• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

I could use some diaper advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hey all... I know I'm usually the one providing suggestions to others... so I felt that turning the tables was fair enough.

As the vast majority of you know... I am still wearing 24/7. I am currently using two diaper brands... Attends and Dry 24/7. This works out fairly well as I have the option of either a thin diaper (Attends) or a thick diaper (Dry) to suit any occasion... depending on my activities, the accessability of changing facilities, and etc.

Attends are coming up short on both absorbancy and comfort. When dry they are very nice... thin and light, I almost forget I have one on. However when wet they tend to sag and the padding clumps up... which isn't very comfortable at all. Also they don't hold quite enough for my likings. I don't mind changing at work or out in public... but these Attends only hold 3 of my wettings before they need changing. So I end up changing several times during the course of a day. By comparison the Drys will hold something like 8. A diaper with a capacity of 4-6 wettings would be ideal.

Price is also an issue here. I don't mind paying a little bit for a quality product... but as I can get Drys for about $1 per diaper I feel that my "thinner" diaper should cost somewhat less. Attends are about $0.80 each... just for comparison.

I'm really leaning towards the Abri-form Super... but I don't know for sure. I don't like the new cloth-covered Tenas... and Tranquilitys are the same price as the Drys. Molicares and Secure X-plus are just too expensive IMHO.

Do any of y'all have a reccomendation for me? Do you have any experience with the Abri Super?

Assistance is appreciated!

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I got a bag a supers recently, and they are very good. Lasted me all day with capacity to spare, but I wanted a clean diaper for the night. I may not wet as much as you though, since I probably don't drink enough water. I also wore with a sleeveless onesie under my t-shirt, so I can't tell you anything about sag. It certainly didn't clump. I like it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What about using a stuffer/pad thing with some cheap brand? Or would that end up costing more...I'm too lazy to calculate it >.>

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Comboing a stuffer and a cheap diaper typically ends up costing more than just a good diaper.

Avocadoy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hum... I'm not very versed in what your bladder capacity/expelling rate is compared to mine, since ours are vastly different. But, the only diaper I could really recommend from an unbiased stand point would be Molicare Super(not plus.) They are 30 bucks for a bag of 28, and from my experience held about a wetting and a half for me (but as I said, we have vastly different bladders.).

I wished I could give you more advice, but this is all I can give.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It won't cost you nothing if you use something washable, just the inital buy, I'm still useing the same 6 I started with earlyer this year.

Role
Other
You might want to try Secure Plus.

Your best bet is to either get samples, or buy a single pack until you find one you like.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
When I first started wearing "regularly", Attends were my diaper of choice. But, the clumping just got annoying. If I were laying in bed all day, I think Attends would be fine. They are most definitely not meant for an active person.

I have used the Super Plus for a while now. They are relatively inexpensive and hold a lot. They are fairly discrete and hold up very well to busy bodys.

I tried the Secure Plus recently and will be ordering those from now on.....I like the taping panel and they felt softer and appeared thinner than the Super Plus. I also felt like the absorbency was better.....

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I use attends breathables for daytime, never really had any clumping issues, I think the tranquility slimlines are pretty good. I use Tena Supers as well for daytime, the older ones with tapes, those aren't bad.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have to agree that the attends quality has gone way downhill. I got myself a pack of the breathables for the first time a few weeks ago and I am definately disappointed. Personally I would go for the prevail brief, it's the "breathable" type like the new attends and then just add the depend boost inserts. Only problem is that the depend boosts aren't everywhere though I have been able to find them in Wal-mart. I don't think they add much in cost but they definately do make a pretty good difference with a minimum of additional bulk under clothes.

Lorica

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You might want to give the Walgreens brand a try.

I've been currently wearing Depends Maximum Protection, Tena Supers (green cloth ones you dislike I'm imagining), and the cheap and relatively effective Certainty/Walgreens generics.

I wore one Walgreens diaper all day today at work. I ended up having to change after about 6 hours because it leaked ever so slightly onto my boxers. I didn't count how many times I wet, maybe 6-7 light ones, but for it's thin profile it holds perhaps a little less than the Depends. I can wear the Depends for eight hours, but no longer. The Tena's are pretty much put one on in the morning, work, change when I come home. They're my heavy duty diaper right now.

You can pick up a pack of 40 medium or large for around 17 bucks.

The velcro tapes are surprisingly effective for such a cheap diaper. They can take a light flooding, but I personally wouldn't release the fury of a full bladder in them and expect them to not leak. They don't clump as far as I can tell, and I have an active job, climing ladders, moving heavy objects, and the guts held together well. They're as comfortable as the Depends and have a much thinner profile. Underneath moderately tight jeans they are not noticable even at full capacity. A little thick in the crotch. You gotta put them on tight.

I have tried both the ATN's and the Slimlines from Tranquility.

The slimlines are only a slighly less in the terms of absorbency than the ATN's but aren't that much thinner. They are very comfortable. Probably one of the softest diapers I've tried personally. The tapes leave some to be desired. Just don't try to refasten too much.

You could try the Tena Ultra Adult disposables.

DME Link.

These have solid tapes they hold fast and can be repositioned hours after you first put it on. Plastic backing with cloth outer cover and a good strong tape zone. Really absorbent and moderately thin profile. They do bulk up but they don't disintegrate internally.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I tried Attend Youth for a while, but they were pretty horrible.

I don't know if it will make much of a difference between male/female, but my latest "out and about" diaper has been a Salk Care-For (which really has no thickness to it at all) with a large booster. A disposable booster will cost less then the good diaper, but my wettings are pretty small (no more then 3-4 ounces) and frequent, and a good booster (even a normal cloth baby diaper works good, just fold it in threes) will handle anything during a typical school day, really up to about 10 hours. If you're using a disposable booster with a backing, you might never even need the Care-For.

Your mileage may vary :) The Care-For's big advantage is that it's very form-fitting, so you can just place the booster where you need it, and the booster bulk is the only bulk you get.

I wouldn't recommend the Care-For for more then one wetting by itself, though.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Hey all... I know I'm usually the one providing suggestions to others... so I felt that turning the tables was fair enough.

As the vast majority of you know... I am still wearing 24/7. I am currently using two diaper brands... Attends and Dry 24/7. This works out fairly well as I have the option of either a thin diaper (Attends) or a thick diaper (Dry) to suit any occasion... depending on my activities, the accessability of changing facilities, and etc.

Attends are coming up short on both absorbancy and comfort. When dry they are very nice... thin and light, I almost forget I have one on. However when wet they tend to sag and the padding clumps up... which isn't very comfortable at all. Also they don't hold quite enough for my likings. I don't mind changing at work or out in public... but these Attends only hold 3 of my wettings before they need changing. So I end up changing several times during the course of a day. By comparison the Drys will hold something like 8. A diaper with a capacity of 4-6 wettings would be ideal.

Price is also an issue here. I don't mind paying a little bit for a quality product... but as I can get Drys for about $1 per diaper I feel that my "thinner" diaper should cost somewhat less. Attends are about $0.80 each... just for comparison.

I'm really leaning towards the Abri-form Super... but I don't know for sure. I don't like the new cloth-covered Tenas... and Tranquilitys are the same price as the Drys. Molicares and Secure X-plus are just too expensive IMHO.

Do any of y'all have a reccomendation for me? Do you have any experience with the Abri Super?

Assistance is appreciated!
Just get the ATN's, they are great for the price...

Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, I just bought 44, attends, and i know what you mean. They clump to damn much for my liking, and they are alot thinner than what id hoped. It was a rough transition from Molicare Super Plus'! Oh well.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
i recently got a pack of breathables, that bag of 22 lasted about 2 days, really awful diaper, not to mention soaking the seat of another persons car, i thought they were just WRONG

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
While trying to find the right combination for myself I have found that the Abena Supers were good for daytime as well as the ATN Slimlines. Because of not having a good place to change while at work, I am going to try using the Dry 24/7 for day and night. I tested this the other day and it worked out pretty good. The part I have to work on now, is what to wear between the time I get off work and go to bed.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
yeah, thats for sure, i cant stand wearing a diaper that i've been wearing all day at work, even when it isnt filled up, need to find something lighter for the evenings

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I ordered a sample pack of the Abri air-plus (breathable) for LuvsGurl... they came in yesterday and are actually pretty nice... They sent two Supers and two X-Plus. I didn't realise that the Supers were that thick!

They did pretty well for her overnight (no leaks)... and they have a ton of padding in the rear... but are kinda short on it up front. I may order some for myself and see how they work out. I also got her a sample of the Attends extended wear... she wore one to work today... I'll ask her to post and review them tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.