our family photo album of myself very excited with my hands reaching for the sky outside the airport, and with my shirt riding up I can clearly see a diaper poking out above my waistband.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I built all kinds of forts, from blankets over chairs when I was little, to underground forts when I was in high school. As kids, we'd play army, one side against another, and we'd build hiding forts in clusters of bushes out in the woods. It was so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.