Not open for further replies.

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Buy some games? Didn't it come with Sports??? I love the tennis game :D

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, all Wii systems come with Wii Sports, unless you just bought it second-hand. I honestly think Wii Sports is actually more fun than most other games for the system, which is kind of sad, actually...I bought my Wii and a few games to go along with it, and the games I bought were less entertaining than the free game.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And speaking of Wii's, maybe someone can help me out. I bought one (new) and have it plugged in to my lcd hdtv , but it only shows in black and white. Is there a place in the system to address this, or do I need some sort of special cable to plug it in to my tv to make it color?

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yeah, all Wii systems come with Wii Sports, unless you just bought it second-hand. I honestly think Wii Sports is actually more fun than most other games for the system, which is kind of sad, actually...I bought my Wii and a few games to go along with it, and the games I bought were less entertaining than the free game.

Agreed. Although I think tennis is the only one that's actually fun if you're playing alone (yeah I'm sad) :laugh:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Pretty much the games that everyone's been talking about.

SSB Brawl.
Twilight Princess.
Mario Galaxy.

Go for quality first, and then see if there are any other games you can get.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Wii sports is great for parties, because everyone can take turns. You NEED to get Brawl.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Trauma Center - Second Opinion and maybe New Blood,
Tales of Symphonia - Knight of Ratatosk or whatever the English name is I forget,
Brawl,
And Punch Out too maybe. n.n

So yeah. Get those games because I can't.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
for solo go with Super Paper mario.
and just because it's on the wii, Ghostbusters :D.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
And speaking of Wii's, maybe someone can help me out. I bought one (new) and have it plugged in to my lcd hdtv , but it only shows in black and white. Is there a place in the system to address this, or do I need some sort of special cable to plug it in to my tv to make it color?

I wonder how you have it plugged in, Not sure about PAL or NTSC being correctly set up on your TV.

But my guess is That you've got it set up to work on S-Video rather than composite. You're only getting the intensity/Luminance signal only, hence being B&W. This usually happens with the AV port. Normally if you keep scrolling through the AV "Channels" it might change mode. But I guess you are going to have to crack open the manual.

But on topic, the games I really enjoyed was Smash Bros Brawl. But even then, it's better to use the GC controllers rather than the wiimote.

Role
  1. Private
for solo go with Super Paper mario.
and just because it's on the wii, Ghostbusters :D.

Second on the Super Paper Mario recommendation. It has great playability and value; I only recently got the Mario card (and others) after many months of being away from it.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Wii sports is a good game considering it comes free with the console, maybe it's because nintendo made it so they know exactly how the motion controls work. It's also one of the games that actually makes good use of the motion abilities rather than just the buttons.

My 3 best games would be:
Mario Kart Wii (make sure you get the official wii wheel, general copies suck)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

The first two of these also have great multiplayer modes, super mario galaxy claims it can be 2-player but all the second person can do is point at the screen.
They all have great playability over periods of time as they are reasonably long, MK wii also releases monthly cometitions if connected to the internet so always provides something new to do.

diapdj

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Mario galaxy is sweet, and I like brain age too, its a lot of fun :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Update your Wii's frimware to version 4.0 and use the bannerbomb hack to install the homebrew channel. With it you can throw emulators onto the Wii and play old games from the NES to scumm based games like monkey island 1 and 2.

It's actually pretty simple and I never heard of someone bricking their Wii with it. You can also use some USB loader programs. That's a program where you plug a external hard drive or a USB flash key on the back of the Wii, you put in a game disc and the game is backed up onto the USB device. You can then play that game from the USB device. Of course it's only legal if you own that game.

Also with the homebrew channel you can use it as a way to cheat/hack games. Such as getting infinite items online or offline in mario kart Wii.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
But on topic, the games I really enjoyed was Smash Bros Brawl. But even then, it's better to use the GC controllers rather than the wiimote.

I hate the GC controller for Brawl. I can't hang it around my neck when leaving the room, making sure nobody cheats while I'm gone :D

On topic, the only one that hasn't been mentioned that you should get is Resident Evil 4.

And for the love of God, make sure to download Mega Man 9 from the shop channel.

IttyBit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Go for the 1st party games.
99% of stuff on the Wii not made by Nintendo themselves is crap.
I personally like Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Punch-out!! Wii.
Im actually typing this out on my Wii, btw

amon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess
Red Steel
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Cayde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
I have Mario kart wii , SSBB , Mario and sonic Olympics , Sonic and the secret rings , sonic and the black knight , TMNT , RE umbrella chronicles, wii sports and crossbow trainer ,

wants - new sonic and Mario winter Olympics , Sonic rally , twilight princes , The Conduit , and prob much much more

if you want my Wii Code pm me for it

Status
Not open for further replies.