Status
Not open for further replies.

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I may have to wear 24/7. This morning I was walking my dog like I do every morning. I hit the 2 mile turn around and all was good couple of minutes later I felt I needed to pee. I dont take my morning walks diapered because I work up a sweat and its just not fun to be diapered when sweaty. Anyway I was about a mile from my house and I sneezed and wet my shorts not completely I was able to stop it before I completely had an accident, thank god I was wearing black basketball shorts so it was not that noticeable. Before I walked up onto my lawn to get into my door I sneezed again and I peed more, ive never had control problems before. My question is should I start wearing full time or try to do something about my recent weekness... will it correct itself.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
This would be attributed to the sneezing and not directly the need to urinate. I would increase water consumption and do a few 'holding it' exercises.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I may have to wear 24/7. This morning I was walking my dog like I do every morning. I hit the 2 mile turn around and all was good couple of minutes later I felt I needed to pee. I dont take my morning walks diapered because I work up a sweat and its just not fun to be diapered when sweaty. Anyway I was about a mile from my house and I sneezed and wet my shorts not completely I was able to stop it before I completely had an accident, thank god I was wearing black basketball shorts so it was not that noticeable. Before I walked up onto my lawn to get into my door I sneezed again and I peed more, ive never had control problems before. My question is should I start wearing full time or try to do something about my recent weekness... will it correct itself.

If this problem persists I would see a urologist. You're too young to have to be wearing 24/7. You could wear a diaper or a pullup
while walking your dog.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Follow the advice already given. A diaper or pull-up could assist short term in avoiding embarrassment, but you should practice holding it and see a doctor if the problem persists. You could have an infection that needs treatment, for example.

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Its not like it hurt or anything... I was wearing for about 2 weeks steady pretty much 24/7 except when I walked my dog everyday... I can safely say I used the toilet 1 time in 2 weeks.. could have I just weakened my bladder from just going when I want instead of holding it until I found a toilet?

Trathfelder105

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
What I would do is not hold it your bladder was so full that u had to go and when u sneezed your body tensed up and u let I go I would recommend what every doc/urologist is going to say drink lots of water and go pee more even if it is in a diaper it doesn't matter your not supposed to hold it in It will damage your kidneys if u hold it in unfortunate I know all of this because I am seeing one

L

Lozza1979

I would wear nappies just to be safe, all whilst making a mental note if it happened again when you sneezed.If so then see a doctor.If it was just a one off you could safely ditch the nappies on walks.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As others have said, if you're worried about this (I think it is called stress incontinence) a pad will suffice.
But that misses the point.

You can wear 24/7 because you want to; you don't have to wait until you have to. And that is the true glory of it. Having to wear is guaranteed to be a drag at times. Being able to wear is always fantastic.

Just do and enjoy it.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other

Oh my...

Sorry - I'm IC... and truly it is something I only see on AB/DL forums... that someone starts to show signs of control problems and the only "solution" they think of is going hardcore 24/7. As it would be some sort of a god-sent reason to finally *need* diapers.

Honestly: Don't.... if you feel like developing urinary control issues, see an urologist.
To be perfectly clear, what you experienced can have a ton of different medical backgrounds (and psychological)... from pretty simple (one time... no problem) to pretty serious. Personally I'd get it checked.
The thing is this, if you by chance start to have ic issues in 90% of the cases there is a LOT that can be done to actually solve the causing issue.! And diapers at best are temporary remedy - they do not solve the problem, they simply take care of the "output".

And if you only pee a little, you wouldn't need full diapers anyhow during the day... it's not like you have no control left at all, is it?
So if you're insecure about this happening again, use a pad or some pull ups... this way you'll sweat far less, it's easier to use the toilet the normal way, and have some protection in case you have an issue.
But again, if this persists, definitely get it checked, anything else would be stupid.
In the mean time, feel free to wear pads, pull ups, diapers or whatever... its your life.

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have not had an issue since I think I just weakened my bladder by not holding in my pee, just going when ever I felt an urge.. I stopped wearing diapers during the day for a day or 2 and I have regained full control... I feel better thanks everybody!

Trathfelder105

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Your sphincter won't get weak because as your bladder fills it will hold the urine in therefore are using so it will not get weak if u can possibly help it don't ever hold it in it will cause infections like uti and will damage your kidneys over time

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was going to suggest that you start using the toilet rather than a diaper. The problem with using a diaper deliberately is that your bladder and associated muscles are not being used to hold it back. After a while, you have to pee more frequently and you have less control. I think you did the right thing by what in essence was re-training your muscles to hold it.

NovaDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
After wearing for most of two weeks, yes, this can definitely happen. After a certain point you'll have also conditioned your mind to leave your sphincter in a more or less relaxed state. Muscle tone will keep you from dribbling constantly, but the muscle tone will start to be lost and the muscles that you use to actively control it will weaken from less use. The good news is that, if you stop wearing, you will get your control back about as quickly as you lost it. Don't wear for so long at a time and you'll avoid this problem. You will find yourself needing to urinate more often and it being harder to hold it while you are rebuilding your strength. But you have to try to hold it.

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
After wearing for most of two weeks, yes, this can definitely happen. After a certain point you'll have also conditioned your mind to leave your sphincter in a more or less relaxed state. Muscle tone will keep you from dribbling constantly, but the muscle tone will start to be lost and the muscles that you use to actively control it will weaken from less use. The good news is that, if you stop wearing, you will get your control back about as quickly as you lost it. Don't wear for so long at a time and you'll avoid this problem. You will find yourself needing to urinate more often and it being harder to hold it while you are rebuilding your strength. But you have to try to hold it.

Best answer ever! Thank you! That's what I did.. I'm much better now... im going to break the ice today and use my diapers again. It has been 3 days with out and I miss them...

LoFiCopter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Glad you're better! I was getting ready to give about the same advice but it has already worked , haha ;)

I haven't experienced any loss of control either, but my mind takes a few days to adjust if I've been diapered for a long period of time and take a break from them. Not to the point of wetting myself though ;)

dlfe77

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Ive forgot that I was not wearing a diaper a couple time and started wetting my pants by mistake but stopped it before there was any real damage done...

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
That's kind of funny wish I could try to wear 24/7

Why can't you?

As you have no medical issues forcing you to do so, you are free in that pursuit - try it, if you like it go on, if you don't like it or find it inconveniencing at any point, stop.

I personally do not get those 24/7 ideas... it's not like you sign a contract with the devil or something bad is happening if you wear monday, but not on wednesday.
The point is, why try to force yourself into a "concept" (24/7) if you have the perfect choice of wearing whenever you feel like wearing instead of always wearing.
if you end up wearing 24/7 for some time, just as well, but don't look at it as something you "need" to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.