I just can't understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reword

I really got involved in this community when I started dating a girl who was a tbdl. I was very fascinated. I only was ever the caretaker but she always talked about diapers like they were the greatest thing in the world which made me want to try. I never have bc I just don't see how an undergarment could be so great. Like, it's just thicker underwear right? I've done make shifts and honestly I don't see the hubbub. But I can't get the thought out of my head sometimes. Also, almost weekly I see a license plate that has "dpr" on it. Like the world is taunting me about something I can't wrap my head around. Also, I'm OCD so this won't go away till I got an answer lol. Haha. Maybe y'all can help me understand.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
Fetishes usually don't make sense. People try to rationalize them (comfort, security, etc) or find causes of them (abuse, early associations of love, etc) or play them off as a side effect of some other fetish (plastic fetish, blanket fetish, "softness" fetish, etc), and I guess sometimes you can, but I think usually it's just plain random.

Personally I think life's too short to worry about it. If you enjoy something, and it's not hurting anyone or having an overly negative effect on your own life, why not just go for it. As an atheist I can't really relate to any of the religious guilt issues, so I guess you have to come to terms with that on your own if they apply, but from an objective standpoint I've never seen the harm of this or most other fetishes.

M

Maxx

Some people like distance running, some like sprints. Strokes for folks.

I can't explain my attraction to diapers, and I wouldn't expect a non-dl to get it. If you feel like trying it, do so. If you don't like it, there's no obligation to try it again.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
Some more food for thought: sometimes it's possible to be turned on by the mental image of something, without actually enjoying the physical reality of it.

On my long list of fetishes, is force feeding (being forced to eat something disgusting). I have no idea why this turns me on (usual BDSM justifications probably apply), but it does. That said, I've actually tried it, and didn't enjoy the reality of it at all. Not in an "enjoyable" not enjoying it, but in a legitimate total turn off, took everything in me not to end the session and will probably never try it again kinda way. I can say the same for mouth soaping (yes, I've got a lot of fetishes..). Point is I still love watching sessions where others do it and reading stories involving these elements. Maybe you enjoy the idea of wearing diapers but not the reality of it.

andycandy

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
This is so interesting because for me personally with my diaper fetish I have i'd prefer it to be hidden and I like to make up my own fantasies in my mind about it. If during sex my partner actually partook in it I think i'd be really really turned off to it. I enjoy moreso fantasizing about the fact that someone would actually have the power to put you in diapers without actually knowing that you like to wear them in the first place. Not sure exactly the simplest way to put this but yeah, my fetish is purely mental and I love that it's my secret

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Reading somebody's explanation of their sexual attraction to diapers isn't going to make you sexually attracted to them, so if that's your threshold for understanding, expect confusion. :) This is one of those places where comparisons to homosexuality do reasonably well. I could listen to any gay male describe his attraction to other males and it certainly wouldn't make me want to hit the sack with another man. Likewise, I could go on and on about boobs, and it would be unreasonable of me to expect a gay male to be as enthusiastic. And it's the same way with diapers. They, and the mental imagery that comes with wearing them, are a turn-on for me. There's no way to rationalize that; it just Is.

R

Reword

Ok I need to clarify, the girl I dated had zero sexual attraction to diapers. The sexual attraction I understand because it's a fluffy soft material next to someone's sexual parts so that makes sense. But I can't understand it in the case for those like this girl who had zero sexual attraction. What's the appeal

- - - Updated - - -

Some more food for thought: sometimes it's possible to be turned on by the mental image of something, without actually enjoying the physical reality of it.

On my long list of fetishes, is force feeding (being forced to eat something disgusting). I have no idea why this turns me on (usual BDSM justifications probably apply), but it does. That said, I've actually tried it, and didn't enjoy the reality of it at all. Not in an "enjoyable" not enjoying it, but in a legitimate total turn off, took everything in me not to end the session and will probably never try it again kinda way. I can say the same for mouth soaping (yes, I've got a lot of fetishes..). Point is I still love watching sessions where others do it and reading stories involving these elements. Maybe you enjoy the idea of wearing diapers but not the reality of it.

Brah, I think you spoke eloquently here. I think hearing other people say how amazing it is makes me want to try it but like anything, a mind can build something up into a skyscraper, when in reality it is only a small shack. This girl I dated even said she preferred her fantasies in her head than actually doing them. You sir are a scholar and a genius.

BabyGirlMoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really like that you said this BoundCoder. I'm new to actually trying this out like wearing diapers, but I've read stories for quite a while. I kinda thought that if I liked it in a story, then I'd almost have to like it in real life or something. But I think it's good for me to know that it's not always true.

R

Reword

I have tried it in a sense with makeshifts and didn't enjoy it, but I can't get it put of my head for some reason and I think it's because I've fantasized about it for some many years because of what I heard from people on the internet that it wasn't as good as I expected. But still I can't leave the fantasy sometimes

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
At this point, I'd just order some diapers of the net and try them. Either you're into them or not, and then you'd know. Really there's nothing to lose other than the cost of the diapers. It's not that big a deal as long as diapers don't rule your life.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
I really like that you said this BoundCoder. I'm new to actually trying this out like wearing diapers, but I've read stories for quite a while. I kinda thought that if I liked it in a story, then I'd almost have to like it in real life or something. But I think it's good for me to know that it's not always true.

I think a lot of times the reality doesn't match the fantasy. To be honest the absolute most striking thing for me when I tried real diapers for the first time is that they didn't fit very well at all. In my mind I just assumed they would, and in stories they don't talk about someone putting on a diaper, taking a few steps, and having them sag and slide down their legs or the tapes shifting around. The makeshifts I had experimented with were actually much more effective diapers than the first real ones I tried. With some experimentation I eventually found ones that fit me and learned how to do them up properly, but it was still a fantasy vs reality moment for me.

I'd also say some things are more fun in real life then they sound on paper or in your own head. Some stuff just doesn't translate well to words and can only really be experienced by doing.

My personal philosophy is to try just about anything I'm remotely interested in (as long as it's safe and sane). A lot of people worry about being different and not fitting in and just want to be "normal". Personally I say to hell with that. The more stuff I know about that I enjoy, the better.. and I genuinely think that even bad experiences are worth it, because at least you can say (even if only to yourself) that you tried it. Worst that'll happen is your list of groups and interests on fetlife will require you to scroll excessively :)

Last edited:

Gardener

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
OK, you really have me confused. The various threads you've started here don't jive with what you're saying here now. At one time you told us this attraction to diapers started while playing house with your sister as a child. You've been on here and told us you had succeeded in giving your ABDL attraction to diapers up.

What's up with you? Nothing is believable anymore!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The answer to the OP question is because it feels nice. That can be further explained in a lot of different ways, but ultimately, it's just nice. (Cottontail, you may now point out that my terminology has become yet more vague. Go on. I'm a big boy, I can take it. :smile1:)

OK, you really have me confused. The various threads you've started here don't jive with what you're saying here now. At one time you told us this attraction to diapers started while playing house with your sister as a child. You've been on here and told us you had succeeded in giving your ABDL attraction to diapers up.

I am feeling similar to this. I'm going to assume that Reword is posting in good faith, but that leaves me confused. I thought he actually had tried diapers already, or at least makeshift ones at some point. If that didn't do anything for him, then so be it. We already knew that ABDL wasn't exactly universal.

Stormtrooper

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Uh, do you mind if I say something here?

If your SO in the relationship is ABDL, that really doesn't mean you have to be one to have a successful relationship. If diapers aren't your thing, that's perfectly fine. Sure, they turn me on and comfort me, but I usually don't expect others to understand my fetish. In your situation, what you should be doing is, if you're serious about the relationship, accept her for who she is, warts and all.
Oh, and if you're going to try diapers yourself, don't buy the cheap, store-brand ones. They suck. You can order samples of better diapers online (Northshore Care has some for free. Just ask them.), and if you don't like them, well, you don't like them. Simple as that. Just try to understand and accept your SO's little kink and you'll both be A-O-good.

Musician147

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Just be careful the Dpr license plate isn't of a North Korean agent (Dprk)

R

Reword

I get the confusion, but basically I never got involved other community till I dated this girl. I had always seen stuff of the internet before then but when I met her was when I was first active.

D

Deleted member 21508

I really got involved in this community when I started dating a girl who was a tbdl. I was very fascinated. I only was ever the caretaker but she always talked about diapers like they were the greatest thing in the world which made me want to try. I never have bc I just don't see how an undergarment could be so great. Like, it's just thicker underwear right? I've done make shifts and honestly I don't see the hubbub. But I can't get the thought out of my head sometimes. Also, almost weekly I see a license plate that has "dpr" on it. Like the world is taunting me about something I can't wrap my head around. Also, I'm OCD so this won't go away till I got an answer lol. Haha. Maybe y'all can help me understand.

The only thing that you need I understand is that this is something that gives her comfort, pleasure and serenity. I've posted something similar in another thread but a woman wants to be able to feel safe and let her shields down. Talk to her and ask her what she wants out of it and if you do that for her she will love you deeper than anyone. She would go to the end of the world for you and give you everything. Things don't have to make sense. In fact most of life and even life itself makes little sense. Just enjoy the time and companionship.

LittleAaron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You know, this is exactly how my curiosity and then "desires" started.

I had little memory of diapers as a baby, and when the subject of older kids wearing diapers came up, I became curious as to why and then to what it felt like. I can tell you from experience that you can read these forums, stories, watch videos for years and that curiosity will never go away.

You are kept from just trying them because of all the stigma surrounding wearing diapers, but when you actually do get the opportunity you will find that you are right, they are no more than thicker underwear; however, they offer you so much freedom and convenience that comes with not having to worrying about finding a bathroom.

For some they do offer some comfort, whether physical or mental, but that is something you will have to decide for yourself. Are they comfortable to you?

So, in conclusion, find a way to try them for yourself. . . do not worry about it or try to figure it out until then.

R

Reword

The only thing that you need I understand is that this is something that gives her comfort, pleasure and serenity. I've posted something similar in another thread but a woman wants to be able to feel safe and let her shields down. Talk to her and ask her what she wants out of it and if you do that for her she will love you deeper than anyone. She would go to the end of the world for you and give you everything. Things don't have to make sense. In fact most of life and even life itself makes little sense. Just enjoy the time and companionship.

Oh we broke up haha like a year ago

M

Misatoismywaifu

I have tried it in a sense with makeshifts and didn't enjoy it, but I can't get it put of my head for some reason and I think it's because I've fantasized about it for some many years because of what I heard from people on the internet that it wasn't as good as I expected. But still I can't leave the fantasy sometimes
Order a sample pack of bambino adult diapers off of bambino diapers.com and let us know what you think. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.