I feel like I need diapers now

PrincessOfDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
And that kind of scares me. I say "need" but I don't mean that in the sense that I'm incontinent or anything. I more mean it how I'd say I "need" video games, or TV. That is to say, I  could go without them, but I'd probably be sad and uncomfortable. Diapers have become a major source of comfort for me. Feeling the soft padding, the tight tapes around my waist, the warm sensation when I wet them... I don't think I could give that up now. For several reasons, I can't be diapered every day, but I've been wearing every weekend at night for four months now, and it's really helped me sleep. What scares me is how good it feels, and how much I don't want to give it up. The nights I don't wear, I try hard not to think about how much I'd rather be in my diapers. When I do wear, when I wake up in the morning, it's so hard to change myself, not only because I usually wake up extremely deep in little space, but because I don't want to lose that feeling of comfort, safety, and security that my diapers give me

Reactions: Hahaurfnuuy, babyoni and DiaperPaige
That’s a pretty relatable statement, at least to me it is. I don’t “need” diapers either. I’m not incontinent and can live without them. But I will probably be super uncomfortable again without them.
On a regular basis without them on, I typically feel uncomfortable in the world because of my traumatic past. When I put one on, it gives me a feeling of safety and security that I will be alright. It’s a mental or emotional need more than a physical need. Some people may not understand that because they don’t know what it feels like to feel that way in your head to feel like everything is rough and uncomfortable in your own head, but it can be a big deal for me to feel at ease. What a relief that security brings. If a diaper does that for you, it could actually be considered an aid for your daily life. Affording it, hiding it, and getting people to be accepting are the hard parts.

Reactions: hti24, PrincessOfDiapers and Deleted member 59082
I also relate to not wanting to take your diaper off. I have had times where I even had a super wet diaper on and needed to change, but inside I just felt like I didn’t want to take my diapee off. I wanted to stay in it and play. Taking it off was uncomfortable like stepping out of an air conditioned house to go outside in the burning heat of late summer. But the adult me knew I needed to change out of that, so I took it off. Got to do what you got to do. Just put on another one later 😛 lol

Reactions: PrincessOfDiapers
PrincessOfDiapers said:
And that kind of scares me. I say "need" but I don't mean that in the sense that I'm incontinent or anything. I more mean it how I'd say I "need" video games, or TV. That is to say, I  could go without them, but I'd probably be sad and uncomfortable. Diapers have become a major source of comfort for me. Feeling the soft padding, the tight tapes around my waist, the warm sensation when I wet them... I don't think I could give that up now. For several reasons, I can't be diapered every day, but I've been wearing every weekend at night for four months now, and it's really helped me sleep. What scares me is how good it feels, and how much I don't want to give it up. The nights I don't wear, I try hard not to think about how much I'd rather be in my diapers. When I do wear, when I wake up in the morning, it's so hard to change myself, not only because I usually wake up extremely deep in little space, but because I don't want to lose that feeling of comfort, safety, and security that my diapers give me
That’s an understandable problem. Diapers provide me with so much comfort I always feel empty when not wearing them

Reactions: PrincessOfDiapers
I would argue that you do need diapers - maybe not from a physical standpoint, but from the sounds of it, certainly from a psychological one. And there's nothing wrong with that! I think you'll find plenty of folks on ADISC who are in the exact same boat. I don't "need" them, either - but I know for a fact I can't give them up, and what's more, I don't want to give them up. They're a part of me, and the older I get, the better I've become at accepting that.

Reactions: DiaperPaige and PrincessOfDiapers
I feel comfort in my diaper to I use every night and a little during the day that I am on vacation, and I get I feel secure with, sleep better along with all my comfort items

Back