I found out about 2 years ago, my older brother is a DL too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This was REALLY freaky, because I had liked them for my entire life, and to see his name/email online and then to see in person a bag of diapers with only 2 left and a goodnight in his room desk drawer, was really surprising. I've been really good at keeping every single detail from my family, but I have the feeling he knows it about me, but he doesn't know I know it about him. He did once come inches from my diaper stash, (Inside a wall in a bathroom cupboard you would think would be safe enough-- apparently not). He was wiring internet to his room. He's left a trackable trace of his fetish, and I'm curious to know if anyone else has found a brother or sister to be a DL. I found this a rare coincidence, and perhaps a genetic thing.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I believe that there are more than a few of us who think that AB/DL could be a genetic thing. I don't think there has ever been any hard evidence to support that theory though. I'm sure that those of us who decide to have children when we are older will be closely watching for signs of AB/DLism in them... but that's going to be a while. So I guess we are left wondering until then.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i think i would be really freaked out if i found out one of my siblings was.

although, it would be nice to share thoughts and ideas with them

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I could understand a genetic connection but also strongly believe that there has to be environmental influence. While I don't believe there has been research my guess would be a genetic tendency towards fetishes in general as opposed to particular ones. However, I would also guess that personality and environment also effect whether one develops and if so what one or ones.

Last edited:

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think infantilism has at least a genetic factor, though it is influenced by environment and personality too. I say this because I have been in to this for as long as I can remember and grew up in a very solid environment as far as I can say, so genetics must be involved. I can pretty much say that I know neither of my two sisters are AB/DLs, but I still stand by my belief that genetics are involved. Maybe it is as simple as being born with a tendency towards fetishes in general as suggested above, because I know there is a history of fetishism in my family. It will be interesting to see how the next generation turns out.

Role
Incontinent
I've never seen any evidence of it in my brother, but I'm sure he has some fetishes, he's wierd!
My son is a bed wetter though, and uses goodnights for it, and I've wondered about him developing it sometime. He knows that I have to wear because of my back problems, but has no idea that I ever liked it. And I'll never say anything to him one way or the other about it. I don't want to be an influence. I don't want my wife coming to me one day if he decided to become a DL, and blaming me for it.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
2 out of 3 of my siblings knew about me. Only the full blood related ones so I doubt either of them were. However my little half brother has been a lot like me anyways if he is he's doing a great job of hiding it. If he was TB/DL I wonder how our mom would react would she ban it for him like she did for me when I'm at her house? In any case I hope he's not TB/DL its not that great of a thing to have unless you can learn to accept it.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
maybe, (not critisising parents) it would be a parenting thing if u are both DL... just an idea

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Wow, that's pretty interesting, The-ownage. I've noticed we have a few members who have siblings that are also *B/DL. It's kind of weird. It could be genetics, certainly. It also could just be the environment both siblings grew up in. Or the person both siblings were raised by. Who knows?

You should come out to him. It might strengthen your sibling bond with him. And show him ADISC, maybe he doesn't know there are others like himself out there (although that's rather hard to believe, seeing as you guys have internet).

I don't think any of my siblings are TB/DLs. Although my sister frequently sucked on her paci until she was 6 years old and she sometimes plays games with my other sister in which she's the baby and my other sister is her mom. Kind of odd, but I don't think she's a TB (or in her case, a preteen-baby). If she is, that'd be pretty wild, though. I don't think I'd like it much, though.

Role
Private
Genetics to do with fetishes? I honestly don't think so. I believe having any sort of fetish is a matter of preference, appeal and environmental factors.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Genetics to do with fetishes? I honestly don't think so. I believe having any sort of fetish is a matter of preference, appeal and environmental factors.
*shrugs* maybe how they were raised im not saying badly but yeah you get what im saying....i hope...

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
*shrugs* maybe how they were raised im not saying badly but yeah you get what im saying....i hope...
Or they might have had a very happy babyhood, but now lead a stressful life and wish to return to the bliss they felt as a baby.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Genetic predisposition to infantilism and fur spectrum fetishes is my theory.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I certainly wish I had someone to talk to about my fetish, but I know no-one in my family who like diapers like me. My nephew *might*, as he seems pretty comfortable wearing them at night, even going so far as to not pulling his pajama pants up all the way, but I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him.

In any case, I took a psychology class, mainly to see what I could find out about my fetish, and I learned that fetishes are not genetically predispositioned, and are thought to be connected to that early part in life where you first learn that girls and boys have different parts. Some boys will latch on to an object and connect it with love in some way, and the feeling manifests itself sexually as the years go by.

Role
Incontinent
In any case, I took a psychology class, mainly to see what I could find out about my fetish, and I learned that fetishes are not genetically predispositioned, and are thought to be connected to that early part in life where you first learn that girls and boys have different parts. Some boys will latch on to an object and connect it with love in some way, and the feeling manifests itself sexually as the years go by.
That's interesting, I haven't heard that before, but I know in my case that it was due to my volatile family environment. I began wanting to be a baby again at a young age for the security of it, and later started to take it further with actually making my own diapers. It was during puberty that it turned sexual for me. So this all fits into that theory quite well.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Yes, that is a theory popularly believed by many psychologists. However, the truth is, the cause of fetishism is currently unknown. The possibility of fetishism being caused by genetics is not ruled out because it hasn't been proven. There are multiple theories on fetishism, however, none of them have been proven and I believe only a few have been disproven.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Here goes genetics versus the kind of people: a poor family cannot feed their children proper food, they'll be underfed and will get bad jobs, disabling them to feed their children proper food. The fact bad jobs run through a family doesn't mean it's genetic

What I'm saying is that something can stay within a family without being genetic, be careful not to bring your children up with the thought that diapers are okay just because you're an infantilist yourself. Only the future can tell us what the relation between infantilism in parents and infantilism in their children is.

More on topic though, if you so highly suspect your brother to be an infantilist, then ask yourself if there's a possibility he wets the bed and you're the only one in the family who doesn't know that. About that e-mail address though, if you're absolutely sure it's his e-mail address, just e-mail it?

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Nurture vs. Nature, always an interesting debate. I've had some interesting conversations with my Dad about this very topic as he is a therapist. Scientists are finding that DNA is the cause for more and more things, such as some aspects of personality and sexuality, though not morals. Have you ever read about identical twins separated at birth? It's very interesting. This is amazing to me, though I still think that the way you are raised has a lot to do with the way you turn out.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Nurture vs. Nature, always an interesting debate. I've had some interesting conversations with my Dad about this very topic as he is a therapist. Scientists are finding that DNA is the cause for more and more things, such as some aspects of personality and sexuality, though not morals. Have you ever read about identical twins separated at birth? It's very interesting. This is amazing to me, though I still think that the way you are raised has a lot to do with the way you turn out.
No doubt. After all, if the way one is raised didn't have to do with the way one turns out, we would have the same personality and morals at the age of 20 that we have at the age of 5. So, clearly, the way one is raised does affect their personality and morals.

Status
Not open for further replies.