I commonly see MTF AB/DLs, but how about FTMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkBoiSeth

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone. This is a subject that I've pondered over for a while now. In all the different AB/DL forums I've visited, I see a myriad of males who enjoy playing as females during a state of regression. Something I haven't seen much of are folks like me; females that enjoy regression as a male.

Perhaps I should give some background as to how I identify in general. Genetically speaking, I'm definitely an Xx, but I've always been pretty masculine, had masculine interests, etc. I'm attracted to women. I don't want to be a man, but I don't identify as a woman either. I choose to identify as a "boi".

As an AB/DL, I cringe when someone tries to refer to me as a baby girl; that's not who I am. When I regress, it's as a boy, one hundred percent! I've only met one other FTM AB/DL, so I wondered if there are any others out there. Back when Aby.com was up and going, there were times when I felt like a social unicorn among other males because they couldn't wrap their minds around someone being FTM. I don't think there's anything odd about it, but heck, we're all a little odd in our own ways, right? I just think it's funny when one can embrace the unique, diverse spectrum of our group, but they can't understand a FTM little guy. Oh well. I managed to still befriend some cool folks back then who respected my gender identity.

Any thoughts on MTF and FTM AB/DLs?

(By the way, just in case anyone is unsure of those terms, MTF = male to female, as FTM = female to male :) )

ShiningFire

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
My girlfriend is kinda similar. She doesn't 'regress' to being a boy, but she enjoys more boyish things? She loves blue as opposed to pink and is more 'masculine' toys.

I can totally see the aspect of doing the 'FTM' thing. I do regular male stuff, and MTF as well, depending on my mood.

N

NekoKane

That's pretty much me, too ^^". I'd rather be a guy, so it makes sense for me to regress to being a baby boy ^^. Though I'm still a TB, so I might not stay like this (hormones 0.0") LOL But for right now, yeah. I enjoy doing boy-ish things, tend to associate better with guys than girls, and I HATE wearing dresses, skirts, or anything that looks girly. I also love to cosplay, since most of the characters I cosplay as are guys ^^.

Martial

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hn, now there's an interesting thought.
I've noticed the same of course, just never really thought much of it.
I generally stick to my own gender despite being Autoandrophile.

Personally speaking when it comes to FTM things, anything really, there's always so much less of it to go around.
I mean I have a heck of a time finding FTM genderbending, for example.

Anyway, I tend to be more feminine but I tend to to boyish things while retaining that. Eh, what can I say?

That all being said, I don't find anything wrong with it.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I've seen a few before on other sites, nowhere near the number of MTF though.

MisterD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's rare enough just finding female ABDLs, let alone those who regress as a male.

I think the reason you see a lot more "regressing as a female" is because babies are associated with cuteness. Generally, girls are associated with cuteness. Therefore under this human logic, if babies = cuteness, and girls = cuteness, then babies = girls. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it seems to be a common one.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Eh, it probably has something to do with the psychology of age regression itself and broader psychological considerations. This is partially determined through how gender-roles are constructed in the world.

Do remember and note that in a large amount of cases of MTF regression, part of the appeal is the submission - little girls are largely socially attuned to be more submissive, more demure and more 'cuddly'. The preponderance of cases in the community of individuals who see the act of regression as a form of submission probably corresponds highly with individuals who wish to become 'sissies'.

Many stories, profiles and comment descriptions lead me to this broader conclusion: many stories of 'baby girls' focus on their inability to be men, of holding the virtues of masculinity.

Given that explanation, the existence of FTM regression at a large scale probably would lead two related activities into some conflict: the regression or 'submission' of babyhood with the empowerment of 'boyhood'.

Those are some thoughts, mixing in psych with queer theory.

ThatOneGuy95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
It's rare enough just finding female ABDLs, let alone those who regress as a male.

I think the reason you see a lot more "regressing as a female" is because babies are associated with cuteness. Generally, girls are associated with cuteness. Therefore under this human logic, if babies = cuteness, and girls = cuteness, then babies = girls. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it seems to be a common one.

This is exactly what i was thinking Before i scrolled down and saw it. :D Weird world.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
as other have said that finding female ab/dl's is hard enough even thought their out there but finding one that regresses as a male is even rarer but I'm sure their out there as well but it might take more searching to find.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I've only noticed a few FTM's and I think it's a great thing among the community (as well as the MTF's). Keep on doing what you're doing! :thumbsup:

PunkBoiSeth

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Very cool theories on here! I was more than glad to see the continuing discussion of the topic. It's great to find folks who are understanding and not afraid to embrace those who are different. ^_^

I definitely agree with a good deal of the theories in this thread. I do feel that I enjoy the regression as a baby, but the empowerment of boyhood (great theory, Izzy! :D ).

AnalogRTO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Whether FTM or MTF or straight or queer, or whatever, I honestly feel that to me, the person's gender identity does not matter. The best friend that my wife and I have is a MTF transgender lady who is also a lesbian. Do we really care? No, she is one of the nicest people we have ever met and love her with all our hearts. Hell, our son has come out as being bisexual to us and our response has been, "OK, did you have something else you wanted to say?" Gender and sexual identity is who everybody is inside, it doesn't change who they are personality-wise.

I will echo the sentiment of, "I'm glad that you're here and adding to the discussion! Nice to meet you, keep it up!"

CharliePup

Mommy's puppy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I am female both mentally and physically; I *also* often regress as male. Usually that's when I'm at my bounciest, most playful and 'tuff'. I think it's really fun; I get hugs and kisses from Mama still, but I also get treated like 'Mama's little man' rather than a weak little babyGIRL. I'm not 'princess' or 'angel', I'm 'tiger', or 'champ'. Li'l sis is supposed to hold *my* hand when we cross the road, and I'm the one who gets given all the 'little' responsibilities kids demand. Suddenly, I can enjoy being a builder or mechanic without accusations of being a lesbian or 'dyke' or any of that stuff.

I find, weirdly, being in a male persona makes me feel more able to get in touch with my feminine side; I'm free to act masculine without those nasty labels, cos I'm 'supposed' to be that way. I think when I'm being a girl, I worry I won't be a feminine-enough girl to act pretty and little and cute. But if I'm playing as a male, ANYTHING I do in terms of acting like a female makes me feminine. If people call me a 'sissy' or a 'babygirl', that's okay. Those are cute words! But nobody can call me a 'dyke' or anything derogatory in that way cos I'm already a male; those words apply to a female.

Anyway, that's just me. I have 3 distinct personalities when being little; and the 'main' one is the brash, 'tuff' little boy (the others are my little girl self and my sissy self).

I might suggest if you wanna find other people who play as boys during ageplay (who're physically female) you turn towards the more general ageplay community. As lots of people have said, babies are associated with weak and 'soft'ness, and so are girls. So it makes sense that lots more people would play as female as babies. But think of a kid over the age of 6 or so, and even though the vulnerability is still there, there's also a lot of rambunctiousness. It's less about being weak and needing to be taken care of, and more about freedom to be young and play games. I'd think you'd find more people interested in being little boys there.

Kristopher

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Despite being born into a body with female reproductive parts, I am very much just a guy. It's odd; I will disclose to those who ask what I was born as, but I try to just remain "some guy" instead of identifying as FtM.

Amusingly, though, if I had any type of AB persona, it would probably be female! A man with a little girl inside, though... getting down to brass tacks, I'm just a DL, I guess.

sudoku3000

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi me when diapers i like to wear nightys and pretende to be a baby gir (but in fact im a biological boy)

BunnyAiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
I am a FTM TB/Babyfur. When I roleplay online I almost always use a male character, and even when I do play a female I usually am still more boyish. This mostly goes with the fact that even when I was a kid, I never felt like a girl psychologically. I didn't like being referred to as a girl and I always wished I could be a boy. I preferred being around boys rather than girls, and felt odd talking about girly things such as make-up.

To be honest, I always felt like the only FTM *B, and have only met one other online. ^.^; I've often pondered why MTF is more common. I think it has to do with the cuteness factor. Young boys are stereotypically hyperactive, noisy, and dirty, while young girls are stereotypically cutesy and quiet. Thus a *B may lean more to MTF to be viewed as cuter.

PunkBoiSeth

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I felt the same way growing up. Heck, I still do. :) I never liked identifying as a girl and I always felt awkward when talking about girly things. Needless to say, puberty was traumatic for me. Hahaha! As far back as I can remember, I've always been on the boyish side and it was just more comfortable for me.

BunnyAiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
Wow, we have similar experiences! I started puberty really early, so you can only imagine how that made me feel even more awkward. I've gotten use to it now, and I suppose the Internet has helped a bit since I can act whatever gender I want to, and no one can stop me. I just sometimes wish I had a friend in real life who knew and could support me, but I know it could be worse, so I just shrug it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.