I live in a group home,

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Should I be honest with my support staff when getting these deliveries as these are frequent now I'm 24/7. They may need to take big boxes in.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I should add that I have large boxes of IC nappies and wipes being delivered every 28 days.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I would be as it's going to save a million questions once they inevitably discover what's coming in those large boxes every 4 weeks. I assume you're in a group home for at least partial care so yeah, inform them.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
bobbilly said:
Should I be honest with my support staff when getting these deliveries as these are frequent now I'm 24/7. They may need to take big boxes in.
if you're in a group home it's likely you being IC is on your file.
You can share with workers what you want but they generally try to respect your privacy.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
I can relate to your situation here in the US as I am living in a low level assisted living facility where about half the people in the building are on the assisted-living program and the other half are not. It’s specifically for blind visually impaired people and I know for a fact that I am not the only person that needs diapers in this building. So in that respect I can relate to your situation and I have told staff that I do get Diapers on a regular basis. I don’t feel so awkward since I know I’m not the only one. The thing about my situation is that even if I was in the program and needed help and assistance with daily living tasks, medical stuff like diaper changing, is not one of them because the staff are not qualified for that and it’s not part of the job description. But to be honest with the people in the building is probably a better situation so that they don’t wander what you’re getting in boxes all the time. But like somebody else said, it’s also probably on your file as part of your medical issues.