I really dislike landing zones with thick plastic

mantilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am frustrated, that nearly all ABDL diapers have a second layer of plastic in the landing zone for the tapes.

The plastic totally destroys the smooth feeling of the diaper for me. I understand that it is an important feature for some to be able to readjust the tapes. But there must be others like me, that would prefer options without the second plastic layer. Should be easy to implement, as it would basically just require to leave out that production step for a fraction of the whole set.

Am I the only one who prefers diapers without landing zone for their smoothness and feel?

Reactions: DanUt and Pamperhead

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Crinklz, if you haven’t seen them already.

Also, Tykables uses hook and loop that totally eschews the plastic landing zone for a more fabric-like loop side, but I doubt that will satisfy your need for smoothness. Same goes for the hook and loop options at ABUniverse.

Honestly, a well fastened diaper doesn’t need adjustment. Some people just prefer to have that strong plastic where some of the diapers you’d probably prefer have torn. It’s also authenticity and added crinkle, if we’re being honest.

Reactions: TigerDL and DanUt

mantilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
blaincorrous said:
Crinklz, if you haven’t seen them already.

Also, Tykables uses hook and loop that totally eschews the plastic landing zone for a more fabric-like loop side, but I doubt that will satisfy your need for smoothness. Same goes for the hook and loop options at ABUniverse.

Honestly, a well fastened diaper doesn’t need adjustment. Some people just prefer to have that strong plastic where some of the diapers you’d probably prefer have torn. It’s also authenticity and added crinkle, if we’re being honest.
I know Crinklz, they are okay. But there are other's I would prefer much over them if the landing zones would not be as they are.

I don't understand the tearing problem, because I never had issues with diapers like Tena or Crinklz or other medical brands that do not have that second plastic layer.

Regarding authenticity - I think the diapers of my childhood time that I xan remember did not have that - 80ies ca. 1985, but I'm not sure.

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
mantilla said:
I know Crinklz, they are okay. But there are other's I would prefer much over them if the landing zones would not be as they are.

I don't understand the tearing problem, because I never had issues with diapers like Tena or Crinklz or other medical brands that do not have that second plastic layer.

Regarding authenticity - I think the diapers of my childhood time that I xan remember did not have that - 80ies ca. 1985, but I'm not sure.
The main difference I think of when it comes to authenticity is that the front of baby diapers isn’t as proportionally wide as adult diapers (aside from the lack of stretch panels). It’s also kinda needed to support the contoured and winged shape of adult products, compared to the more rectangular pad designs of baby products.

But what I noticed most was that landing zones on 90’s diapers, like what the ABU Super Dry Kids was based on were much narrower, again proportionally. I think this difference comes down to the need to support two tapes per side. And yet, there are several one tape designs, the SDK being a great example…

Have you tried the ABDL diapers with one tape per side? They still feature the landing zone, but I like them because the one tape tends to smooth out the landing zone better. I dislike when a landing zone gets bunched up and presses into my skin. Maybe it would be something you find more comfortable.

Last edited:

mantilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
blaincorrous said:
The main difference I think of when it comes to authenticity is that the front of baby diapers isn’t as proportionally wide as adult diapers (aside from the lack of stretch panels). It’s also kinda needed to support the contoured and winged shape of adult products, compared to the more rectangular pad designs of baby products.

But what I noticed most was that landing zones on 90’s diapers, like what the ABU Super Dry Kids was based on were much narrower, again proportionally. I think this difference comes down to the need to support two tapes per side. And yet, there are several one tape designs, the SDK being a great example…

Have you tried the ABDL diapers with one tape per side? They still feature the landing zone, but I like them because the one tape tends to smooth out the landing zone better. I dislike when a landing zone gets bunched up and presses into my skin. Maybe it would be something you find more comfortable.
Yes, I tried the kiddo junior and I think they indeed are very nice diapers. They're pretty high on my preferred diapers list. Feel much like I imagine 90ies Pampers

Reactions: blaincorrous

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I don't hate landing zones, but I do feel they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long.

Feels like they just use the same landing zone length from size large on all sizes. I've only used a couple of diapers where size small wasn't like ridiculously long.

I understand its done to fit a wider options of body types but I think we've gotten a little too generous at this point. At least for me if I try to align the bottom tapezone with my hips it makes the rise way to long.

PupSpaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I agree and also don't mind as much / don't try to avoid. They help with readjustment and for some diapers are the only source of decorative artwork making them look more fun! If the whole diaper shell was made out of the same plastic, I'd imagine you'd have some serious chafing and itching and noise... The landing zones are much more durable than the rest of the diaper shell, and can actually restrict tape placement that might work better for you if they're too small. The biggest thing this puppy avoids is Velcro and "cloth backed", don't like the texture, the Velcro tabs often attach to your bedding or clothing and you can't tape up your used diaper.

Abena diapers also don't have a landing zone.

It seems the trend right now is more towards landing zones and Velcro. The younger people gotta ruin everything (as every older person has said at some point from the beginning of time!)

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Abena, BetterDry, Northshore Supreme don’t have landing zones. I apply some packing tape across the front so that I can use them as landing zones. A lot of times, I print out graphics and tape them across the front like kids diapers.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here’s some of mine that I did to make graphical landing zones. 05628B8B-7BA1-4FCE-9B31-8C4D87414CAA.jpegCC10A672-C06B-41B9-8838-F3BA0F8228CE.jpeg