How would you reply?

BJsTyLeZ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If someone saw you wearing a diaper (didn’t know what kind) how would you reply if a that person asked if you were an AB or DL? Would you admit it or make an excuse and make something up? And if you were to admit that you were a AB or DL, how would you explain it?

I would tell them that I have to wear diapers because I leak during the day and I wet alot at night bottom line though I need to wear diapers

It would depend on who is doing the asking but in general, I'm pretty comfortable with a "none of your business" answer.

Reactions: littlemoosey
"Worry about yourself."

XD

Unless it was someone I knew very well. But most everyone who DOES know me really well already knows I'm IC and wear for need. That I can find quality pamps with cute designs on them is just par for the course of being me.

(I mean, I am the person that looked at all of the fancy $100 pocket books, snubbed them and went and got a $10 Paw Patrol purse from the little girls' section. It was already known that I like cute stuff.)

Reactions: Carnifex
I would probably say it is a medical need and to not worry about me; if they asked about the Print (since I just about always wear a printed ABUniverse Diaper) I would just say it is what works.

But really alternatively you could say "none of your business".

A few people I'm around the most know, and nobody else really matters in this matter.

Reactions: Carnifex
I might be inclined to ask how they know about ABs and DLs.

Reactions: trysexiea and Alexande
I would tell them I am incontinent due to a ruptured disc in my lower back and can't control my bodily output. This is the reason I wear diapers all the time.

The proper way to respond is to tell others in public you wear them for a personal need. This covers both physical and mental indicating it's none of your business in a polite way.

The proper way in private is to first evalulate whom you're speaking with, and then take the appropriate course. Your response will be different if this a close family member or a casual friend.

Reactions: Evahasgone2
Bellybag has it covered. Its a straight and forward answer and its not rude or crude. I wear for personal reasons. Short and sweet. Props to you Bellybag !

Reactions: Deleted member 45803
About 10 yrs ago I was at a bar with a bunch of friends when a girl I never met before (not in our group) out of no where grabbed my padded butt, thankfully I was dry but the look on her face was priceless and I bet the look on my face matched hers. Fun times, no need to exchange conversation lol.
Another time I had a case of abu SDK's shipped to my house (version 2 release) apparently the UPS driver got the streets confused and delivered my case to my neighbors house one street over, he just opened the box then saw it was diapers and back tracked to the label, saw it was mine and called me saying there's a case of diapers with my name on it at his house, I had to go and pick them up.. that was pretty embarrassing and makes the bar incident look like a cake walk.

Reactions: littlemoosey
If someone saw that I was clearly wearing a diaper and asked me if I were AB or DL....

- If I was confident that the other person might be AB/DL or some alternative lifestyle then I would crack a smile, say DL and maybe mention that I'm rockin' some Little Rascals right now.

- If I suspected the person was sincere, peaceful, and just curios I might say DL... why do you ask?

- If the person seemed amused and found ABDL to be comical I would say "whats ABDL???"

Sounds like for some people their ABDL is private and this scenario would be as awkward as asking someone what color their underwear is. Others are open about it and would gladly discuss it, some even wear Peekabu hats etc...

Reactions: RinntheWolf and Slomo
Like neophyte said, it would depend on the person and situation. If I don't detect any hatred or judgement I'd probably be open about it.

Reactions: neophyte
I think my general purpose response would be "I don't want to talk about that."

If they're considerate, that'll terminate that topic of discussion immediately. If not, and they're going to be rude about it, then I'll get rude with them.

Thankfully I've never had to deal with that, but I'm prepared for it.

What if they were wearing a peekabu hat and had a diaperbag? Would some of you still frown and end the conversation?

neophyte said:
What if they were wearing a peekabu hat and had a diaperbag? Would some of you still frown and end the conversation?

I think I would make an exception for someone that was obviously AB/DL/IC.

I personally wouldn't wear The Hat around friends simply because of the additional risk it would present. I also make a point of avoiding diaper-related comments and conversations, because I feel that if I bring it up and things go too far in that direction, that's my fault, so I don't encourage it. I don't want to be pressured to lie to friends if uncomfortable questions start getting asked. OTOH if I ever went somewhere (without friends) that was more AB/DL/IC oriented, I'd be okay with that hat as a statement.

Reactions: RinntheWolf
neophyte said:

There is a big difference between someone that somehow knows about ABDL and somebody that appears to be an ABDL themselves.

With the 1st category they may be one of those "how Nasty, Cringe" people like the ones making the "Shock Value" videos on YouTube; or worse yet they may be one of those idiots that thinks

ABDL = Pedophile (we know those are 2 very different things)

With the second they will understand that at the very least ABDL isn't a horrible thing like some people think and want everybody else to think.

I wear a PeekABU hat from time to time and I don't think someone that isn't ABDL or otherwise in our community would know the significance of the characters; they would probably think "how cute" or maybe they would think it is "weird" or "silly"

But they sure wouldn't know it's an ABDL thing if they were a random "Vanilla" person.

If I was in that situation, and they were aware of what AB/DL is, I'd absolutely come out to them and admit it. After all, they may be into it too ;)
If they weren't I wouldn't really care, just so long as they keep it on the down low.

I've already got some "DL swag" - an ABU-n-Chill t-shirt (wish they came in white!) and a Pampers logo white t-shirt, both for wearing in private at home of course. I suppose I could stand to get a raccoon cap on my next order.

I really want the giraffe hat to wear when I got to the zoo next time. XD

If there were outward signs that they were an ABDL, I'd probably look at them and grin.

Back