I don't really buy into this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I just skimmed through it....but I think I have to agree with the writer...at least on the surface. I have a multitude of bunnies and bears...but I have one teddy "Jozee" that I purchased last spring (right around Easter). I just couldn't resist her. It was like she called out to me, so I bought her. Now, whenever I'm feeling sad or alone, I pick up Jozee and give her a cuddle...she never fails to make me feel better. I recently (a couple weeks ago) bought another bear which I call Jozef. He's Jozee's brother! :-D

Anyway...teddybears are definitely therapeutic! Even as children we talked to our teddies, told them all of our secrets and fears, and held them for comfort. Nothing says we can't continue to do this on into adult-hood!

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Yes, Teddy Bears and Stuffed Animals are great therapy, I learned during my last Hospitalization. They comfort and relieve stress, and they help with one of the "5 Senses in Therapy", that being the "Touch" sense.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Ohhhhh, did you know that Friday, December 19th is National Teddy Bear day?
How about we share our favorite teddy bear or favorite stuffed animal/plushie. I'll start it.

Inky and Pooh 1.jpg

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Ohhhhh, did you know that Friday, December 19th is National Teddy Bear day?
How about we share our favorite teddy bear or favorite stuffed animal/plushie. I'll start it.

<-- The cow is my favorite

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I agree to a dregree but I thing he goes a bit far with his affirmations. The need to hug & cuddle is high on the basic human list. Alone now my cats and dolls (life size human girl teddy bears) help.

Nam

M

Mako

Ron's being tricky :p He wants everyone to have a teddy, for it is well known he is the teddy bear king and shall activate his stuffed minions like sleeper cells for world domination of snuggliness.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Ron's being tricky :p He wants everyone to have a teddy, for it is well known he is the teddy bear king and shall activate his stuffed minions like sleeper cells for world domination of snuggliness.

I THOUGHT that we had agreed to keep my secret plans between the two of us, Mako kitty. :detective3

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Meh, It makes more sense than anti-depressants(Better to simply produce endorphins rather than block negative receptors in the mind)

I'd probably get a teddy myself, but would never hear the end of it from my brother and step-dad(They harrassed me for a month about my footy pjs)

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Seems to me that it's no different than talking to a pet. So the basic theory behind it makes sense.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think all of that sounds a little bit stupid but I know hugging a stuffed animal helps some people.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
It probably applies to other stuffed animals as well, but overall it looks pretty legitimate

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The only reason teddy bears are nice for therapy is because they are common in North America, people learn to relate to them, because they are their security item from birth. However, other cultures and individual experiences are different. I would never suggest teddy bear therapy to someone, I would just say find something that makes you feel secure and hold on to that. Whatever it is, a blanket, a photo, a locket, a plushie. The real therapy is in how that thing activates your mind and memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.