I have noticed a lot of different opinions on which brand to go with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Other
What is the best beginner diaper? I have also seen people complaint about rearz, is that an issue I need to be worried about not ordering from there?

Rearz are still good diapers. The issue people are having is with the entirely unrealistic volume they claim to hold recently.
I think the diapers themselves haven't changed at all (compared an old rearz safari to a new one recently) and they last about the same length of time. All that has changed is how they measure the capacity, nothing else.
Old way of measuring could have been slowly dripping liquid on-top of the open diaper until it leaks then measuring the changes weight, where the new way could be just dunking the diaper in a bucket of water for a couple minutes and then measuring the difference in weight (I don't actually know I don't work for them)

Edit: also no one that I know is actually urinating 11 litres a day so maybe that's what people are having an issue with.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and foneyboney
frozencanuk said:
Rearz are still good diapers. The issue people are having is with the entirely unrealistic volume they claim to hold recently.
I think the diapers themselves haven't changed at all (compared an old rearz safari to a new one recently) and they last about the same length of time. All that has changed is how they measure the capacity, nothing else.
Old way of measuring could have been slowly dripping liquid on-top of the open diaper until it leaks then measuring the changes weight, where the new way could be just dunking the diaper in a bucket of water for a couple minutes and then measuring the difference in weight (I don't actually know I don't work for them)

Edit: also no one that I know is actually urinating 11 litres a day so maybe that's what people are having an issue with.
When Rearz changed from 8500 mL capacity to 11000 mL capacity they only changed the way they measure it. However when they first introduced the Mega Safaris a few months ago it was a big improvement. That's when the rating went from 4981 mL to 8500 mL. They went from one of their lower absorbency diapers to swelling just as much as the Critter Caboose, which at the time was their highest capacity diaper. I mostly wear Rearz Safari so I noticed a big difference in how much they swell. The old capacity used to leak sometimes but the new capacity is more than enough for me, and I never have them leak.

As for the OPs question, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a plain thin diaper that's discreet the plastic backed Tena Active Ultima is pretty good. I wear that one pretty often during the day. If you like AB/DL prints and want something really absorbent the Rearz diapers are good for that. Their thinner diapers are the Lil Bella, Lil Monsters, and Lil Squirts. Alpaca is one of their thicker ones, and Mega Safari and Critter Caboose are the thickest and most absorbent. If you prefer hook and loop fasteners over tapes the Barnyard and Mermaid Tales have those. There are other brands people recommend like ABU and Tykables but I haven't personally tried those. I live in Canada so it's easier for me to order from Rearz, plus I like their prints and the quality of their products. You just need to find something you like which suits your needs and go with it! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny77
LilPaddedBunny said:
When Rearz changed from 8500 mL capacity to 11000 mL capacity they only changed the way they measure it. However when they first introduced the Mega Safaris a few months ago it was a big improvement. That's when the rating went from 4981 mL to 8500 mL. They went from one of their lower absorbency diapers to swelling just as much as the Critter Caboose, which at the time was their highest capacity diaper. I mostly wear Rearz Safari so I noticed a big difference in how much they swell. The old capacity used to leak sometimes but the new capacity is more than enough for me, and I never have them leak.

As for the OPs question, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a plain thin diaper that's discreet the plastic backed Tena Active Ultima is pretty good. I wear that one pretty often during the day. If you like AB/DL prints and want something really absorbent the Rearz diapers are good for that. Their thinner diapers are the Lil Bella, Lil Monsters, and Lil Squirts. Alpaca is one of their thicker ones, and Mega Safari and Critter Caboose are the thickest and most absorbent. If you prefer hook and loop fasteners over tapes the Barnyard and Mermaid Tales have those. There are other brands people recommend like ABU and Tykables but I haven't personally tried those. I live in Canada so it's easier for me to order from Rearz, plus I like their prints and the quality of their products. You just need to find something you like which suits your needs and go with it! :)
Thanks! How loud are they, like would someone hear me crinkle while walking?

Reactions: jonny77
foneyboney said:
Thanks! How loud are they, like would someone hear me crinkle while walking?
Rearz diapers have a thick plastic landing zone, so they're very crinkly. I find wearing fitted jeans or underwear over the diaper can reduce the noise. I don't find them too bad when wearing under clothes. Honestly most people are not going to be listening for the noise unless it's super obvious. The hook and loop diapers are quieter however.

The only thing that might give you away is the swelling. Rearz diapers hold a lot so they swell quite a bit. If you want something that works good and is discrete, the plastic backed Tena Active Ultima works really well. They're very thin when dry but hold a lot. They fit comfortably under clothes. I usually wear those during the day and Rearz diapers in the evening. At home I actually prefer thick crinkly diapers!

If you prefer thick AB/DL diapers to the medical style ones during the day, any of the Rearz "Lil" diapers are good. They're thinner than most of the other Rearz diapers but still hold a lot. The Lil Bella is my favorite, they smell like candy! Personally I don't like wearing thick diapers under my clothes. I find it uncomfortable. If you bought jeans a size too big it would help though. You just need to try a few different diapers to find out what works best for you. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: foneyboney
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back