I almost assaulted a customer today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If you dont mind me asking can I see your source for this information. I am finding that a little hard to believe.
when I underwent my IQ test when ward of the state, I asked my psych clinician if I could retake it in a year or so to get better. Thats what she told me. Also that she had given quite a few and that her results backed that information.

She's of course a doctorate carrying Psychiatrist now.

So, to answer your question, I don't have the study present. But really, why would it change more than a mere point or two?

From what I know about IQ tests, The organization that produces these tests has a scale on which test to give a person, and a even bigger, more complicated scale to grade a persons test. A scale that you need a degree to really understand. And it changes by the person. They take into account a persons age, vision, motor skills, and countless other variables into consideration to not only start you off on that scale, but also how it develops. So if you were to take it when you were 8, and get lets say a 106. if you took it 20 years later, age would factor first off. The type of objectives would slightly differ. And also all those factors that attributed to your score before, would also effect this one, and dont forget that your older, so your motor skills and thinking ability has grown, so that changes the scale too.

All in all, it is designed to conform score-wise to each individual.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
There is a phrase that the customer is always right. This event disproves it.
You've clearly never been shopping in Germany then. Since we're a nation of assholes, the phrase here is "the customer is never right". So when they overcharge you at the grocery store and you complain, the store people will first tell you you're wrong and that you must have misread the price tag on the shelf. You, as a customer, have to be persistent and make them walk to the shelf yourself if you want that 10 cents back. Gotta fight for your right here!
In other words: If you encounter an asshole customer, be an asshole yourself. Treat them as they treat you - sounds fair to me.

Peachy

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
LOL, OH GOD!!! Some people!!! As I'm fond of saying, "Stupid people shouldn't breath!!!"

I also believe that criminals should not have any rights, since they broke the law, and should now become the property of the state, to be used as organ donors after it has been determined that it is safe to use them. And that if someone is caught as a gang member, it's automatic organ donor time!!!

Yes, it should be legal to shoot stupid people!!!
You know, gangs are formed to help their members survive the harshness of the ghetto.
The legendary 2pac once said "I never committed a crime I didn't have to do. I was only doing what was needed to survive..."
I don't expect you to understand that. Most don't.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You know, gangs are formed to help their members survive the harshness of the ghetto.
The legendary 2pac once said "I never committed a crime I didn't have to do. I was only doing what was needed to survive..."
Those are well placed words. Very well placed.

Kyler

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
"In this world there are allot of ***holes, all we can do is take them in stride and not let them ruin or day"

I claim that quote =P

Role
Incontinent
Well, I know that life in the ghetto is no picnic at all, and if discrimination were done away with completely, there most likely wouldn't be any ghettos. I do understand that in his situation, that was probably the only way he could survive, unfortunately. It's also how he justifies doing what he did. It's sad that kids feel the need to join a gang, because instead of going to school and learning skills to help them in later life, all they are learning is how to terrorize neighborhoods and towns, steal, and to kill whoever gets in their way or doesn't agree with them.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, I know that life in the ghetto is no picnic at all, and if discrimination were done away with completely, there most likely wouldn't be any ghettos. I do understand that in his situation, that was probably the only way he could survive, unfortunately. It's also how he justifies doing what he did. It's sad that kids feel the need to join a gang, because instead of going to school and learning skills to help them in later life, all they are learning is how to terrorize neighborhoods and towns, steal, and to kill whoever gets in their way or doesn't agree with them.
Of course you know that most of these kids learn to sling drugs and rob people in their area at around age 5, some even younger. And the impressionable mind is swept into this, thinking they can support their family, or make them proud with money or fake power. This reason, on top of everything else. You also don't seem to point out the "join or we'll rip you a new one, and your family" mentality of gang recruitment. And also those gang members with younger siblings either emulating their bigger brothers behavior, or being encouraged by their bigger more "cooler" sibling to join or do these things.

This is not a black and white issue. There are too many variables and personalities types involved to let it be that easy

::EDIT:: Discrimination will always be around. There will always be one group setting out to make another inferior. It is naive to believe otherwise.

Role
Private
All this talk about treating the mentally challenged and/or "criminals" like shit is just f*cked up. Don't confuse the mentally challenged with assholes; the to are completely different.
The mentally challenged are usually some of the kindest people you'll meet. Assholes are just ignorant.
The law doesn't always work and many innocent people get convicted and sent to jail. most of the time it's do to the shitty public defenders. One of my friends is in jail right now awaiting trial for a crime he didn't do. I know because he wasn't even in town that day.

On the topic of assholes at work; I have to deal with rich assholes who think there better then everyone else.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Might as well kill any disabled people too, and then just castrate/female-alternative everyone else with undesirable genes.
Wouldn't that be called Population Control? Yes.
I find that wrong, all people should have a right to live.

Role
Private
Might as well kill any disabled people too, and then just castrate/female-alternative everyone else with undesirable genes.
Thats just f*cked up! if you really think that then you have serious problems!
My mothers disabled; so what are you saying, bigot? she makes over 100K.
My aunt is also disabled and she is the head and founder of multi million dollar organization. people like you disgust me.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Thats just f*cked up! if you really think that then you have serious problems!
My mothers disabled; so what are you saying, bigot? she makes over 100K.
My aunt is also disabled and she is the head and founder of multi million dollar organization. people like you disgust me.
Oh dear.

I think you missed the point of my post. I really hoped that a qualifying sentence at the end would be unnecessary, but clearly it was...

My post was a criticism of this post (edited for the important parts):
I believe the world would be much better off if they gave an IQ test in order to get certain privlidges, like a drivers license, the right to procreate, (have sex and/or babies,for those who don't understand what procreate means, LOL), buy a gun, get a job serving the public, just to name a few.

I also believe that criminals should not have any rights, since they broke the law, and should now become the property of the state, to be used as organ donors after it has been determined that it is safe to use them. And that if someone is caught as a gang member, it's automatic organ donor time!!!
Yes, it should be legal to shoot stupid people!!!
I really hoped it would be obvious that what I posted wasn't a true opinion, I tried to make it as sickening as possible.
Ricky's post expresses how he believes that people with low IQs shouldn't be able to drive or even procreate (!!!), and that criminals shouldn't have rights. Ricky's position sickens me, and my hope is that my post sicken him.
Because...
My post is simply his extended. I suggest wiping out people with low IQs completely, and just killing all criminals. If Ricky doesn't find this appealing, then I invite him to ask himself why that is. Because for me, the reasons why I don't like Ricky's posts are the same as the reasons that I don't actually hold the position that I posted.

The disabled thing is a reference to Hitler (who gased disabled people), the very first thing that came to mind reading Ricky's post.

Please read the whole thread, otherwise individual posts lose context. Also, other people did make it clear that my post wasn't serious.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's so funny when people confuse something and take it seriously :3

Role
Incontinent
Please read this all the way through before you form an opinion. Thank you.
You know, there is a difference between "stupid" and "ignorant", and I don't mean that in a mean way. I think that my posts have been misunderstood by several people. And I admit that in the first post, I used too general of a term for what exactly I wanted to say. In the successive posts, I tried to clarify that. Now, for those who still don't get what I meant, the IQ test was probably the wrong test to be used for what I suggested. I admit, my understanding of the IQ test itself was based on faulty information, if what Tafshin explained is correct. Here's where the "stupid" term applies. As someone else had said, and I agreed with them in the following post, by stupid, I mean ASSHOLES. Ignorant implies that someone simply doesn't know or understand something, but they are able to learn it without a problem. But still, the term "ignorant" sounds very derogatory, and I hesitate to use it. ASSHOLE is also a derogatory name, but it describes a "stupid" person quite well. When I suggested that people should be tested in order to get a drivers license, I mean all people, myself included, and I stated so in a previous post. ( And BTW, I too am disabled.) Several of you have been quick to point out that your posts are only sarcastic, well, if you read my post carefully, you will see that some of it was meant in the same way. (Need I point it out?)
And if you read my posts, you will note that I am not trying to be mean here, and I really think there should be a way to clean up our country. The comment about criminals is one. Again, read my later posts!!!!! I clarified it because everybody was taking my initial post sooooo seriously. Here it is again. By criminal, I mean someone that has committed a serious, serious crime, IE: murder, terrorism, and things along those lines. Once this person has been convicted and all the appeals have been exhausted, and they have been sentenced to death or life in prison, then they should become an organ donor. When it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are guilty. Do you realize how much it costs to keep a high security prisoner locked up for years and years? It ain't cheap baby, and guess who's paying for it? You and me. I know a lot of people that are in need of an organ donation in order to live, or to have a better quality of life. Why should someone who has done nothing wrong, not harmed a soul, not benefit from someone that has done nothing to contribute to society at all, and has proven over and over that they are not able to be rehabilitated?
And this is for Eric, I'm not advocating that your friend be used for such a purpose. Number one, he's just gotten into the system from what I get out of what you said. He still has a long way to go before he is out of options. And I'm sure he's not up for murder, or is he? You know, DNA has come a long way in proving guilt or innocence. Carefully read what I said earlier. My initial post was very sarcastic, and I'm sorry that you didn't catch it. For example, my comment "it should be legal to shoot stupid people", and "some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate". GET REAL!!!!
I was serious about the drivers license test though. I live in a state where a lot of people retire, and they get to the point where they are nothing but a menace to society with a 3000 pound weapon. I have been involve in 2 accidents where an old person has turned in front of me without using a signal or waiting until all traffic has passed first. The first one was a 79 year old lady in a big Mercury. The second was a 50 year old guy. (Hey, I'm 49) And I've seen some kids do some really scary stuff as well. We all need tested for reflexes, and state laws and signs. If you can't pass, you don't drive, it's that simple. (Myself included) And I said as much in a previous post too. The risks are just too great. The life I may take could be yours, or the other way around, get it?
Now, I've said all I'm going to on this. If you still don't understand, I'm sorry. I haven't made any personal attacks on anyone here, or any race, or religion, sexual preference, or any handicap. And I know I've probably left out something here because I can't look at all the posts while I'm in this screen, and I don't remember everything everyone has said. I apologize to any and all I've offended, as it was not my intent to offend.
On a side note, I've received a couple of negative reps from this, and I'm sure it was from someone who didn't understand what I was trying to say. No problem. Do what you want. That's the beauty of free speech, right?

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Do you realize how much it costs to keep a high security prisoner locked up for years and years? It ain't cheap baby, and guess who's paying for it? You and me.
It costs quite a bit to put someone to death too. And it's payed for by the taxpayers too. Often times, it costs more to give someone the death sentence than it does to give them a life sentence. Now that doesn't seem possible, because you think a criminal eating three meals a day, every day, for the rest of his life costs LESS than just killing him? The legalities with putting someone to death in the United States are expensive, because that's just the way your legal system works. Fair trial and all that. Of course, you COULD emulate other countries, who simply kill prisoners by shooting them without a fair trial. That saves money, but it's also a violation of human rights. Yes, criminals have rights too.

I agree with reflex tests though, but isn't that allready sort of part of the standard driving test? Driving takes good reflexes, so if you don't have good reflexes, you naturally fail the driving test.
Old people should be subject to driving tests every two years or so to see if they are still able to drive without endangering others on the road. Because some of them ARE dangerous, whether they think so or not. My own grandmother constantly drives between two lanes because she can't see the lines painted on the roads. She almost never puts on her turn signal, and when she does, she forgets to turn it off.

Mr. Marley

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Gas in the US is horribly expensive, I understand how he feels.
Gas in the US is actually cheap compared to other countries. We have to pay 2-3 dollars per liter (it variables). Thats about 10 dollars per gallon (i think)

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
The US has the cheapest gas prices next to United Emirates. All the big oil giants are here!

Tungsten

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
ricky said:
When it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are guilty.
Buried in that long post is the one sentence that destroys your argument. Sometimes this is easy, most of the time it is not. Our justice system is very fragile, and subject to outside influence. Intimidating witnesses, unqualified witnesses, overzealous prosecution, crooked cops. It is very scary, the number of convictions that get overturned in this country.

I, personally, value human life much more than trying to save a couple of bucks in the prison system.

Not to mention, the death penalty isn't an effective deterrent, and the only other countries IN THE WORLD that use it are typically considered our "moral enemies". The ONLY countries that executed prisoners last year were (in order of number of executions)...

Amnesty International said:
CHINA, IRAN, SAUDI ARABIA, PAKISTAN, USA, IRAQ, VIET NAM, YEMEN, AFGHANISTAN, LIBYA, JAPAN, SYRIA, SUDAN, BANGLADESH, SOMALIA, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, SINGAPORE, KUWAIT, INDONESIA, BOTSWANA, BELARUS, ETHIOPIA, EGYPT, NORTH KOREA
Document - Death sentences and executions in 2007 | Amnesty International

...with the US and Japan being the only modern industrial nations on the list. (And Japan had 9 executions vs. our 42, and did not sentence another person to). Are those countries havens of freedom and lack of fear from violent crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.