I like diapers at night but regret not wearing in the day. Also work construction. Do I need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotmatrix

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
This has been an embarrassing topic. I do like the feel of a diaper for a short time but I have dealt with mild incontinence for my whole life. Not bad at all but enough but where it is embarrassing. I have issues during the day one or two times a week. Not enough to constitute a diaper but more than is comfortable to deal with not wearing a diaper. I work construction on ladders and doing physical work all day in the summer heat among other people in Arizona. So a "peep show" is more likely than not. I find pullups and diapers hot and uncomfortable after more than an hour unless I am sleeping. But I rarely have any trouble at night.

It would be an entirely different story if I was NOT lifting, climbing, and bending over all day since there is always the worry of someone noticing the slip of a diaper sticking out. But then at the same time later on people may notice much more... I may only wish I had a diaper/ pull-up on 5% of the time and needed it vs. the 95% of the time I have no need for such.

If I am wearing coveralls I am not worried but it is still hot and uncomfortable and I still find myself looking behind my back and avoiding people. Do I just force my self to wear incontinence products while at work, rather than at home and weekends? How do I discreetly pack extras and change? in my toolbox that people borrow tools out of constantly? in the work truck that co-workers dig through? again keep in mind it is only 2-4 times a week I wish I had a diaper of sorts while at work.

It is toss up between want and need and I am finding myself conflicted. Anyone have any situations like this one?
For the record I do enjoy them at home and have come in handy 40% of the time or so. Also when worn out and about I have been glad I did.

If even pull up is too hot for you don't have really any other solution because logically pull up is the most breathable in Diaper product.

Wearing a taped diaper in the heat takes a bit of time to get use to but your body will adapt to being padded, a couple of important things to do is keep hydrated and change your diaper more often then normal due to the heat and the diaper absorbing your sweat.
a pullup is more easier to wear as it is more breathable but you risk leaking more if you have a flood or you are pointing in the wrong position or your volume of pee over saturates the pullup.

only you can decide if you need to wear but if you are constantly checking your back side and your pants while you avoid co workers I think you answered your own question its time to wear 24/7 and see your urologist.

rearz now has construction onesies that look like regular reflective shirts

Last edited:
Reactions: dotmatrix
I also have mild incontinence and I use bladder control pads. The ones I get are marketed to women, but they make some for men too. They won't protect you if you completely lose control of your bladder, but they can handle a decent leak, and they are really unobtrusive.

Reactions: dotmatrix
You don't say exactly what constitutes an accident, so if it's definitely on the lighter side, a pad could be enough. Northshore has a decent selection and I believe will send free samples of their own products for the asking. See https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/guards-for-men.html . But I don't know much about them personally anymore.

For a bit more coverage, you might also try a belted undergarment. These have fallen out of favor in recent years, but are still available from brands like Tranquility, Tena, and Attends. It's basically the important part of the pull-up, with an elastic waistband on each side to hold it in place. Some are plastic backed and some are cloth backed. I wear the cheap Wal-Mart brand myself after showers and during short times when I want to air out, but like Wal-Mart's, many designs may be heavier on fluff than gel, so be mindful when you sit down. For me, these will hold two light to moderate accidents. Contrary to the marketing rhetoric, you'll want to wear underwear over top, as they do get heavy when wet. I always wear a full-cut brief with spandex over my diaper, and there's very little chance these undergarments would stick out. I rolled one up just now and it will fit in a pocket, but bulge considerably. The average pad is likely 2/3 the size. I tried to find a vendor with sample packs but found free samples only on Tranquility's site: https://tranquilityproducts.com/product/tranquility-adjustable-belted-undergarment/ .

Hope that helps!

depends4me said:
You don't say exactly what constitutes an accident, so if it's definitely on the lighter side, a pad could be enough. Northshore has a decent selection and I believe will send free samples of their own products for the asking. See https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/guards-for-men.html . But I don't know much about them personally anymore.

For a bit more coverage, you might also try a belted undergarment. These have fallen out of favor in recent years, but are still available from brands like Tranquility, Tena, and Attends. It's basically the important part of the pull-up, with an elastic waistband on each side to hold it in place. Some are plastic backed and some are cloth backed. I wear the cheap Wal-Mart brand myself after showers and during short times when I want to air out, but like Wal-Mart's, many designs may be heavier on fluff than gel, so be mindful when you sit down. For me, these will hold two light to moderate accidents. Contrary to the marketing rhetoric, you'll want to wear underwear over top, as they do get heavy when wet. I always wear a full-cut brief with spandex over my diaper, and there's very little chance these undergarments would stick out. I rolled one up just now and it will fit in a pocket, but bulge considerably. The average pad is likely 2/3 the size. I tried to find a vendor with sample packs but found free samples only on Tranquility's site: https://tranquilityproducts.com/product/tranquility-adjustable-belted-undergarment/ .

Hope that helps!
Thanks I appreciate it! I will try those links for sure since that sounds about what I am looking for. I bought a pack of Depends pull-ups today and am going to try tomorrow at work. Already worn to dinner with friends tonight, and all was well. So I will see how the day goes in the morning. Hopefully less embarrassing than usual.

I wear 24/7 and I am not IC . I wear for comfort and do a lot of walking bending and climbing when I set up window displays. I wear skirts most of the time to cover my diaper. I know for men it must be rough too. I have seen certain shirts that are made by the Duluth company that have longer tails in back to cover the pants when you are bending, maybe that can help you without having to look over your shoulder all the time. I see you are trying the depends pull ups. Good luck my friend and enjoy your summer.

The depends for men pull ups are very discrete. If anyone asks tell them you keep one in your truck and toolbox because you might piss yourself a little and that getting older sucks.

I had a kidney stone and a ureter stent in that made me have to go every few minutes of walking. To make matters worse the meds turned my pee a cobalt blue and it would stain permanently.

The wife picked those up for me. They handled 4oz of pee at a time really well. I never fully used them for full release peeing. I also never pooped in them. I only wore them for about a week after lithotripsy that blew up my stone.

If I had to pick one that I know would be cool and comfortable all day, those would be the ones.

And nobody will say anything about them either, as they look like adult underwear.

They last a whole day of activity, bending, squatting, walking 10,000+steps.

I’ve been wearing SOME FORM of incon protection 24/7 since 2009. Diapers (almost) every night, diapers during days; usually nights, though. Depends makes great pads for underwear. I prefer pull-ups. I keep a tube of Vaseline and cover my butt to prevent rash. Don’t care too much anymore about who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back