I leaked out of the top of my diaper, tips on how to prevent this?

paddedn7

Gothic Gamer Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While wearing an abuiverse cloth backed diaper, I wet standing up to make sure it absorbed it, and then laid down. After laying down I discovered I still leaked out of the side and top of my diaper. I am puzzled, and I would like tips to prevent this from happening again. Thanks!

superlittle04

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
did you fluff the diaper before wearing? as there can be absorbency issues if this isn't done before wearing

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
If you have a fire hose, point it down. Also keep in mind that diapers that are thin and swell up lots have SAP and not fluff. SAP is what locks away the wetness, but it is slower to do so…… fluff soaks up quicker.

paddedn7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
superlittle04 said:
did you fluff the diaper before wearing? as there can be absorbency issues if this isn't done before wearing
I always fluff my diapers.

paddedn7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
diapernh said:
If you have a fire hose, point it down. Also keep in mind that diapers that are thin and swell up lots have SAP and not fluff. SAP is what locks away the wetness, but it is slower to do so…… fluff soaks up quicker.
I do not have a fire hose. But this was a thinner diaper so there probably wasn't a lot of fluff. I think this answers my question. Thank you!

Reactions: RetroGirl15

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Try using a diaper cover with good elastics.

Reactions: paddedn7 and diaperdude

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Maybe use an extra long booster. I use northshore xl booster and leave it long in the front so it hangs out the waistband. After I tape up I fold it over my penus so it acts like a splash shield. It stopped my from peeing over the top of my diaper.

Reactions: BellasMommy and Tigercub59

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
paddedn7 said:
While wearing an abuiverse cloth backed diaper, I wet standing up to make sure it absorbed it, and then laid down. After laying down I discovered I still leaked out of the side and top of my diaper. I am puzzled, and I would like tips to prevent this from happening again. Thanks!

You need to pick a different brand with a longer fit. Then use more caution with the cloth-backed ABUniverse. They are still good for wearing in public because they are quieter and more discrete. You just have to map out your restrooms, use the stalls, and take advantage of those hook and loop fasteners.

paddedn7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honeywell6180 said:
You need to pick a different brand with a longer fit. Then use more caution with the cloth-backed ABUniverse. They are still good for wearing in public because they are quieter and more discrete. You just have to map out your restrooms, use the stalls, and take advantage of those hook and loop fasteners.
I already have my usual diapers that work for me and I am aware of fit. These were samples as I was looking for a thinner diaper to wear during the day.

paddedn7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pantyman said:
Maybe use an extra long booster. I use northshore xl booster and leave it long in the front so it hangs out the waistband. After I tape up I fold it over my penus so it acts like a splash shield. It stopped my from peeing over the top of my diaper.
Thanks for the advice! Although I don't have a hose :oops:

paddedn7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jorelaxed said:
Try using a diaper cover with good elastics.
Any advice on where to find cute ones?

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Kayleigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
paddedn7 said:
Amazon, Rearz, and most of the abdl sites. Do a search for abdl diaper covers and you will find loads of them.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and paddedn7

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
paddedn7 said:
Hi!, there is a Adult diaper store here in Vegas called Changing Times Diaper Company that sell really nice and cute printed diaper covers.
I believe they ship online orders too.
I bought a teddybears one, like the one on my avatar many years ago and it still works good.

Reactions: TigerDL, Jonnythepony and paddedn7