I need some help from some ABs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a DL. I have loved diapers for most of my life, and I know that will never change. In fact, I'm wearing one as I write this. But since I'm not an AB, there are things I don't understand about the AB lifestyle or how certain things make ABs feel. Which brings me to my problem.

I'm a freelance writer and I've been tasked with writing some product descriptions for a variety of AB/DL products, including pacifiers, stuffed animals, and onesies. I totally get the practical side of onesies, but what do you, as an AB, feel when you put one on? How does a pacifier make you feel? Why do you use one? What's in your mind when you get hold of a stuff animal?

Can you help me understand?

-RMS

Little space is a state of mind, where the little is just that.... Little. Any item that helps them enter into that space and stay there is what does it. So for instance, cuddling my teddy bear when I am sad or stressed calms me and makes me feel a bit little, add a pacifier or a bottle and a onsie and I might as well be an overgrown toddler in my mind

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Diapernh. So would you say that each AB item you add helps you sink further and further into that "headspace"? That each one is a puzzle piece that lets you complete the image of you as a little/baby/toddler?

-RMS

Regression is indeed a state of mind and once in little space, there is little or no sense of being anything other than little. Reality is suspended until it is interrupted or disturbed. The environment and objects within it either help to engage the little state, or alternatively disrupt it. The more age appropriate things we interact with, the easier it is to ignore things which would otherwise disrupt this altered state of mind.

Regression is intrinsically a feelings based experience, so textures, sensations, smells, sounds etc. are all powerful regressive tools. Of course imagination plays a great part, but there is something else... the $64,000 question, that element which separates us from mere game players.... :dunno: there is something of an alter ego or alternate personality, a genuine younger self which either surfaces and takes precedence, or which we choose to summon at times. Either way, when engaged, I can assure you, it is very very real.

We know how it works, just not necessarily why... we know what helps and what hinders. Most I suggest would willingly enter even if just for a short period, a situation in which there was virtually no external influence or indicator that we were anything but a baby or toddler. This is where a caregiver becomes an integral part of the process, as they have the capacity to augment the regression, or alternately ruin it for us. This is one reason why we seek acceptance, not of our differences, but to be recognised legitimately as the little person we imagine ourselves to be....this is the ultimate goal, and would probably transcend any object.

Tl;dr- focussing on these objects helps us to ignor the obvious realities which conflict with our altered sense of self.
eg: becoming aware of an adult body can be quite disorienting when you actually believe yourself to be little.

This is incredibly helpful and informative, Ozbub. Thank you very much. I think I get it now.

-RMS

Plus for most the more to the real thing the better we enjoy the item.
Feel plays a big part as well as smell for some of us our trigger's started in child hood.
Baby powder even pamper smells or plastic pants as well as a wet bed. can trigger us.
The more babyish the better even walking in baby department we wish we fit in the cute out fits ant tee shirts.
Plush's are the best too.
The binkie calm's us the suckling a binkie bring's a feeling of nurtured feeling. Bear bear is like soft friend to cuddle to.
All these thing have a memory mabey not a conscious one but come from the time we were little . An imprint instinctively in side a feeling .

Last edited:
Being an AB doesn't necessarily mean always needing to get in a little's head space. There are MANY different levels of DL's, just as there are MANY different levels of AB's.

I enjoy using baby bottles, pacifiers, bibs, etc. For me they are a means for helping me to relax. It's a stress reliever, calms me, and is a fun activity. However, I don't really enjoy getting into a little head space.

I don't really regress either, there's no separate headspace for me. But, I do enjoy some of the baby items I have because they make me feel happy. So, I think what you're looking for is details of what happy means. I don't have a pacifier, but I have stuffed animals and onesies. Onesies and other clothes tend to be pretty consistent for me. They make me feel snug, warm, and safe. Footie PJ in particular, wrap up the whole body and create that feeling of being swaddled and having a soft, comfortable way to stay warm.

Stuffed animals are unique I think, as evidenced by the fact that they're extremely popular outside the ABDL world too. They're many things. Warm and snuggly like the other stuff. But they're also a companion, a friend, a confidant. Because we make them in animal shape, we tend to infer characteristics into them, so they're loyal, they're smart, they're playful, they're affectionate. All of mine have names and personalities, and I'll play with them sometimes and move them around, or even talk in their voice sometimes. So, if you're writing about these, write about them like they're alive, a loyal, playful pet. Because they're the targets of imagination, and they act as a loyal friend in one's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back