I “Came Out” to My Girlfriend

PaciPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This all actually happened a few months ago. I haven’t been on this website in forever as I had been trying to stifle all of this out of my life. This has and likely always will be my deepest secret.

I’m a pretty typical “manly man”. I’m an airline pilot. I ride motorcycles. I was even a professional rancher on a show horse ranch for a while. I don’t know if you can get much more masculinity and bravado than I put out there. The whole ABDL thing is the absolute last thing that anyone who knows me would suspect.

My girlfriend is very traditional. She has always wanted to be a housewife, and she has very traditional goals and values. She hasn’t worked in a while, so minus the fact that we don’t have kids yet, we definitely have a very traditional relationship. We’re about as vanilla as it gets on the surface.

But finally something happened. I had been dating my girlfriend for about a year when I realized that I was going to be sent out of state for 2 weeks for training, and that I would be driving instead of flying.

I gave in. I bought some diapers and a pacifier online, had them shipped to an Amazon pickup location on my way to the hotel, and was living a glorious life either at the job I love, or comfortably diapered and snuggled up in my hotel room.

But then there was an unexpected break halfway through the training, and I drove home after about a week. I was having some drinks and it was clear that something was wrong and that I was stressed out about something. My girlfriend pressed me if I was having issues with the training at work, which I wasn’t. She kept pushing for an answer when I finally, drunkenly, said, “There are some things I just can’t tell you because you’ll think I’m insane.”

After some more arguing, I finally broke down (after some more vodka) and said, “Fine. I’ll show you exactly what I’m talking about, but if it freaks you out, you have to promise that we will never discuss this again and this never happened.”

I ran out to the car and grabbed the 2nd briefcase that I had been using as a diaper bag, came inside, and pulled out an ABU Cushies diaper and a pacifier with a pink teddy bear on it. I laid it on the bed and said, “This is my greatest fear and what I have been hiding from my entire life. As manly as I may come off, that gets absolutely exhausting. Sometimes… I just want to be small. I’m not a p*dophile. If anything I’m jealous of how cared for and unconditionally loved kids are, and sometimes I would just like to feel that for a bit.”

My girlfriend looked at me lovingly and said, “That’s really it? The way you were talking I thought you were going to tell me you had kids you were hiding or something!”

She wasn’t upset at all. That night, we laid down for bed, she put me in a diaper and tucked me in. She instantly accepted this as a part of our day to day life.

She’s not exactly enthusiastically into this, but I have gone to bed almost every night since in a diaper with my pacifier. The locking storage bench at the end of our bed is now my “toddler time” chest. Sometimes, if it’s gloomy or we don’t have much going on at home, I’ll sit around the house in a diaper all day long.

She even helped me pick out the diapers that she thought were the cutest. I have 2 pacifiers, the nice Rearz ABDL bottle with the big high flow teat, and a whole chest full of AlphaGatorz and Little Kings!

I’m living a life that I could only dream of not so long ago.

I hope this helps other people come out and come to grips with how ABDL impacts their day to day life. Maybe the people we hide this from so much won’t think negatively of it like we assume they will.

Also, I’ve been carrying all this stuff with me to work and no matter how many times it goes through the TSA X-Ray, not once have I been given a funny look. I guess they see so much weird stuff that a pilot’s suitcase packed full of giant diapers and ABDL gear just doesn’t phase them anymore LOL

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: plainwhitediaper, Diprs2, farmerdarren and 41 others
Congratulations, seriously. I've been there, done that, and can finally live openly (in the privacy of my home with my wife). It is just so damn liberating to have a spouse that loves you so much they'd gladly embrace something so socially deviant and let you be yourself.

I sleep like a diapered ferret cuddling my wife as we drift off to sleep; best feeling in the world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, ItsTimmyTime and 9 others
PaciPilot said:
This all actually happened a few months ago. I haven’t been on this website in forever as I had been trying to stifle all of this out of my life. This has and likely always will be my deepest secret.

I’m a pretty typical “manly man”. I’m an airline pilot. I ride motorcycles. I was even a professional rancher on a show horse ranch for a while. I don’t know if you can get much more masculinity and bravado than I put out there. The whole ABDL thing is the absolute last thing that anyone who knows me would suspect.

My girlfriend is very traditional. She has always wanted to be a housewife, and she has very traditional goals and values. She hasn’t worked in a while, so minus the fact that we don’t have kids yet, we definitely have a very traditional relationship. We’re about as vanilla as it gets on the surface.

But finally something happened. I had been dating my girlfriend for about a year when I realized that I was going to be sent out of state for 2 weeks for training, and that I would be driving instead of flying.

I gave in. I bought some diapers and a pacifier online, had them shipped to an Amazon pickup location on my way to the hotel, and was living a glorious life either at the job I love, or comfortably diapered and snuggled up in my hotel room.

But then there was an unexpected break halfway through the training, and I drove home after about a week. I was having some drinks and it was clear that something was wrong and that I was stressed out about something. My girlfriend pressed me if I was having issues with the training at work, which I wasn’t. She kept pushing for an answer when I finally, drunkenly, said, “There are some things I just can’t tell you because you’ll think I’m insane.”

After some more arguing, I finally broke down (after some more vodka) and said, “Fine. I’ll show you exactly what I’m talking about, but if it freaks you out, you have to promise that we will never discuss this again and this never happened.”

I ran out to the car and grabbed the 2nd briefcase that I had been using as a diaper bag, came inside, and pulled out an ABU Cushies diaper and a pacifier with a pink teddy bear on it. I laid it on the bed and said, “This is my greatest fear and what I have been hiding from my entire life. As manly as I may come off, that gets absolutely exhausting. Sometimes… I just want to be small. I’m not a p*dophile. If anything I’m jealous of how cared for and unconditionally loved kids are, and sometimes I would just like to feel that for a bit.”

My girlfriend looked at me lovingly and said, “That’s really it? The way you were talking I thought you were going to tell me you had kids you were hiding or something!”

She wasn’t upset at all. That night, we laid down for bed, she put me in a diaper and tucked me in. She instantly accepted this as a part of our day to day life.

She’s not exactly enthusiastically into this, but I have gone to bed almost every night since in a diaper with my pacifier. The locking storage bench at the end of our bed is now my “toddler time” chest. Sometimes, if it’s gloomy or we don’t have much going on at home, I’ll sit around the house in a diaper all day long.

She even helped me pick out the diapers that she thought were the cutest. I have 2 pacifiers, the nice Rearz ABDL bottle with the big high flow teat, and a whole chest full of AlphaGatorz and Little Kings!

I hope this helps other people come out and come to grips with how ABDL impacts their day to day life. Maybe the people we hide this from so much won’t think negatively of it like we assume they will.

Also, I’ve been carrying all this stuff with me to work and no matter how many times it goes through the TSA X-Ray, not once have I been given a funny look. I guess they see so much weird stuff that a pilot’s suitcase packed full of giant diapers and ABDL gear just doesn’t phase them anymore LOL
That’s so good, I’m really pleased for you. I’m mainly into nappies, I’ve hidden my love for nappies, from the world for as long as I can think back, about 8 months ago, same as you after a few glasses of alcohol, I told my wife of 30 years, about my love for nappies, it took a week for her to take it in, but she’s been absolutely fine since, she wants nothing to do with it, but just let’s me get on with it, I was dreading telling her and never thought I’d be able to, but I’m so glad I have. Good luck.

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Cottontail and 6 others
That is awesome. Congrats on a successful coming out.

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 3 others
warmfeeling said:
That’s so good, I’m really pleased for you. I’m mainly into nappies, I’ve hidden my love for nappies, from the world for as long as I can think back, about 8 months ago, same as you after a few glasses of alcohol, I told my wife of 30 years, about my love for nappies, it took a week for her to take it in, but she’s been absolutely fine since, she wants nothing to do with it, but just let’s me get on with it, I was dreading telling her and never thought I’d be able to, but I’m so glad I have. Good luck.
Honestly, I’ve never heard of a “coming out” going badly if it’s to someone who ACTUALLY loves and respects you. Sometimes it makes me wonder if we’re all just living in fear of the unknown.

I had one friend find out by accident, and she didn’t make a big deal about it.

Better diapers than drugs or something, I guess LOL

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 9 others
That's the perfect approach! I have some epxerience in this field too.
Be honest and Direct! So Happy for you!

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 2 others
PaciPilot said:
Honestly, I’ve never heard of a “coming out” going badly if it’s to someone who ACTUALLY loves and respects you. Sometimes it makes me wonder if we’re all just living in fear of the unknown.

Oh no, it’s gone very poorly for some people on here. One recent example was that a lady’s husband fled the house for a week, reluctantly returned, and then promply divorced her. They don’t all go that badly but there’s a lot of bad experiences out there.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 4 others
PaciPilot said:

You’re true, but it is a very hard kink to come clean about, I’m so pleased I have and so pleased it went well for you. And no harm being done it all, just a thicker pair of pants 🤣🤣. Take care

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 2 others
LePew said:
Oh no, it’s gone very poorly for some people on here. One recent example was that a lady’s husband fled the house for a week, reluctantly returned, and then promply divorced her. They don’t all go white that badly but there’s a lot of bad experiences out there.
That’s not good

Reactions: Edgewater, medfet878 and LePew
In my case It went pretty well giving the circunstances, I might share it here someday

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Lyric and 3 others
PaciPilot said:

I wonder if we are co-workers……

My wife made a similar comment comparing the ABDL lifestyle to drugs. She repeatedly tells me that diapers are no big deal and she’s glad they are my addiction instead of drugs or alcohol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Lyric and 6 others
LePew said:
Oh no, it’s gone very poorly for some people on here. One recent example was that a lady’s husband fled the house for a week, reluctantly returned, and then promply divorced her. They don’t all go that badly but there’s a lot of bad experiences out there.
Ooh, I'm so sorry to hear. That's terrible! Is she a member here?

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and medfet878
I was caught wearing at nicht boy my partner, but she accepted it luckely.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Scott729 said:
I wonder if we are co-workers……

My wife made a similar comment comparing the ABDL lifestyle to drugs. She repeatedly tells me that diapers are no big deal and she’s glad they are my addiction instead of drugs or alcohol.
My first approach was a fail because I hadn’t done my work on myself. I presented as a shameful thing and it cratered.
My second approach was successful because I was more level headed in my explanation. My only hang up that was hard to let go of was how it would be viewed by her. My wife was adamant that the only damaging thing was my hang ups and not the diapers themselves. She urged me to be more confident and not be concerned about rejection. I said I would try and she knows the power of her affirmations. It’s been going well. I just have to listen to her …as usual😂

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, ItsTimmyTime and 5 others
PaciPilot said:

Wow! This just made my day and I’m so happy for you. I am also 100% guy and it was hard for my wife to accept my little side on top of my incontinence issues.

Reactions: Diprs2, ItsTimmyTime, Edgewater and 3 others
The moral of the story: the dread from the build up is always far worse than the actual reveal.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, ItsTimmyTime and 5 others
It was the same for me, the fear of coming out a about my DL side was far worse than the coming out itself. Good luck.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, ItsTimmyTime and 4 others
I’m not quite a “manly man“ — my wife loves my feminine characteristics, and I myself don’t enjoy most “manly” sports. The last place I would want to be is in a bar with a bunch of drunk Neanderthals. Where would I like to be? In the left hand seat in the cockpit of, say, a Twin Beech or Constellation or DC-3! Where I might be wearing pull-ups!

For some 45 years of my marriage, when it came to sex, I stayed deep in my fetish closet pretending to be a small-p puritan, like my wife really is. Fear of being discovered, and the stress of holding so many secrets, finally led me a “confession”. When I told my wife I needed to talk with her, I think she was more fearful than me, and assumed the worst -- that I was having an affair or at least just wanted a divorce.

When I finished my confession, my wife volunteered to buy me panties and Kotex pads (I hadn’t yet been brave enough to try pull-ups or diapers). Then she said, “Is that all? I need to get to some other things.”

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, Jorelaxed and 4 others
PeterPPeevy said:
I’m not quite a “manly man“ — my wife loves my feminine characteristics, and I myself don’t enjoy most “manly” sports. The last place I would want to be is in a bar with a bunch of drunk Neanderthals. Where would I like to be? In the left hand seat in the cockpit of, say, a Twin Beech or Constellation or DC-3! Where I might be wearing pull-ups!

For some 45 years of my marriage, when it came to sex, I stayed deep in my fetish closet pretending to be a small-p puritan, like my wife really is. Fear of being discovered, and the stress of holding so many secrets, finally led me a “confession”. When I told my wife I needed to talk with her, I think she was more fearful than me, and assumed the worst -- that I was having an affair or at least just wanted a divorce.

When I finished my confession, my wife volunteered to buy me panties and Kotex pads (I hadn’t yet been brave enough to try pull-ups or diapers). Then she said, “Is that all? I need to get to some other things.”
I want a Grumman HU-16 moored off the coast of an island with hammocks strung under the wings and a changing table in the back… And a bank account big enough to feed those radials!

I used to hang out in those exact bars… More out of necessity than anything else. When times got rough at my last job, I’d gamble on pool to pay the bills! But I’d rather be in a speakeasy with some smooth jazz making nice with the regulars over cigars

It’s funny - you build this up so much that they think the world is about to end and suddenly diapers don’t sound bad at all 😂

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and medfet878
PaciPilot said:
I want a Grumman HU-16 moored off the coast of an island with hammocks strung under the wings and a changing table in the back… And a bank account big enough to feed those radials!
May I sit in the right seat? I’m not a pilot, but I’m enthusiastic! And I know that the twirly things in front are sometimes called screws. It’s good for an airplane like the Goose to have two screws, because if one engine fails, the other one can still carry you to the scene of the crash, in which case, well, you!re screwed!

Several years ago, in Prince George, BC, I saw a refurbished RCMP Grumman Goose. It was headed for the air museum in Ottawa. Beautiful aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back