Huggies Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the Huggies diapers had stretchy sides? Thanks in advance for all help.

S

Secret

Yes some do I beleive it is like size 3 and up if I am not mistaken.

And no they wont fit you.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Yeah when people ask about baby diapers its usually more to get off than anything else. That's why I full heartedly agree with how awesome the person above me is.

Not that I am saying your like that garnet however until you prove me wrong I have to call em as I see em.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Huggies aren't that stretchy, and they run much smaller than Pampers or Luvs.
OK well that answers my question b/c I love the Pampers and the size 6 fit me pretty well and hold alot. So I guess I will just stick with Pampers and this thread can go ahead and be deleted.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
The quality of the baby diapers has really taken a dive over the last 6 years. The manufacturer's main motivation is to produce the maximum volume at the lowest cost, while preserving absorbency, fit, and leak retention. The products are made thinner to maximize shelf space. Meaning, they have more polymer and less fluff than ever. I am sure the trend will continue. Currently, the best for durability, absorbency, and finish are the Huggies. They don't stretch as much, but will hold up better for those who can use them.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Gotta love capitalism... it's all about the almighty dollar. Cut quality a little... keep the price the same... as long as you don't loose too many customers you're doing just fine.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The dollar really should carry the motto "In Money We Trust", because that's the only God of Capitalism.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
I recently got a sample of Abena's Air X-Plus diapers from XP Medical. Their quality is vastly superior to any infant diaper I've seen offered, perhaps even to the older, thicker Pampers Supremes made back in the mid to late 1990s. They fasten with a tape/velcro combination. They are fully symmetrical, no shift in the padding or misplaced fluff anywhere and quality control is top-notch. There seems to be a decoupling here, with the trend towards a better grade of adult products. The difference here, I believe, has to do with what the customers demand. And they are willing to spend more to get more.

Also, the price of Abena's products have remained flat or decreased. They are putting out more quantity, at a reduced price per unit, as a result of lower overhead and better efficiency. Kimberly Clark and the cheap drugstore manufacturers could be in for a world of hurt.

adriansurley

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Gosh, sometimes I wish I could fit into huggies diapers...normally that is. I am still a pretty skinny girl but I don't feel babyish when I have to modify the diaper and it looks ridiculous.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
Adrien: Many adults use Huggies and other similar products as a pad, for minor incontinence. They often work better than the so-called "beltless undergarments" commonly available. You can't feel them when they're in place. So no, a Huggies won't make you feel like a "baby". Neither will a Goodnites, if you can fit in them. Referring to Kimberly Clark's design thread on this board: that and fluid retention is the whole idea. Society must want kids to be "little adults".

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Society must want kids to be "little adults".
I believe you hit the nail on the head there Honeywell... society today is forcing kids to grow up way too fast. Rush 'em out of diapers so they can get in school... rush 'em through school so they can get in college... rush 'em through college so they can get a "real job"... then we all just rush through work until it's time to retire.

People fail to realise that life is what happens on the way. I don't want to work my ass off and be miserable now so that I can be fat and happy when I'm 60. I'd rather be happy now...

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I just saw a commercial for Luvs last night, and they were saying how much more the stretch than other diapers, maybe you should look in to those.

I think the catch phrase they used was bear hug, showing how stretchie the sides were.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah I have now ruled out Huggies and am going to try the Cruisers or the Luvs, if either is as stretchy as Baby Dry size 6 I will very happy.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Huggies are pretty awful. Pampers are much better, both in size and absorption.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Has anybody on here tried Luvs? B/c i am very curious to know if they are as stretchy as Cruisers

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
garnetandblack2107: Luvs do have a little more stretch than the Cruiser 7s. The Cruisers, however, have a slightly longer fit. While Luvs have excellent deodorizing properties, they are very thin and absorb very slowly compared to other brands. This is because there is very little fluff, and mostly polymer. If I were you, I'd just save my money and stick with the Cruisers.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I had huggies size 6 once but I was heavyer then but I was impressed how much they held, but I had to add to the tabs to get them to fit, that was about 20 lbs ago.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Arrgh! Darnit. I really want to try Luvs size 6 and the Cruisers, and they are both readily available but I don't have enough room in my hiding spot to get both and I can't decide which one I want first.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
In that case, you could get a small bag of each. But, I would go for the Cruisers first as they are a little more substantial. Their scent is a little lighter too, and that could reduce the possibility of detection. Question: Have you ever tried Goodnites?

Status
Not open for further replies.