I almost assaulted a customer today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Ok, here's the situation, broken down into bullets.

- I work at a gas station called PDQ
- The Super America (SA) across the street was selling gas at 3.49/gal., 2 cents below the legal state price of 3.51
- We were selling gas at 3.58/gal, and had called corporate, but we weren't allowed to go any lower.
- There is a coupon called a Husky Card, purchased through the school, that entitles a customer to 3 cents off a gallon. This coupon expired on August 31st 2008 and was replaced by a card that gave 4 cents off a gallon, which lasts until September '09.
- The customer in question had an EXPIRED CARD (remember that)

So the customer pumps around $21 worth of gas and comes in to pay for it. He hands me the husky card (which says quite clearly on the front of the card "EXPIRES 8-31-2008" aka yesterday) and I say "I'm sorry sir, this coupon is expired, i can't accept it." He gets a bit angry and says "Well it says 3 cents off at PDQ right here on the back" and shows it to me as though I've never seen a husky card before (and I see plenty).

I say, calmly, "Yes, but it says right here that it expires on the last day of august, which was yesterday, and it's against store policy to accept expired coupons. Again, I'm sorry, but I can't take it." At this point I was ready to say **** it and take it anyway to avoid an argument and just tel him this was the last time he could use it, but then he went on the offensive.

"You know I can get gas cheaper across the street, right? The only reason I come here is because of that coupon!" (The irony here is that even with the coupon he still would pay more here. Thus, he's an idiot.) And I say "Yes, I know they're much cheaper, but they're below the state legal low of $3.51. They're literally giving away two cents a gallon and if they don't raise it soon they can get a fine. We called corporate (here's where he cut me off, but had I continued I would have said) and asked if we could match but this was as low as they would let us go."

He butted in with "I don't care if it's illegal, it's my money and if I can get gas cheaper there then that's what I'll do." Now at this point there was another customer who had come in to ask for directions, and this is what really pissed me off - he tried to drag her into it.

"Hey lady," he said, very rudely, "If you're getting gas here, don't, it's cheaper across the street." Fortunately she was just looking for directions and told him that. She gave me a bit of an apologetic look and shook her head. He paid full price (I should have charged him extra for being an @$$hole) and left

Reasons he's an asshole:
1. The coupon was EXPIRED. NOBODY WILL ACCEPT EXPIRED COUPONS.
2. He would have paid more here even with the coupon
3. He tried to get other customers involved

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
dude I know this experince oh so well. See I used to work at Esso, and we always get people like that. Its one of the reasons I quit, plus the people who ran it were complete dumbass

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So, $21 @ $3.58/gal means he got about a little under 6 gallons of gas. This meaning, he'd have saved around 18¢. Holy crap. People are so stupid. What a wanker.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
....and they give people like this a license to operate a dangerous piece of machinery like a car?:dunno:

Manveru, you deserve a bonus from PDQ for keeping your cool under the circumstances, IMO. The way some customers act these days you have to be very patient or you'll end up wringing their necks. I hear it all the time from our kids.:frown:

~Pramrider

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I know you get people like that at stores, especially at gas stations because people have to deal with the frustration of higher gas prices. What funny to me is that my brother desperately wants to work cash at a gas station, because he believes that suffering that kind of abuse and the danger of robbery makes him more manly and cool. We all have our idiots to deal with I guess, lol.

weswissa

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
REPEAT!!!

Wow... WHAT A NOOB!!!

~Weswissa

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I think you should have to take an iq test to get a drivers license cause people that stupid are the reason i don't drive

S

Secret

Hahaha good story but I gotta 1+UP you.

Have you ever had to deal with a drunken venuzuelin imagrint in a hardware store insisting on getting a beer from you while speaking spanish, and you can clearly see a pocket knife in his back pocket that was worrying me? that is extreme salemanship right there!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
There is a phrase that the customer is always right. This event disproves it. You did exactly what you should of and I know that I wouldn't have managed to keep my cool in that situation. From the sound of it that sort of man wouldn't travel. I'm glad of it because if he came to the UK he would probably kill the attendants because of how much more petrol is over here.

But you are right on the asshole bit.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ehh. I've seen worse. One time one of my co-workers (Thankfully not me) had hot coffee thrown on her because it 'wasn't made right.' Honestly - in a situation like that, I'd just take the damn thing to save an argument. Some people.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
This is why I dread ever having to work a job that deals with the public...
Well done for not killing him

Ehh. I've seen worse. One time one of my co-workers (Thankfully not me) had hot coffee thrown on her because it 'wasn't made right.'
:eek: Surely that's assault? I hope she reported that!

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I've had worse and more stupid then that. I customer came though drive with two coupons offering big mac and fries for £1.99 and also on these coupons it clearly in large and bold lettering said the two stores that it was available at and ours was not one of those stores. So as he tries to hand them to me i say "I'm sorry but I am afraid I can't accept these at this store as it says which stores it can be taken at an this is not one of them" at this point most who try which is quite a lot say ok and order something else, but no this cunt gets all demanding saying that I have to accept these and that I better for my own good, So at this point I have had enough, so I just said "I am not taking it end of story and I am refusing to serve you anything else" and closed the window on him. Then the cheeky bastard goes to the next two window trying to do the same thing.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
There is a phrase that the customer is always right.
The customer is never right. In fact, it's more likely the customer is a big stupid head.

I had a customer that asked for a cup of coffee - but with no caffeine in it.
"Oh, so you want de-caff?"
"No. I want THAT coffee over there, but I want you to take the caffeine out of it. I'll know if you give me de-caff."

I gave her de-caff, and she never knew.

Role
Incontinent
The customer is never right. In fact, it's more likely the customer is a big stupid head.

I had a customer that asked for a cup of coffee - but with no caffeine in it.
"Oh, so you want de-caff?"
"No. I want THAT coffee over there, but I want you to take the caffeine out of it. I'll know if you give me de-caff."

I gave her de-caff, and she never knew.
LOL, OH GOD!!! Some people!!! As I'm fond of saying, "Stupid people shouldn't breath!!!"

I believe the world would be much better off if they gave an IQ test in order to get certain privlidges, like a drivers license, the right to procreate, (have sex and/or babies,for those who don't understand what procreate means, LOL), buy a gun, get a job serving the public, just to name a few.

I also believe that criminals should not have any rights, since they broke the law, and should now become the property of the state, to be used as organ donors after it has been determined that it is safe to use them. And that if someone is caught as a gang member, it's automatic organ donor time!!!

I commend you on not strangling the jerk Manveru. Early in my career, I used to work in an auto parts store, and so I had to deal with the public as well. And I can tell you, there are some people out there that you have to wonder how they can walk and breath at the same time. UUUGGGGG!!!!! We had a little motto there that went like this, " Prices subject to change according to customers attitude"!!!

At 49, I've done my fair share of driving, probably more so, since for 11 years I traveled almost 200 miles a day to and from work. (it was 94 miles door to door). I've logged over 1,000,000 miles in all that time, ( my entire driving life that is), and have been in 3 accidents. The first one was my fault, the rest were caused by the other drivers, but I've nearly been involved in a lot more accidents because of someone doing something stupid. The accident I was in on Friday is a perfect example of stupid people.

/rant: Sorry for going on like that, but I get upset when I think about things like that. Stupid people can really be hazardous to your health!

Yes, it should be legal to shoot stupid people!!!

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I believe the world would be much better off if they gave an IQ test in order to get certain privlidges, like a drivers license, the right to procreate, buy a gun, get a job serving the public, just to name a few.
Now, see, that's a problem, because IQs are not an accurate way to test a person's intelligence. They are often biased and only apply to one time of intelligence. Instead of an IQ test to get a driver's liscense, why not have a driving test (which already exists). Instead of your IQ determining if you can safely handle a gun or not, take a gun safety course and test (already exists... at least in my country). But would correctly answering "If all zorks are zarks, and some glarks are zorks, are all zorks glarks?" make you eligible for having a baby?

I also believe that criminals should not have any rights,
That's a rather dangerous line of thinking.
since they broke the law, and should now become the property of the state,
But what laws? Do we subject ALL criminals to this? Or just the very dangerous ones? Where do you draw the line?
to be used as organ donors after it has been determined that it is safe to use them.
I think you are forgetting the purpose of prisons. They are to keep the public safe from criminals, but also to reform them into productive members of society. Criminals are not organ donors. What happens when a person is sent to jail on false evidence?

EDIT: Lol, who neg-repped me for this post?

Last edited:
Role
Incontinent
Now, see, that's a problem, because IQs are not an accurate way to test a person's intelligence. They are often biased and only apply to one time of intelligence. Instead of an IQ test to get a driver's liscense, why not have a driving test (which already exists). Instead of your IQ determining if you can safely handle a gun or not, take a gun safety course and test (already exists... at least in my country). But would correctly answering "If all zorks are zarks, and some glarks are zorks, are all zorks glarks?" make you eligible for having a baby?

That's a rather dangerous line of thinking.

But what laws? Do we subject ALL criminals to this? Or just the very dangerous ones? Where do you draw the line?

I think you are forgetting the purpose of prisons. They are to keep the public safe from criminals, but also to reform them into productive members of society. Criminals are not organ donors. What happens when a person is sent to jail on false evidence?
Very good points on all. I know that there are tests out there already for driving, and hand guns, and those should be enforced, and made tougher. I also believe that everyone should be made to take a physical and a reflex test, at least once every 2 years to maintain their licenses. You are right about the IQ test, and I agree with you there. I was just quickly shooting off a post about something I feel very strongly about.
As for the criminal's rights, and falsely accused people, etc... I believe that the violent offenders are the ones that need to be used for this, and those gang members that show no hope of ever being a productive member of society as well. If they are going to be part of the problem, then we will make them part of the solution.

As a victim of a crime, you have been robbed of your right to live without fear of harm, physical or mental. You, as a home owner, can't defend your personal property without fear of reprisal from the criminal. As an example: Someone breaks into your house at night to steal your TV, or whatever, cuts themselves on the window glass they just broke, and they get caught by you and you call the police, they're arrested. But then they turn around and sue you for their injuries while in the act of breaking the law. Where is the justice in that? If you shoot the bastard while he's in your house, he can sue you, if he lives. No, criminals have too many rights. In my opinion, once you break the law, you give up those rights. Now I know this will cause an arguement, but let me clarify that. Criminal laws! If you just exceed the speed limit, that wouldn't be a criminal offense. It must be a criminal offense in order for this to happen. And yes, I know there will be exceptions, and different interpretations, there always are. But something needs to be done!

And I know this sounds harsh, and that it will likely never happen, but damn it! We as a society have to begin to take back control of our lives and our country. This is just a suggestion, (a good one in my opinion), but we've got to start somewhere, or there will be no "society" in the near future.

Has anyone ever read the sci-fi/fantasy books called the Star Child Trilogy? This is where I got the idea for the productive use of criminals. And as /i see it, there are far too few organ donors out there to go around, let's use these derilects that will never be a decent, productive, IE: WORKING member of society for something good. Let's give the unfortunate people that have had their lives stolen away from them by some injury or disease another chance to live a full, unincumbered life.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
LOL, that made me laugh,i know how frustrating some people can be, ive had similar experiences,

I once had to give a customer a refund, which we were quite happy to do, so i issued the refund and she left, she came back 5 minutes later (with her thick husband) complaining that i had'nt refunded her the VAT(TAX). I assured the Lady that i had (The Till does all the calculations for me), she was still not happy and her husband also started dragging in another customer who was quietly minding his own business looking at other goods. He started going "well first they sell me a faulty product" (the product was not actually faulty the babooon brought the wrong type of memory
although we had advised him not to buy it) and then starts moaning about us conning him out of money. Well anyways i had to sit down with them and give them a quick maths lesson, they were still not happy and walked out in a strop, i dont know if it was the fact that i had proven them wrong or the fact that they were just so thick

Bloody IDIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.