I believe in something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMitchy

Est. Contributor
I'm crazy.

I'm insane.

This is probably true.

I believe that different, as long as it doesn't hurt children #1!!!!!!! or anyone, it should become something that humans can learn and live to accept.

I believe in being public about being ABDL.....

.....Within reason.

Am I the strange one? Nothing bothers me.... That is... until people start hurting each other.

We need to change ourselves.

We need to evolve.

We need to be more

Become more.

Love is everything.

We are all people.

We are all in this mess together.

Stop. Judging others.

[video=youtube;3Bfz6psvlks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bfz6psvlks[/video]

Become something more.

Yes. I wear Diapers. But I am so much more.

Keep on believing. Your public presence is very positive, and, I think, necessary. Thank you for you.

PS. I'm strange too.

:)To be honest we are all a bit strange, everyone has weird habits, and weird stuff, that other people find weird, and everyone has sinned too, for the bible said "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god," and to be honest I'm glad i'm a bit strange, because if you really think about it we all are.

We need more people like this. It would be great for the community if there were a couple of people out in the open who you admire and respect and "oh by the way I have this strange kink but that doesn't change who I am." Honestly I feel for the odd Jerry Springer folks, but being that freaky with anything is going to draw criticism and vitriol from those who don't know better.

Babymitchy - great attitude! Really cheered me up. Keep on shining.

Some people believe in the hippy philosophy, some don't. Maybe this is one of the things that needs to be accepted. Let others follow their own philosophy just as you want to follow your own.

"Stop. Judging others" and "We need to change ourselves" sounds contradictory to me. Who is judging us to be in need of change?

Sorry for the amateur philosophizing.

I have mixed feelings about ABDL acceptance videos for practical, aka: selfish, reasons. Increased awareness might bring increased acceptance, but it could also generate a more negative reaction.

Hippy Philosophy.. ugh..

The thing is, I know why you say this. I get it..... I do.

The thing is, we have actually A HOLES out there. They need to change they're outlook.

Period.

There is no contradiction to people that are actually A HOLES and hurtful and those that simply don't approve but are willing to accept it within reason.

That is what it's about, acceptance, within reason of course. I have an answer for any doubt, and any question. I testify this as a fact, because my thinking is sound and open minded as long as people are not getting hurt.

BabyMitchy said:
The thing is, we have actually A HOLES out there. They need to change they're outlook.

Period.
Many of them don't understand why we willingly choose to behave in ways that are socially repugnant. They think we should change our outlook. To them we are the assholes because we deliberately engage in unacceptable behavior. If we want them to accept our currently unacceptable behavior I believe we need to come up with two things: a rational explanation for it, and an acceptable definition of "acceptance" as we mean it. Maybe we should replace the idea of "acceptance" with "level of tolerance".

BabyMitchy said:
I believe in being public about being ABDL.....

.....Within reason.

Am I the strange one? Nothing bothers me.... That is... until people start hurting each other.

I don't think you are strange for wanting that. I Think people should be able to feel honest about their personality and the way the associate with people. I wish a lot of the time that I could be honest with more people about who I really am. It would make a lot more of my associations more genuine. So far though, the most important ones I am honest with. I am a huge advocate of being public, but as you said, within reason. I think things like letting people know you are AB, at least the non-sexual details, and not being afraid of people seeing things like your stuffed animals, pacifier, bottles, and cute pajamas, are all acceptable. Showing off a diaper is more delicate, but in most cases, I think it should be treated like underwear (although in some households, walking around in underwear is a normal). I feel like AB's should be responsible with their activities if they are being public, namely because AB's as a whole have not developed a strong public image, so whenever an AB is public, they are developing the image of what will be associated with all AB's for a long time in the future.

BabyMitchy said:
We need to change ourselves.

I do this about every 3-4 hours. :biggrin:

I think it's ok to own being an AB/DL out in public, but of course with in reason as you said.

Personally, I wouldn't mind wearing a bracelet with a pacifier on it out in public. I think there are many ways to make AB/DL into a fashion statement without looking ridiculous or over stepping the bounds in public. I don't think dressing entirely as a baby in public is over stepping any bounds per say, but it will certainly get people looking and wondering if they are on film or being pranked.

To me, purposefully showing off your diaper is just as bad as purposefully showing off your under wear.

I feel like all there needs to be is some high profile really famous person who's already liked by society to come out as an ABDL and then people might start becoming more accepting and aware... That will help us evolve!

babysittee said:
I feel like all there needs to be is some high profile really famous person who's already liked by society to come out as an ABDL and then people might start becoming more accepting and aware... That will help us evolve!

I actually disagree with this. That is like saying if a high profile person comes out transgender, people will all of a sudden accept that. As far as I can tell, the exact opposite happens. People who liked them, now don't like them.

While those who are just meh ... ignore it and move on and never think about it again.

Those who are supportive, are usually the people who have already been supportive.

The other issue I find is, when someone famous does come out or does something AB like ... even most AB/DL wouldn't accept it and would likely claim them as giving other AB/DL a bad name.

Reactions: Trevor
brabbit1987 said:
The other issue I find is, when someone famous does come out or does something AB like ... even most AB/DL wouldn't accept it and would likely claim them as giving other AB/DL a bad name.

Yeah, this is already the case with Miley Cyrus. I don't think society or AB/DL's care for her recent work.

Tyger said:
Yeah, this is already the case with Miley Cyrus. I don't think society or AB/DL's care for her recent work.

Exactly, looking at the video ... I don't see anything particularly wrong about it as an AB/DL. Yet I see so many AB/DL claiming she is somehow giving them a bad rep. How? She doesn't seem to be doing anything other AB/DL wouldn't do. The only thing I can see that is different is the fact it's public.

Don't even get me started on society. I saw people talking about how they liked Miley Cyrus and now ... they want nothing to do with her.
The reason this turns out to be the case is because most of society doesn't have a clue about this kind of stuff. So the closest things they can link it too from their perspective is pedophilia ... which obviously isn't going to be seen as anything good. Even if you try to explain it, they may still not see the difference.

The only way you will ever make being an AB/DL as something people don't freak out about is if you teach them these sort of things and the differences before they have already made up their mind about it. Which actually may require teaching at a younger age rather than an older age.

brabbit1987 said:
Exactly, looking at the video ... I don't see anything particularly wrong about it as an AB/DL. Yet I see so many AB/DL claiming she is somehow giving them a bad rep. How? She doesn't seem to be doing anything other AB/DL wouldn't do. The only thing I can see that is different is the fact it's public.

Yeah, you do have a good point, there isn't anything more than her frisky behavior that people can actually get upset about. Even then, plenty of AB/DL's are way more frisky in a diaper than she was. I don't care for the video at all, but out of the actual content of it, there was nothing to which I can say I was personally offended over. The video isn't even about being AB/DL. Personally, and hilariously, I'm mostly offended at her choice of AB attire and items, there are way cuter and funner things to have. Yeah, I think the real issue is the publicity of it. In the end, our public image needs to be carefully established, its like the phrase, "make a great first impression," her video wouldn't have mattered much if it was the 100th impression, but instead, for many, it is the first impression of AB/DL's. If AB/DL was internationally understood in ~60% of the population, then nobody would have cared about her video, and probably would have understood what she was going for. Her video wasn't about establishing an understanding of AB/DL's though, and she is using misunderstood elements of society for an artistic expression that nobody is paying attention to because they are caught up paying attention to the element she used.

brabbit1987 said:
Don't even get me started on society. I saw people talking about how they liked Miley Cyrus and now ... they want nothing to do with her.
The reason this turns out to be the case is because most of society doesn't have a clue about this kind of stuff. So the closest things they can link it too from their perspective is pedophilia ... which obviously isn't going to be seen as anything good. Even if you try to explain it, they may still not see the difference.

Yeah, it is probably the fear of pedophilia that has pushed people away, I would bet on that too.

brabbit1987 said:
The only way you will ever make being an AB/DL as something people don't freak out about is if you teach them these sort of things and the differences before they have already made up their mind about it. Which actually may require teaching at a younger age rather than an older age.

I think getting people to accept and understand, has a lot to do with doing things like BabyMitchy is doing. Help people understand that it is a facet of a persons life, for many normal people some of whom you may already know and respect. It is showing off the ordinary people, so others can relate and connect, and realize that AB/DL's aren't just some underground cult or extremist social giant letting loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back