Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
3 threads (so far) when I click into them, I only see the previous posts that were there the last time I read it. On the HypnoToad Avatar thread the most current post I can see is Mesmerale's. I posted in that thread to see what would happen, and on the New Posts screen I can see that I have posted in the thread, but when I click into the thread I can't see my post ( or any other after Mes')

Ideas??

Edit: Now I can't see Mandy's post in this thread, but I can see that she posted on the New posts screen. >=(

Last edited:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Refresh button is my friend! thanks for the tip =)

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Ok it says 5 replies to this thread and all I can read it lil snap's (initial) post

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
The same thing just occurred with me and also for a short while I was denied access to the mature topics forum. Guess ADISC thought I was too young?:laugh:

~Pramrider

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Oh I can read up to Mandy's (first reply I presume) now!!!

S

soren456

Happened to me, too. At about 12:45pm EDT, May 14.

Happened to me earlier and just now. 1:00pm EDT, May 14.

(If this becomes a double post--not my fault.)

[It IS a double post...and if you had eyes and had seen the "EDIT"-button, you could have avoided it and saved me the time of merging the posts manually :wallbash: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Error404

I logged out then cleared my browser cache and so far, no further problems, you kiddos might wanna try that. I think the website is randomly having brain farts attempting to authenticate your session.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I logged out then cleared my browser cache and so far, no further problems, you kiddos might wanna try that. I think the website is randomly having brain farts attempting to authenticate your session.

I just did what you suggested, and it worked for about 2 minutes. I then entered another thread and had to hit f5 to be able to see the most current post. =(

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Technical talk below, so only read if youre interested: :eek:riginal:

Here's whats wrong; this is a buffer-related issue. To save bandwidth and delays, browsers and ISP's store copies of pages you have visited. The next time you visit the page, the browser checks a certain "flag" (like on a mailbox) to see if the page has been changed yet. If it hasnt, the old copy is sent to your browser instead of getting a new (identical) copy from the server. That way communication is limited to your ISP, or even to just your computer. The server is only contacted to check the "flag" of a newer copy of the page.
In this case, the "flags" are broken and the server will always say that you have the newest copy, so that your browser will only get the page from the buffers inbetween, which are pages you have already visited. In most browsers, however, the Reload or Refresh function (usually F5) forces the retrieval of the latest copy, and serves as a workaround for this issue.
Emptying the cache is only a temporary solution. All your local copies of the pages are deleted, forcing your browser to retrieve new ones; but since the problem is server side, these copies are never updated, as the server says they are the newest.

Last edited:
A

aj1983

Technical talk below, so only read if youre interested: :eek:riginal:

Here's whats wrong; this is a buffer-related issue. To save bandwidth and delays, browsers and ISP's store copies of pages you have visited. The next time you visit the page, the browser checks a certain "flag" (like on a mailbox) to see if the page has been changed yet. If it hasnt, the old copy is sent to your browser instead of getting a new (identical) copy from the server. That way communication is limited to your ISP, or even to just your computer. The server is only contacted to check the "flag" of a newer copy of the page.
In this case, the "flags" are broken and the server will always say that you have the newest copy, so that your browser will only get the page from the buffers inbetween, which are pages you have already visited. In most browsers, however, the Reload or Refresh function (usually F5) forces the retrieval of the latest copy, and serves as a workaround for this issue.

What he said :D

Also if you are really getting tired of having having to use F5 all the time... Just clear your Internet browser's cache in the settings and also turn it off. It will no longer cache(save) the pages you visit and so will always load them new. (worked for me on this site just now, i dont need to refresh all the time anymore, at least i think its working still, maybe it wont). :thumbsup:

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
What he said :D

Also if you are really getting tired of having having to use F5 all the time... Just clear your Internet browser's cache in the settings and also turn it off. It will no longer cache(save) the pages you visit and so will always load them new. (worked for me on this site just now, i dont need to refresh all the time anymore, at least i think its working still, maybe it wont). :thumbsup:

Good call. Disabling the cache instead of just emptying it should fix the issue on the client-side. Your favorite pages might take more time to load, because the browser will always fetch the latest page, even if its identical. Then the browser will ignore the server side flags. Tho i would only recommend it as a temporary fix, as a browser cache is quite helpful. It should be alright until an admin can look at the flag settings on this webserver.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Everything seems fine for me, and I have haven't done anything special...
(*Touches wood*)

Weird.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Same: most recently updated Greetings thread is Rabmole's; most recent post to it listed on homepage = "Hello There" by Shu, 5 minutes ago, and the link takes me to Rabmole's post, 3 hours ago.

Similar oddness with clicking on notifications (You have 3 new PM's) and when I go there it doesn't show the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.