• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

I love garage sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My favorite thing about weekends in the spring/summer is getting up on fri or sat morning and hitting as many garage sales as I can find. They are a great place to get any baby related item you want at a bargain price. Today I got 2 diaper genie refills for 2 dollars and 2 packages of goodnites for 1.50 each. I also scored 5 cabbage patch dolls for 50 cents each and about a dozen other baby dolls for a quarter each. Its so nice to be able to go on a shopping spree and still only spend about 10 dollars :)

E

Elli

That's awesome goodnitesgirl! I remember once seeing a big 'Little Tikes' articulated lorry in a carboot sale. I didn't buy it, but I thought it looked so cool because it had a back that opened and could house many smaller items, paci's perhaps. And it dwarfed little matchbox (or hotwheels) cars!

AbsoluteBedlam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've seen stuff like that at the local thrift store. I guess that I need to hit garage sales more often.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I too be a tag sale mainaic! Mostly tools and household things I need but also things I can sell for a profit. I have scored a few AB items even though I'm mostly DL.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
What a cool idea looking for baby things. It never occurred to me. It will now. My wife likes Care Bear glasses, and I used to go looking for those.

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
I am always looking at Thrift Stores, Consignment Shops, and Yard Sales for adult diapers, bed protectors, and anything else I use. With the cost of things, it's great to find a good deal.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i mostly stick to thrift stores or damages good places for most of my stuff. i have come close to getting some good molicare super plus once. but my parents were with me at the time so i had to let them go.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I've picked up a couple nice prams at yard/garage sales before. Most of them around here usually have baby and children's items because the popularity of bargain items like these draws mothers to the sale like a magnet. Has a pretty good draw on me, too!;)

~Pramrider

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
I love garage sales too... but I haven't been to one in years...

I wish I had spent this summer looking at a few.

-Sophie

kenshi

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Reminds me of when I was younger and my grandma(rest her soul) and I would go around to the different garage sales in the area and she would buy me toys from them sometimes.

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Speaking of garage sales, the Nebraska Junk Jaunt is the last full weekend of September, and I plan to go garage sailing along the planned route. 300 miles of goodies, what can one possibly find.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I went to a garage sale and boy were the baby items there expensive. Five dollars, three dollars, eight dollars. Toys there are usually cheaper than those prices. But they had a 25 cent box and a dollar box. I also got free baby diapers that were sizes N-2. These were good baby toys I got and like new.

DprdC

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I live in Florida and FML, I don't seem to have luck in my area with adult diapers.

T_T

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Speaking of garage sales, there's a collectable, vintage baby car seat item I've been looking for that most likely would be FS at a garage/moving sale. This is the one I'm looking for: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/pramrider/1971CarSeat.jpg

If any members, particularly in the U.S., who frequent such sales come across a 100% identical early '70s seat, in VG condition with no tears in the vinyl upholstery, please grab it for me. Vinyl color doesn't matter - it came in black, tan, gold, and white. The company make is Strolee which you'd see on the crotch strap just below the front bar. The three rectangular pads making up the head restraint are also a Strolee trademark of the time - see them and you'll know it's the one I want. These seats were a few years before the molded plastic shell seats that began to appear in the mid-70s. Not looking for any molded plastic shell seats. Garage sale baby items usually don't sell for much, especially an item no longer up to gov't safety standards, so I figure it wouldn't go for more than $20 at the very most. That would be my price limit. Please be assured I'll pay you for the seat plus shipping, and you certainly don't have to worry about me stalking you by your giving out a return address for either payment or a "From" address on the box. Thanks for your help!:)

Please PM me if you have any questions or come across a "find"!

~Pramrider

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There were A LOT of yard sales in my town last weekend, and I checked some out. One even had a partial package of girls goodnites for sale, but I'm not into the girls prints and their absorbency is not a selling point with me, so I let them go.

I love yards sales though, I have picked up some of the most useful gadgets at them. And I like having them, nothing like making a couple hundred to add to the diaper fund :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.