How would you react if it was trendy to wear adult diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can you imagine all those rap music fans wearing diapers with the baggy jeans hanging down

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm so out the second it's cool.

Dragonforce used to be really cool. Then people started posting live videos on youtube and Guitar Hero came out and now they're tremendously lame. Zombie movies used to be pretty rad. Then they started making more zombie movies. Being in a band and not being cool used to be cool, but now being cool by not being in a band is totally accepted as being a very cool thing, and once thing's are publically cool they're hardly cool at all. There isn't much that is cool actually, cause like, there's a thin line between stuff that sucks and stuff that just became cool, and then you've got like, four days until it burns out and dies. There's also cult stuff, but if your cult gets too internety then it gets ruined. Every time I see an Army of Darkness shirt I die a little inside. There's also things that are legendary, and they could be things that were too good to be ruined or were great, became awful but totally came back. Mario games, Lord of the Rings, Onion Rings, Dr. Pepper, stuff Jim Carey says and Kevin Bacon are amongst these. The legacy of Bill Murray should be there, but people keep trying to ruin it by making a big deal about it. Mythbusters may also be well on it's way there.

Some stuff is still cool and not cultish at all, but they also aren't big enough to be legendary. Chocolate Milk, the Power Rangers, Forrest Griffiin, Opeth, improvised beat poetry directed towards people you only kind of know and Homestarrunner. That might be a bit esoteric actually. I wish I could include Dog the Bounty Hunter, but he might be a little too rough around the edges for some people. That's totally part of his charm though.
Sometimes, something's popular because -gasp- it's good. Not all cool things are popular, and not all popular things are cool, but there are cool things that are popular and sucky things that are not popular, as well as sucky things that are popular and cool things that are unpopular.

In other words, popularity is not a proper method to judge coolness.

As for me, diapers, and a sudden popularity, it would be yet one more thing in the Universe for which I have been ahead of the curve!

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey Slang, I agree with most of what you said...

Like the Power Rangers, I loved watching that show, and I got teased for watching it beyond 4th grade. I watched it until hmmm I can't recall but I remember watching it a few years ago, I'm now 27yo.

Also I used to drink Dr. Pepper religiously. Up until they changed to that 23 flavors crap. OMG when they first changed it before I realized what happened. I bought it and didnt take notice to the new labelling yet. I took a sip and I thought hmmm... must be a bad batch or something. About 5 bottles later I was like wtf! so I went got a can instead and tasted like the other too. Them I noticed the new labelling and was like I gotta stock up on the old stuff. I never spent so much on soda in one trip of shopping. I still miss the good old days. Now I drink Pepsi mostly now.

Now on to the main topic, if diapers became a fad and people were wearing them showing them off, we ABDLs would be the only ones with yellow tint on the front of our diapers. LOL.

hush

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I agree with an earlier poster; If it's ever "cool" the people in my inner circle will know. Well I will stop hiding.

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Dragonforce used to be really cool.

Well, I suppose cheesy, highly formulaic power metal was probably cool for about 30 seconds or so. Maybe I'm jaded because I've heard better players do highly formulaic power metal before I heard Dragonforce for the first time...

Some stuff is still cool and not cultish at all, but they also aren't big enough to be legendary. Chocolate Milk, the Power Rangers, Forrest Griffiin, Opeth, improvised beat poetry directed towards people you only kind of know and Homestarrunner. That might be a bit esoteric actually. I wish I could include Dog the Bounty Hunter, but he might be a little too rough around the edges for some people. That's totally part of his charm though.

So.... anything that's not considered "cool" by the masses is what you consider to be cool? Gotcha. Back in 1991, several of my friends thought Nirvana was cool - until Nevermind broke - then they were all "They're so f***ing lame"...

Related to grunge, I and several friends of mine used to tootle around middle and high school in open chamois and flannel shirts with t-shirts underneath (back in the mid/late 80's). It wasn't "cool" at the time - quite the contrary - our contemporaries were either dressed in chains and spikes (metalheads and punks) or Benneton and Izod preppy shit (everyone else). Surprise, 8 years later, the grunge thing happened, and suddenly the clothes we wore all the time were "cool". We didn't stop wearing those clothes - they were comfortable and cheap. We just laughed at people who used to wear Benneton crap suddenly wearing Gap versions of the stuff we paid next to nothing for at thrift stores...

Chasing trends that haven't happened yet is no better than chasing trends that have happened. Spending your whole life trying to be at the front of the trend is as much a dead end as spending your whole life following the trend.

I was into Radiohead before "Creep" was a mega-hit. So what? I also continued to enjoy them right up until Kid A, when I thought they had completely lost their sense of musicality in an effort to create abstract noise. I still think The Bends ranks right up there with Abbey Road as one of the finest pop albums ever recorded. I didn't decide they sucked just because suddenly everyone else liked them too.

Anyway...

Point being, enjoy what you enjoy, not because it's "cool", but because you like it. If no one else likes it, who cares? If everyone else likes it, who cares? Be true to yourself first. To hell with everyone else.

Slang

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
So.... anything that's not considered "cool" by the masses is what you consider to be cool? Gotcha.

Been quoted like nine times in this loverly thread. I think I was mostly joking too. But yeah, I can't think of anything less cool than something being popular.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
But yeah, I can't think of anything less cool than something being popular.

You like Tool and there last 3 albums have sold pretty well, hitting #2 and #1 twice, kind of implies popularity but does that make them any less cool?

Clyde99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Actually it would have to be trendy with my close relatives first. As soon as they're on board it's adios tidy whities hello 24/7 diapers.

Slang

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
You like Tool and there last 3 albums have sold pretty well, hitting #2 and #1 twice, kind of implies popularity but does that make them any less cool?

Like I even know what you're talking about. Tool's not on the radio, so that's how cool it isn't. Album sales? I have no time for your precious logic and facts.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The only bad thing I could think about with diapers being cool would be the stink. :)

Whatever makes people happy in the end, that's what counts.

Veljie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I would LOVE IT and take it too the grave Hell i whore diapers to raves back in the day (7-3 years ago). It was easy when your had Phat pants and told every candy raver i was two years old. sometimes i told people i was wearing them when i was peak babbling. they all said it was cute and nothing came of it. It can happen. in some parts of Asia specificly Japan wearing sergical masks is fashionable

I think the idea of "cool" died when Huey Lewis said : "It's hip to be square."

-Ron

David Bowie is still Cool

I would milk it, bottle it, and sell it back to the fad crowd at a premium price! :p

Hey, at least that way I'd be able to fund my premium diaper habit, right?

My diapers bring all the people to the yard.
And they're like it's better then yours.
Damn right it's better then yours.
I could teach you but i'd have to charge.

On a serious note you will find what is trendy and cool changes not only as the decade’s role but as you get older. When you reach your middle years 28+ what being cool means to you will mutate and you will find you’re not using the word cool anymore but the word Successful in the same sentences. What people find at the height of couture allot of other people will think is silly and dare use the word douche. If there is a culture that makes bubblegum AB fashionable you will find a counter culture denouncing it. Although like I said in a previous post I think the Kandy Kid sub-culture of the early millennium came close to making diapers acceptable but they died when techno became house. The Scene kids might bring pull-ups into fad but diapers probably not. But the rate ABDL fandom yes I’m using fandom and not fetish is growing online at least I’m finding a lot and I mean a lot of under 25’s getting into this. It might happen in the future probably around the same time denim bib-overalls and pig-tales come back to fad.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Like I even know what you're talking about. Tool's not on the radio, so that's how cool it isn't. Album sales? I have no time for your precious logic and facts.

Actually, Tool is on the radio pretty regularly anymore.

tinyfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Oh lord. I can just imagine that. Hip nightclubs would build changing booths into their bathrooms. Magazines would have articles in them in which sexy celebrity women shyly confessed to how wonderfully naughty (in a safe and nonthreatening way) it feels to wear and use one. Designer underwear brands would start making nappies with their brand name printed all over the waistband so that skinny hipster boys could wear their jeans half hanging off their arses (no different to usual then) and show off their stylish nappy choice. They'd all have really macho prints on them for the MEN - camo and edgy geometric designs and photo prints of F1 cars. Vintage florals and Playboy bunnies for the girls. Suddenly everyone would be making really expensive jeans that were kind of loose and saggy in the butt to accommodate the padding, and a nation of lardarses would be delighted up till the point they realised the jeans were still skinny fit in the leg. Because let's face it, nappies are for thin and sexy twentysomethings now.

And me? I'd be doing exactly what I always do. Eyeing it suspiciously from a distance until I could see whether it was going to become a fashion classic or not, and only buying in if it did...

LittlePony

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm not so sure I would like it cuz I'm not so into fads or trends. I tend to dislike trends cuz they sometimes lead to "clickish" drama and people thinking they are so cool or what when it's really about what you like and not others. Not that trends always turn into drama or "clickish" behavior among groups of people. I tend to just like what I like and steer away from trends. But if it makes someone happy that is truly what counts!

But for some reason when someone mentioned raves and ravers (done with that scene but glad I was a part of it for a short time) it really seemed cool. I guess that's because you can say being an AB was triggered by rave culture and the empathy, love, care, and just "being a kid again" feeling, not to mention the binkys lol! But I did wear pull-ups for quite some time too lol.

AshleighBabes

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Being trendy, would at least offer some acceptance, in this most, unfortunately, unacceptable lifestyle. It would be a relief to be able to be open about the lifestyle, and not have to be shunned,...I wish it was a trend, whatever it takes to get people to see that it is a unique, but rewarding lifestyle.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd have to say it wouldn't matter wether it was trendy or not. That wouldn't stop me from wearing them or not. The only thing that would change would be a more generalized acceptance towards the lifestyle and that's a plus in my book. :)

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Nothing, just I :censored: some trends. Only sometimes put on... But I haven´t enough € to spent it at this. Now not. And there´s no site to hide...

Seems that there´s clear tendencion to do AB/DL theme more "normal" for rest of the world, but it´s a hard job, if not suicidal mision.

Varys

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd react to that the same way I react to pop music; get out a guitar and rock the fuck on with the 80s and 70s awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.