• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

I am having some trouble understanding IRC connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

Okay so I downloaded "COLOQUOY" and I dont understand what I put in to connect to our chat server? I have never done IRC chat so its all very confusing to me. The wiki article made little sense to me.
We're in #adisc on irc.blitzed.org.
I dont understand that?
Basicly what information do I need to input to join the chat?

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Go to colloquy, to Join Chat Room, under connection put cheesecake.nj.us.blitzed.org, under chat room put #adisc. Hope I helped!

S

Secret

But what is our "Chat Server" and "Server protocall"
then a new connection window opens up and my connection is listed so I click join room and asks me for "Chat room"

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It's better to put irc.blitzed.org rather then cheesecake.nj.us.blitzed.org.

What are the things you have to fill in? and what are the options it gives.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Colloquy is a very nice IRC client. I use it myself on my Mac -- just go exploring a bit with the app and you'll find a lot of useful things. A lot of things that a traditional need-to-know client don't apply, but do at the same time. You don't need to learn all the /foo commands because they're all somewhere in the GUI.

Happy chitchattin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.