I have an idea for a new category on adisc

Dickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
So the established contributor page already exists for people to essentially put up personal ads to meet people. I know that it’s not perfect though and some people aren’t down for that exactly.

I wanted to bring up the idea for a forum category dedicated to the creation of regional specific munches and hangouts. I imagine with proper moderation and deleting repeat proposed munches for areas that already have one, it would make it easier to meet people without having to sift through a bunch of single people advertising themselves, and instead having to search for your specific city or state/province/region to find if there is a munch or hangout in your area.

If this idea has already been brought up before please let me know, and if it has may I ask why may it have been denied. I also know that fetlife has groups and munches, but fetlife has a largely sexual userbase, and non-sexual abdls might not be comfortable with that sort of group. Adisc as a baseline could provide more sfw munches and hangouts. Please let me know your thoughts and ideas!

RainbowConnection

"The lovers, the dreamers, and me."
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I second this. Sometimes I wish I could sign up for the events on FetLife... Without having to use FetLife, y'know? There's a lot of stuff there that isn't my thing. A category to set up munches could be cool, assuming it isn't misused. But as I'm not the one in charge, I have no idea what unseen problems could arise -- but a mod will have more to say about the matter.

Last edited:

Newbaby110521

A sweet diapered baby boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Yeah I’m in fetlife and I’ve had some people send me wholly inappropriate messages including a homosexual man offering to clean my house for free as long as he can do it naked. Now firstly we already have a cleaner, secondly I’m straight and finally this is just inappropriate. But I area for Munches would be great but I see a significant problem: Size. This is world wide site doing muches by country would be had by region or county even harder. I love the idea I just think it’s unfeasible that said I have no power but it’s just my two pence.

ronnieM

Professional Baby, 24/7
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I think a useful thing would be to have a giant map containing members who choose to opt in to having their approximate locations shown. It would be like craigslist, where your exact location resides in a random point on a large circular area. Click on a circle and it will show the members in that circle, and give the option to message them.

Mockup:
Untitled.jpg

Dunno how well this would work or how hard it would be to implement it, just throwing stuff out there. :p

ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yes, it is extremely difficult to find another AB/DL to. chat or meet-up. However, after reviewing other sites, I think it would be a nightmare for the Administrative folks.
please follow up with what would be a nightmare about that?

whip

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Carer
This sounds great in principle, But there are a few problematic threads to this. Having been to munches and organising my own meets.

I'll open that fact that sociliaising with people with a common interest is a great way to grow the community. As a way of boosting general moral and providing a safe space for people to talk to eachother in a face-to-face manner and discuss ideas/problems etc.. that may not be possible online.

But the issue is Keeping those spaces safe. Not everyone being invited may respect that. This is normally controlled by keeping events closed and invite only.

So if it's closed off and invite only, how does your event grow? Spread the word to new-commers that there is this event, but it's private? How do you get an invite? Hosts of such events have their own rules, But generally you just have to be in good standing and be vouched for. Sometimes just putting your name forward in advance is enough. Another is to be vouched for by another member on an 'allow' list.

Specifically this site isn't really geared to personals/meet-ups. It's a support site. I've met many people in the past on here and on fet etc... and I only really go there if I know a handful of people already, and the event/host already has an established reputation.

Having a blanket forum may lead to that assumption that said events are all safe and vetted for, or that the hosts are aware of the places they are being advertised. I tend to stick to word of mouth things.

Last edited:

ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
This sounds great in principle, But there are a few problematic threads to this. Having been to munches and organising my own meets.

I'll open that fact that sociliaising with people with a common interest is a great way to grow the community. As a way of boosting general moral and providing a safe space for people to talk to eachother in a face-to-face manner and discuss ideas/problems etc.. that may not be possible online.

But the issue is Keeping those spaces safe. Not everyone being invited may respect that. This is normally controlled by keeping events closed and invite only.

So if it's closed off and invite only, how does your event grow? Spread the word to new-commers that there is this event, but it's private? How do you get an invite? Hosts of such events have their own rules, But generally you just have to be in good standing and be vouched for. Sometimes just putting your name forward in advance is enough. Another is to be vouched for by another member on an 'allow' list.

Specifically this site isn't really geared to personals/meet-ups. It's a support site. I've met many people in the past on here and on fet etc... and I only really go there if I know a handful of people already, and the event/host already has an established reputation.

Having a blanket forum may lead to that assumption that said events are all safe and vetted for, or that the hosts are aware of the places they are being advertised. I tend to stick to word of mouth things.
thanks for sharing that, never gave your points a thought!

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I prefere being anonymous. In this club (except some really known personally people) nobody knows my real name, face and address. And I'll still keep in this way, because really unwish bad visits and unexpected messages.

Enough did my ex - she's abusing her position in the way "I know and can tell..."