Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Here are my options:

Option 1:
Abri-Form Original X-Plus
Package of 12 $19.95
Cost per diaper: ~$1.67
Pros: most widely used and recommended on these forums (as far as I can tell), $20
Cons: only 12

Option 2:
Bambino Bianco
Package of 16 $28.48
Cost per diaper: ~$1.78
Pros: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/12163-abena-x-plus-vs-bambino-bianco-quantitative-test.html
Cons: highest cost per diaper

Option 3:
Dry 24/7
Package of 18 $29.95
Cost per diaper: ~$1.66
Pros: 18, best overall value
Cons: purple, $30

help? :sweatdrop:

Crinkly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't tried the Dry 24/7, but from the pictures and descriptions I've seen, it doesn't appear very babyish, and that's a no-sale for me.

I tried the Abri-Form a while back, and found it be pretty good and very absorbent. But the tapes kind of sucked, and it wasn't all white, so it had more of an industrial look to it.

Thus, I prefer the Bambino or Bianco. I've read they were changed recently to have a softer lining and that they're not as compressed in the packaging, so that's a good thing.

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This may not be the best solution for you, I dont know your situation, but what about trying all three and deciding which fits you the best?? I believe that you can even order sample packs of each, although that will REALLY increase the cost per diaper.

J

Jeffy

hmm tough decision. Whatever you do do NOT get sample packages that's just going to cost more and you get less padding >.> I always go for how babyish they look, price is just another variable that doesn't seem to really matter in the end. Just budget wisely, and contemplate which one you'll be happier with.

(personally i'd go with classico bambinos and the mega stuffers n.n but that's just me)

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Abriform X-plus.
Not the best, but you will like them. They are very thick and feel like a big baby diaper, if it's what you want.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I did it once, with the Abriform boosters. More like a traversable insert, full lenght. The diaper become extremely thick and putting a pair of pant over it is impossible, unless you dress like a yo with a 5 sizes too big pair of pants.

Suffice to say, I had to stay home. Surpisingly, the diaper was not more absorbant, it leaked a lot.

J

Jeffy

I did it once, with the Abriform boosters. More like a traversable insert, full lenght. The diaper become extremely thick and putting a pair of pant over it is impossible, unless you dress like a yo with a 5 sizes too big pair of pants.

Suffice to say, I had to stay home. Surpisingly, the diaper was not more absorbant, it leaked a lot.

Why leave the house anyways? :/
<threadjack> i mean more power to those who like to go to the movies or sports events padded and not having to go to the bathroom rocks, but i've heard of people like going to the mall or the bank and just lettin it loose there and that's just plain rude, imposing your odor on someone else XD Don't get me wrong, i went to the rave at A-Kon last weekend and crinkled there, and needless to say, hot... sweaty... drank LOTS of water which meant LOTS of wetness >.> thank lionchrist for bambinos being so awesomely absorbent... but i've been to cons where there were groups of people and the odor was... disgusting. </threadjack>

well X3 i love testing the limits, it's always exciting. The names Jeffy by the way *sticks out paw shyly*

DoubleZ

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy

A few stuffers will make a diaper more absorbent, but more often than not what'll happen is the extra bulk will push the diaper out so the leg-guards from the actual diaper don't stay in contact with your legs, letting liquid out.
Back when I had just started wearing diapers and did a lot of overstuffing, my diapers would start leaking but they wouldn't even be wet all the way through. It took me a while to figure out what was happening.

As for the topic at hand, I suggest Dry 24/7. I just got some myself, and I don't think I've wet one to its limit yet. Not for lack of trying, last night mine was so heavy it was almost falling off before I changed for bed. The wetness indicator was still there though, and it still seemed to absorb fine.
And the purple is so pretty!!

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Jeeze why do people always thing Abena when talking ultimate ready made diaper? Personally I hated them, felt like I was taping a padded cardboard box on my ass. ATN's I did like even if a bit thinner than I'm used to but really the disposable diaper that won me over was the Molicare Super Plus. If I was going to go back to disposables I'd prolly choose the Tranquility ATN since I don't want to be wearing the same diaper all day long and wouldn't need anything as thick as a Molicare. Then again I'm big on fit too. Bulk doesn't do much if it doesn't fit properly which is why the Molicare wins over the ATN in my case.

Find something YOU like and the hell with everyone else. Just don't be afraid to spend some money and try something. That is the ONLY reason I've gotten a sample pack in the past. But really one bag at a time is a good way to go about it.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Jeeze why do people always thing Abena when talking ultimate ready made diaper? Personally I hated them, felt like I was taping a padded cardboard box on my ass. ATN's I did like even if a bit thinner than I'm used to but really the disposable diaper that won me over was the Molicare Super Plus. If I was going to go back to disposables I'd prolly choose the Tranquility ATN since I don't want to be wearing the same diaper all day long and wouldn't need anything as thick as a Molicare. Then again I'm big on fit too. Bulk doesn't do much if it doesn't fit properly which is why the Molicare wins over the ATN in my case.

Find something YOU like and the hell with everyone else. Just don't be afraid to spend some money and try something. That is the ONLY reason I've gotten a sample pack in the past. But really one bag at a time is a good way to go about it.
good point. a sample pack won't truly tell you much you can't test all the variables unless you are a person who looks at one thing. i really can say right now that walgreens cerenity suck and the first two three would not have told me this. i have 3 left i think and i had 20 and i just barley got all the tests. the first two seemed great but no.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
There is a certain stiffness to the Abenas, for sure. The best way to avoid this is to roll the diaper between your hands and fluff out the absorbent material. You'll like them a lot more if you do that.

I think, for my money, the Bambinos are the better choice. Very babyish and cute...and just about as absorbent as the Abenas. I think they fit better and feel better against the skin, too. Abenas seem to be made from a harder plastic.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One more option you might consider is Secure X-Plus. They are made by the same company as Bambino and are very close, but they cost a little less.

Kaiashi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Here are my options:

Option 1:
Abri-Form Original X-Plus
Package of 12 $19.95
Cost per diaper: ~$1.67
Pros: most widely used and recommended on these forums (as far as I can tell), $20
Cons: only 12

Option 2:
Bambino Bianco
Package of 16 $28.48
Cost per diaper: ~$1.78
Pros: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/12163-abena-x-plus-vs-bambino-bianco-quantitative-test.html
Cons: highest cost per diaper

Option 3:
Dry 24/7
Package of 18 $29.95
Cost per diaper: ~$1.66
Pros: 18, best overall value
Cons: purple, $30

help? :sweatdrop:

Heyas! I've used all 3 and the best recommendation I can make is the Bambino's. They may be the most expensive, but they're the best overall in my professional padded opinion. :D Abena's are nice for thickness and stuff, but their tapes are AWFUL, and they smell kinda funny when wet. (they're also good if you like to feel like you've strapped a futon mattress between your legs. :giggles:) The Dry 24/7's are the worst. Not only do THEIR tapes suck hardcore, but they absolutely REEK when wet even the slightest bit! I mean, you'd swear you'd dumped used liquid sulfur from a paper mill down there. :yucky: Did I mention they sag? Oh yeah. They sure do. Like an old woman's knockers. :puke:

Well anyway, hope this helped! If ya have any questions on others, feel free to drop me a line! Good luck! ^_^

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the help everyones,

I decided to go with the bambinos

these two were the deciding factors for me

I think, for my money, the Bambinos are the better choice. Very babyish and cute...and just about as absorbent as the Abenas. I think they fit better and feel better against the skin, too. Abenas seem to be made from a harder plastic.

:D Abena's are nice for thickness and stuff, but their tapes are AWFUL, and they smell kinda funny when wet. (they're also good if you like to feel like you've strapped a futon mattress between your legs. :giggles:) The Dry 24/7's are the worst. Not only do THEIR tapes suck hardcore, but they absolutely REEK when wet even the slightest bit! I mean, you'd swear you'd dumped used liquid sulfur from a paper mill down there. :yucky: Did I mention they sag? Oh yeah. They sure do. Like an old woman's knockers.

balancedchaos and kaishen, the prize you get to take home today is...

*drumroll*

high_five.jpg

AN INTARNET HIGH FIVE!!!

everyone else you get a complimentary
tbs.gif

*whisper*banana sticker*whisper*...and a copy of our fabulous home game

Kaiashi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Thanks for the help everyones,

I decided to go with the bambinos

these two were the deciding factors for me

balancedchaos and kaishen, the prize you get to take home today is...

*drumroll*

AN INTARNET HIGH FIVE!!!

everyone else you get a complimentary

*whisper*banana sticker*whisper*...and a copy of our fabulous home game

:giggles: You're welcome. xD

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would recommend dry 24/7 the least if your trying to choose X-plus or Bambino's. Dry 24/7 has the worst sizing charts I ever seen so it really is best to order sample packs from them.

----------------
Now playing: Snow Patrol - Run
via FoxyTunes

YoungNastyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Seriously, thanks for all the help everyone

:bf-thankyou:

I looooove my new bambinos :paci:

Status