"I Kissed a Girl, and I Liked It"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not country, but with what the kids today are calling country it may as well be.

TOAccountant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's a fun tune that will be forgotten soon. I don't really enjoy the light attitude towards the struggle some face with having homosexual feelings. It does remind me of a song I really enjoyed by Jill Sobule also called I kissed a girl. I do find my self singing along with the radio.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's not country, but with what the kids today are calling country it may as well be.
Country I heard is any song that's about heartbreak and broken relationships and if you play it back words its about how strong love is. On that note this song isn't remotely country, listen to The Dixie Chicks or Tim Mcgraw and tell me if they sound ANYTHING like this song. I can see how my favorite band Bright Eyes can now be considered country due to their new album but not this pop song.

Forgot to mention but it would be funny to see this song remixed in "But I'm A Cheerleader" which I just watched last week.

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Not really...At least not here...Country sucks to me, but I don't refer anything that sucks as country...Katy Perry is pop

D

daria7483

Country I heard is any song that's about heartbreak and broken relationships and if you play it back words its about how strong love is.
Well, I don't agree with that...by your definition, Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" could be classified a country.

Nowadays anything sung by someone with a twangy voice seems to be considered country, and if the singer's voice isn't twangy than it's not no matter what the subject matter is. Some other keywords that guarantee a song will be classified as country: Texas, baby as in "my baby done left me", tractor, truck, beer, fishing, American...I'm sure there are others.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Honestly, I could give a shit less what the song's about. It's a fun song, I enjoy it (and I can even be found singing it in my car, in the best girl-voice I can manage), so it's cool with me.

Nowadays, I think the music industry is overweighed with a bunch of whiny, emotional bitches (a noun I use androgynously) that write songs about too much serious lovey-dovey pussy-ass bullshit. I like to hear songs that are full of fun that, whether intentional or not, throw a fat, throbbing, middle-fingered "**** you!" at this prim, proper, pansy-assed, pampered, politically correct, media-obsessed world around us. This song is just that.

"Oh my God, she's singing about ... about kissing a girl!" Really? No shit? This is 2008, not 1865. In our day and age, women can enjoy sex, discuss it, and they can enjoy it and discuss it pertaining to the same sex, whether or not they regularly indulge in it or not. Your (this "your" being to a generalized audience, mind you, and not directed at anyone here) "right"-minded, conservative mentality can go take a flying **** at a rolling donut for all I care, because it's high time people stopped complaining about what people were saying and instead supported them. The public needs to embrace freedom of speech, especially when it doesn't hurt anybody...

... and when does kissing a girl, or singing a song about kissing a girl hurt anybody? Call me a chauvanist pig, but I have no problem checking out girls who kiss (ladies, please feel free to do it more often, thanks), and I'm sure girls who like kissing one another have no problem with it, either. Everybody wins! GO WORLD!

Maybe Katy Perry's next song will be, "I Kissed A Girl, and I Liked It, and So Did Rance (who we allowed to take part, because he's absolutely the hottest man what ever lived, and his stuff is like, 27 inches long and does tricks (prior to falling off, causing all of the girls to laugh at him, because he used a fake one to hide his embarassing, .03-inch chode))."

Also, let me use this moment to shamelessly promote my remix of Katy Perry's song.

So what's so wrong with this song? Nothing. This song is awesome, and I award it my official seal of approval.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Country I heard is any song that's about heartbreak and broken relationships and if you play it back words its about how strong love is. On that note this song isn't remotely country, listen to The Dixie Chicks or Tim Mcgraw and tell me if they sound ANYTHING like this song. I can see how my favorite band Bright Eyes can now be considered country due to their new album but not this pop song.

Forgot to mention but it would be funny to see this song remixed in "But I'm A Cheerleader" which I just watched last week.
Not really...At least not here...Country sucks to me, but I don't refer anything that sucks as country...Katy Perry is pop
I think you both missed what I was saying. Listen to older country and what's now referred to as country. It's like pop music with a southern twang now. And yes, I realize that even now it's not "country" -- I was being facetious.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Katy Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it's slightly irritating with the usual electro glitz type drum beat that every unique usual wants to be perceived as a musical genius when they're just a cheap whore.
apparently neither of the extremes likes the song either considering one views it as portraying gays and lesbians as a piece of meat to toy with rather than true love and the other, obviously, is going the bible route.
it was fun in the beginning, but now it's worn out like my scratch vinyl :(

oh and i'm making a song called "i just kissed your boy". think it'll be a hit?

Little2Roo

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little
As someone who IS gay, let me just say something about the choice vs. genetic argument. If one truly believes and accepts homosexuality as NOT being wrong, NOT being sinful, then it doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. I mean, think about it, the message that says "If you were born that way, it's okay, but if you chose to be that way - GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!"

Quote Col Tye (Battlestar Galactica) "Be the man [person] you want to be until the day you die."

MyWorld

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
1) She kissed a girl. Who gives a flying ****? No one should care. I'm bi, and if I had a choice, I would STILL be bi. I LIKE being bi. Saying "But I was born that way" is a pussy ass excuse. You should NOT have to answer to anyone but yourself. Don't really on a (possibly true) assumption that gay people are born that way. I feel like I have always been this way, especially since I felt this way before I knew there was a word for liking both sexes. But that does not mean EVERY gay/ bi person is that way.

2) She's a PK. BOTH her parents were pastors. You should expect extravagant, ridiculous, and attention-whore things from her. But that being said, I like the song. *shrug*

3) I just assumed she was a lesbian XD

Last edited:

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
oh and i'm making a song called "i just kissed your boy". think it'll be a hit?
Of course not. The Hypocrisy of this country would show it's homophobic colors. Everyone knows that two girls together is Hot, but two guys is just gross and wrong! :rolleyes:

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I think one of the major reasons the song was so popular (apart from its catchiness) is that it's about two girls kissing, and a lot of guys always talk about how that makes them horny or whatever. You know for sure that if some guy tried to make a song called "I Kissed a Guy" it would have never even been produced because no one would like it. Though if it were to ever be popular, it would also probably cause more of an uproar, because in general our society seems to have a bigger problem with homosexual guys than homosexual girls.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Catchy song, played way too much to the point I hate it.

As for the whole message it sends, well.... I can see what the song is about, but I can see how people think it sends out the wrong message. It basically talk about something I detest. Teenagers / young adults who decide to act like they're gay / bisexual just to get attention.

Going slightly off topic here, but I can guarantee at least half of teenagers who strut around proclaiming all this shit how they're gay or bi are just doing it solely for the attention. I can guarantee if it actually came down to the part of *proving* they're like that, they'd go running off.

"I'm so bisexual!"
"Oh, nice!"
*touches hand*
"Ew, faggot!"

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Catchy song, played way too much to the point I hate it.
+99999999sdf9s999sd9f9

You know what's awesome about this song? I can sing along to it in the car without being called 'gay' (yes, I hate having that 'adjective' used, too) by who's ever riding along with me :p

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other, Private
Going slightly off topic here, but I can guarantee at least half of teenagers who strut around proclaiming all this shit how they're gay or bi are just doing it solely for the attention. I can guarantee if it actually came down to the part of *proving* they're like that, they'd go running off.

"I'm so bisexual!"
"Oh, nice!"
*touches hand*
"Ew, faggot!"
I know what you mean... unfortunately... o_O I've been a total victim of that.

Personally, I thought the song was catchy but only because it was so repetitive... something I really don't like.

I liked the fact that she tried to do something "controversial", but as mentioned before... if a guy was singing about kissing a guy, people'd be all like "ewww"

:/

Overall, I don't really care about the song. XD

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Of course not. The Hypocrisy of this country would show it's homophobic colors. Everyone knows that two girls together is Hot, but two guys is just gross and wrong! :rolleyes:
so Thallis... *gets all nervous*:blushie:
wanna make some music?

Status
Not open for further replies.