Hypothetical Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Let's say you were in an accident of some kind. You wake up days later in the hospital and your doctor has something to explain to you.

The trauma from the accident caused some damage in the lower part of your abdomen. Nothing life threatening, but it has caused you to lose complete control of your bladder.

The good news: There is a new surgery available that combined with exercises can fix the problem. There is a 7 in 10 chance you will be completely cured. There is a 1 in 10 chance that you will be able to retain urine while awake, but will still experience wetting problems when you sleep. This has occured mainly in patients with a history of bedwetting. There is also a 2 in 10 chance that you will experience symptoms of "stress IC" (sneezing, laughing, coughing, jumping, etc. causing you to leak).

The bad news: This surgery has one potentially risky side effect. There is a 3 in 10 chance that you will lose your ability to have children.

What would you do?

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I'd get the surgery. It's not all that hard of a dilemma. XD

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
ill jiz into a cup, then ask how much the procedure is, no sense wasting $20,000 if im gonna be wearing diapers WITH control.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'd also "jiz into a cup", and take the cure.
Then if I became infertile and wanted children I'd have the options of adoption or IVF.

It wouldn't be hard decision at all.

Edit: Wooo 200th post! :p

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would not have any surgery done to me ever. No matter how life threating it is.

It's a big no no from me.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'd take it without a second thought. Children I haven't thought about yet but I think it'd much rather be cured of IC then have children.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I'm in Canada.

Canada has universal health care.

The surgery would be free.

Yes.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Wow this is so controversial. I, personally, wouldn't have the surgery because of the risk of not having children. Although, I could freeze a decent amount of my eggs because I have a friend of mine who has two children and she said that she isn't getting "fixed" yet just in case I need a surrogate mother to carry my child until birth. God I'm lucky! But even then I would be so hesitant.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Ah... I was curious if this question would mean more to the gals than the guys.

ScubaSteve

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I would take the surgery cause I love to wear diapers when I want to. Having to wear them 24/7 would be terrible. Even if I did lose the ability to reproduce, im gay and not planning on having kids. If for some odd reason I want a child then hopefully my partner's little guys won't be swimming in circles or theres adoption.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Fertility is not a big deal to me since I'm not planning to have children at all, but I'm scared as hell of someone ripping my body open and doing stuff inside. I'm also very scared of the pain that could come after a surgical operation, and having seen in person a good number of surgeries I think I know what I'm talking about...

Add to this the fact that I'm a DL, and I bet any DL (me included) has experienced at least once in his life the desire to become IC and having a legitimate reason for wearing diapers all the time - for how inconvenient and stupid this may be and probably changing his mind after a rational analysis of his desires.

The first reaction to this hypothetical situation would thus probably be something like: "you've been longing for it, now you have it"... (in Italy we say "You wanted the bicycle.... now pedal!") and saying NO to the treatment.

The question is: would I have to undergo the surigal treatment immediately, or would there also be the possibility to take it in a second time?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Let's say this was the only time the surgery would work. You had to have it done tomorrow or that was it... after that the damage was permanent.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Just about my sole reason in life is to have kids and treat them right. I want to have a nice family. No surgery. It's not worth the risk to me.

catman

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I would have to agree with most of the others have the surgery. The risk of not being able to have children is low and you can always adopt a child.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I wouldn't take the surgery i've been through enough of those. I would just stay IC.

X

xdeadx

I'd say no, because I really wanna have kids some day.

Zyph says: I say no, not necessarily because of kids but I don't want that region to be effected like that... >_>;

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would probably get the surgery... I don't think i would like diapers 24/7 and about the infertile i'm gay anyways so me shooting blanks works just as well if they're swimming heh. Though i might consider freezing some sperm just in case, but i dunno if i would even bother with that because of the whole gay thing.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Let's say this was the only time the surgery would work. You had to have it done tomorrow or that was it... after that the damage was permanent.
In this case I think I'd stick to the "no surgery" option. Undergoing a surgery is always a big shock for the body, it takes time to recover and there is always a (not so) slight chance of complications. Undergoing a general anesthesia is like being halfway-killed and then resuscitated. In the worse case, you could also not wake up anymore.... :eek: IMHO, people tend to think of surgical operations with too much lightness, nowadays.

If it was an endoscopical surgery it could be not as bad as that, but I personally saw a series of surgeries in the bladder area (prostatectomies, bladder reconstructions, etc...) and they all involved ripping up the patient's abdomen from the belly to the d*ck and an hour or more of butcherwork.... :eek::eek::eek: definitely not my pair of shoes.

After all, do I love diapers or what?? :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.