• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yourhuggies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have been a member of adisc for almost a year now, and I only have one friend. I have posted alot, and I talk to many of you, but no one ever asked me to friend them, whats up with that?

If you dont think im being to whiny, add me as a friend, I feel lonely man!

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
41 posts mate, get posting and chat with more peoples :D

HakuKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
hey im new here how do you add people to be your friend
Also can anyone tell me what do i do to make an intro/greeting

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
1. You do not have a lot of posts.
2. Want friends get in the IRC.
3. If you want friends you have to make an effort.
4. You are being whiny. I'm not being mean.
5. Seriously If you want to make friends make an effort. I personally am not going to try to be friends with someone that makes no effort.

Shukkume

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Make more posts, chat with people, voice your opinion.....and be a chick

Just kidding on the last part. ;) Either way, be social and talk to people with like-minded interests. But most importantly: Have fun.

Tris

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
As Valerye had suggested, take a peek into the IRC chat. It is always active with someone talking to someone else or to themselves :p

Forums are usually more of a chat and greet while you talk in Private, over IMs, or IRC to talk in real time to others and get to know them more. Just takes being a bit more social than the occasional post.

Role
  1. Private
I have been a member of adisc for almost a year now, and I only have one friend. I have posted alot, and I talk to many of you, but no one ever asked me to friend them, whats up with that?

People enjoy good grammar. There is no apostrophe in "your." Perhaps this is playing into people's decision or oversight?

As for me, I notice a pretty small group of folks on here. Not because I'm a jerk, but because I can only attend to so many people in the one go. ;)

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
41 Posts is too little for consideration. More posting and more interaction will help you get friends. I have around 13 or 14 but I am fine with that cause I really don't see a purpose of that but for contact information. Its not like facebook and from this post I can say that bitching about it will not work as well. Just work your ropes cause if you don't post back on your own thread I will already consider you unworthy of my friendship. I can't be obliged to be your friend and I won't. And doing this I can say that the majority of the people here that posted here will think the same as me.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur

First of all, I think your post is valuable because many people might feel the same way, and have the same issue on their mind; whether you are being whiny or not is beside the point (to me.)

That said, ADISC being a support site, any issues a member has - to do with parents, school marks, why Tesco doesn't carry Bambinos, or how people PERCEIVE the way the site treats them are - by definition - issues - and we are here to help with issues.

That said (yay I nested "that said's") friendship isn't measured by who has "friended" you. But that question opens up a whole new thread... http://www.adisc.org/forum/teenbaby/16865-making-friends.html#post303662

Last edited:

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hi, I have four people as my freinds here. I removed one because he was a jerk.

I don't add anyone because I am afraid of adding them (unless they add me first). I don't know if they like me or not or if they want me as a friend so people who don't add you, they probably have the same reason I've got.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I've been here for over a year and I just realized I don't have any friends either...but I still feel welcome and happy here :)

Wait...I take that back, are dates here written as 10-4-08 meaning 10th of April 08? or October, 4th 08?

In any case, HooooRaaaaaaay for ADISC! :D

-Gus

V

Volcanic

I'll be ur frend :D

ill probaly never have any frends here. just the way i am

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Make more posts, chat with people, voice your opinion.....and be a chick

Just kidding on the last part. ;) Either way, be social and talk to people with like-minded interests. But most importantly: Have fun.

Will You be my friennnd?

To OP: making friends online is the same as making friends in real life, You need to give effort, spend time, and most importantly you need to put yourself out there. It's impossible to make friends if you don't talk to people. And if you don't have any RL friends, you seriously need to consider your priorities.

yourhuggies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
People enjoy good grammar. There is no apostrophe in "your." Perhaps this is playing into people's decision or oversight?

We are in a forum full of Adult/Teen babies, grammar is not and should not be a factor in anything we do, and if it is, than Im sorry, but the google type correct does not live up to your exceptional standards. I am not in school anymore, and you are not my English teacher. I went to college for an Engineering degree, spelling is not my life.

from this post I can say that bitching about it will not work as well. Just work your ropes cause if you don't post back on your own thread I will already consider you unworthy of my friendship. I can't be obliged to be your friend and I won't. And doing this I can say that the majority of the people here that posted here will think the same as me.

bitching about it just got me 5 friends, and six more potential friends, plus there are other posts about the same subject, and how cold and critical some members are here in here.
Im sorry if im just picking on you two, there are a few other critics in this thread too.

We are in a support group, so support your fellow threaders, dont nitpick about little things like my spelling, and try learning who I am before you attack me, because you arent any 'better' than me, we all are here because we wear diapers, something society shuns on, and we are here to help each other with coping, and making it 'normal'

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Well adult babies and diaper lovers are also assholes to each other just like regular people are to each other. The same thing happens with people with disabilities in their own community.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
We are in a forum full of Adult/Teen babies, grammar is not and should not be a factor in anything we do,

Not so. Being *b/dl's has nothing to do with it. First of all, to be an effective support site, effective communication is critical. What we write anywhere here is read by (potentially) all of us. A common standard - a lingua franca - keeps things clear. True the occsional typo doesn't het in the way but if things are allowed to get out of hand, w3 dev0Lv ino thiss an de plays efektvle trnz 2 s33d. It also helps to keep serious discussion: advice, encouragement, information, serious debate taken seriously; and sets an example to follow. The biggest fear most of us have concerning out *b/dl-ism is ridicule; the fewer sources of potential ridicule we face - including our use of language - the stronger we are.

Part of effective communication is avoiding misunderstanding; again, an occasional typo isn't harmful, but if we let standards lapse and things get lax, we may care a little less about how we come across, and allow misunderstanding to fester.

Disagreement is allowed and encouraged but within certain parameters ie no flaming. In order to allow diverse opinions and viewpoints to co-exist - it is critical to have an agreed set of manners; this includes using decent English. For example, I disagree with your position on what our policy should be towards spelling/grammar; note I did not say to go fuck yourself; I most certainly did not say lik u rr sum kin of reeetard: does this illustrate how style reinforces content?

A big part of the support here is encouraging people to improve themselves: getting comfortable with who they are, building self confidence, making real friends (which isn't the same as accumulating friend-requests) - making the most of oneself. Developing one's English skills and making them habitual is part of that. If you read over the content on ADISC you will notice it is suspiciously correctly written; especially considering our large number of minors and foreigners. This shows our standards are indeed attainable, and rather than get in the way of efficient discourse, enhance it.

If you want a more simple argument: Moo sets policy; being here implicitly implies an acceptance of his policy. And by accepting that policy the membership reinforces it too: thus both democratic and authoritarian forces promote said policy. ( Moo - I mean authoritarian in a literal sense, not in the sense of authority being heavy-handed.)

and if it is, than Im sorry, but the google type correct does not live up to your exceptional standards. I am not in school anymore, and you are not my English teacher. I went to college for an Engineering degree, spelling is not my life.

Well, I could speak lots on the problem of illiterate engineers. Engineers actually illiterate produce ineffective work: if your calculations or designs can't be understood this undercuts their value, no matter how technically worthy they may be. Actually, I assume correct spelling and syntax are critical to engineering work, say, programming... Or do you accept that programming involves exacting standards but conversation should demand lower standards?
I went to college for an Engineering degree
Did you get one?

This is an example of exactness in language being important. I did not mean to sound insulting or sarcastic; I meant to point out simply that poorly worded things can be mistaken in their meaning.

bitching about it just got me 5 friends, and six more potential friends, plus there are other posts about the same subject, and how cold and critical some members are here in here.
Im sorry if im just picking on you two, there are a few other critics in this thread too.

Cold and critical? Yes it may be that the point could be made more kindly; please don't be put off by what you perceive as overly harsh criticism; it is very important you understand that the criticism is of the post, not the person, the same way rep is given to the post not directly to the person. I have actually come out rather strongly against speaking TOO harshly about poor use of language: not only does it make the site feel unkind and unfriendly, but it is unfair to very young members, non-English-as-a-first-language members, and those with mental issues: the learning disabled, the genuinely mentally ill: those most in need of support. Engineers should be able to use a spell-checker.

We are in a support group, so support your fellow threaders, dont nitpick about little things like my spelling, and try learning who I am before you attack me, because you arent any 'better' than me, we all are here because we wear diapers, something society shuns on, and we are here to help each other with coping, and making it 'normal'

I don't consider myself "better" than anyone else... at least not intrinsically, which is how I took your meaning. But meeting the standards of the site is not a matter of being "a better person" it is a matter of being more functional as a member: this contributes to the site's overall functionality. ADISC is more than a playground, a social space to gather and find acceptance: those exist also and more power to them. ADISC is deliberately not them; we serve a more ambitious role, and succeed at it.

Also, by not taking a casual attitude to language we help to promote a mindset of not taking a casual attitude to hiding diapers, personal security, and other practices. I invite you to look at other diaper sites where casual attitudes do exist... there is a huge difference in their feel and functionality. This comes across greatly in the loyalty of the memberbase and the degree to which the members help to maintain and improve the site.

So...

If we aim for correct language, yes some errors will inevitably crop up; and there will be an overall effective standard a little less than prfect: but it will be the best attainable. To not care at all about language standards, or to be really, really lenient, is to foster imprecision, misunderstanding, obfuscation, and a host of other badnesses. We can sometimes speak more kindly when we ask people to keep their English standards up, without compromising our position.

There may be many reasons people sent those requests in: they may sympathize with you over over-zealous grammar nazis... they may feel sorry for you... or merely hope it'll stop you whining... or they meant to all along and just forgot, and you reminded them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.