How would you handle and feel if you had to wear diapers the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I know some would like to be able to wear diapers 24/7, but could you handle not having a choice in the matter?

I have been dealing with IC all my life and it gotten worst over the years. I have worn diapers at night all my adult life for bed wetting. Th last ten years my pants wetting has returned. Unlike when I was a kid and wet my pants that would be a full bladder emptying , these have been little spurts that I do not fell. most of the time just enough to keep my underwear wet and damp most of the time. Most of the time not enough to soak through to my outside pants, but some times it did. I was told by my Dr. that this would be coming but I don't think I wanted to except it.

Even thou I like wearing diapers I was scared as hell of realizing that I will be in diapers the rest of my life.

But I crossed that bridge now, I have been back in diaper 24/7 for almost a month. Not having a choice in the matter can really suck. People on this site have help me cross that bridge. Knowing that some others have dealt with some the same fears has really helped.

A diapered life may be bad at times but I will deal with things as they come about. Dealing with past diaper wearings may have held me back, because of nasty comment made by nasty people. Some say AB's need to grow up, I think it is those people who need to grow up.

I posted something like in the IC forum sorry if you think this a double post.

So a Diapered life it will be and we make the best of it.

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
kennyrallen! You do what you have to do to keep the ship running and if diapers 24/7 is what it is then so be it. I don't like some of the options.

bn3baby.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
kennyrallen! You do what you have to do to keep the ship running and if diapers 24/7 is what it is then so be it. I don't like some of the options.

bn3baby.

Thanks. If we have a leaky ship we need to find a why to plug the holes. I did try the cath with the leg bag in the past and didn't feel right to me, and I move around a lot to.

Like your stroller by the way.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm not sure...I don't know go crazy

I have been making myself crazy not wanting to accept the reality of it. Wetting your pants, even if it very little and not doing something about it is insane.

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
[Yes it's a great stroller we should all have one.

Like your stroller by the way.[/QUOTE]

Sleepo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think I wouldn't like to be in diapers all time, to me diapers are something "special". I like to use them sometimes because it makes me happy, I think wearing diapers 24/7 might be boring :)

wrench360

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The way I feel right now, I think 24/7 in diapers would be like a jackpot, however I'm sure it would run its course, and I would probably get sick of them when I want to do something like swimming for example.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Could I handle something that lots of people have to live with? Yep. Would it suck? Yep. My only question would be wondering how it would affect my enjoyment of diapers and I can't answer that. I hope I won't ever need to. I love having that control and being able to decide when I want to wear or don't is wonderful. It wouldn't be the end of the world to be incontinent. There are lots of things that are worse, but I'm sure not hoping for it.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Could I handle something that lots of people have to live with? Yep. Would it suck? Yep. My only question would be wondering how it would affect my enjoyment of diapers and I can't answer that. I hope I won't ever need to. I love having that control and being able to decide when I want to wear or don't is wonderful. It wouldn't be the end of the world to be incontinent. There are lots of things that are worse, but I'm sure not hoping for it.

That was one of the hurdles I had to deal with, giving up control of when to wear.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I feel right now, I think 24/7 in diapers would be like a jackpot, however I'm sure it would run its course, and I would probably get sick of them when I want to do something like swimming for example.

I take my diaper off when I go swimming. I swim at a lake and what little I pee while swimming does not bother the environment

Cauthon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I'm not sure I could take it. I beat myself up enough over needing them occasionally overnight, I'm sure I wouldn't like how I would handle needing them 24/7.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm not sure I could take it. I beat myself up enough over needing them occasionally overnight, I'm sure I wouldn't like how I would handle needing them 24/7.

Wet Pants and a wet bed or diapers the choice is logical. But I have beaten myself up getting here many times.

Maux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well I've been in and out of diapers my whole life. A story littered with "training" attempts and the like that have failed. I used to claim I had good bowel control so I could try using pads, but "good" really meant that I only had an accident about once a day or so. My fiance convinced me that it wasn't worth it to fight it any longer. I've never had any success trying to stop the wetting.

Due to my bowel problems I can't even go swimming without being diapered. I have a special swim diaper for it. But with the help of my significant other I've been handling it okay. I've gone through some pretty rotten periods, I've even considered suicide, my mother I think still has the letter.

Hell, just today I had a pretty embarrassing event at the auto parts store. I don't know, it just seems particularly embarrassing to mess yourself while trying to buy oil for your car and act like you know what you're doing. I could tell the guy behind the counter could smell it.

But she helped me out and put it into perspective for me. With support it can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's looking for enjoyment out of it. It doesn't work that way.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Well I've been in and out of diapers my whole life. A story littered with "training" attempts and the like that have failed. I used to claim I had good bowel control so I could try using pads, but "good" really meant that I only had an accident about once a day or so. My fiance convinced me that it wasn't worth it to fight it any longer. I've never had any success trying to stop the wetting.

Due to my bowel problems I can't even go swimming without being diapered. I have a special swim diaper for it. But with the help of my significant other I've been handling it okay. I've gone through some pretty rotten periods, I've even considered suicide, my mother I think still has the letter.

Hell, just today I had a pretty embarrassing event at the auto parts store. I don't know, it just seems particularly embarrassing to mess yourself while trying to buy oil for your car and act like you know what you're doing. I could tell the guy behind the counter could smell it.

But she helped me out and put it into perspective for me. With support it can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's looking for enjoyment out of it. It doesn't work that way.

I have always had wetting problems. The pants wetting in school was the worst. But my parents never felt that I should be put back in diapers so I suffered with it.

Accidents in stores has happened to me too, wetting kind with no diaper on.

I have told people all the time that dealing with this is not a game and no one really wants to be this way.

Having support does help, but the only support I have right now hare people on here, and they have been really great helping me through this.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been 24/7 for over a year now. My sleeper stays dry. During the the day my clothes stay and I keep on living my life and don't worry about it. It'll probably stay that way till I'm gone.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been 24/7 for over a year now. My sleeper stays dry. During the the day my clothes stay and I keep on living my life and don't worry about it. It'll probably stay that way till I'm gone.

That's the most important thing keeping other things dry. The dealings of past diaper wearing during the day I think had a lot to do with me not wanting to fully accept it.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My sentiments are the same as Trevor's. That said, I'm good at adapting to new and trying situations. After my first back surgery, I had to cath myself four times a day. This lasted for about a month and a half, but at the time, my urologist said it might be a permanent condition.

If I became incontinent, and that's certainly possible, my biggest challenge would be in purchasing diapers which best accommodated my needs. I enjoy wearing diapers presently, but I wouldn't enjoy leaking in public, or smelling. I tend to be self conscious, so I would want to find ways that circumvented that.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Like several people here, I could handle it if I suddently needed diapers 24/7. I wouldn't like it, but if needed, I would get used to it.

kwisy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
If I was told tomorrow that I would need to wear diapers for the rest of my life to control my bodily functions I think it would be a pretty big hit. The first thing that would hit me would be how I was going to find a relationship when I carried this kind of baggage from the start. After that I start to wonder if work gets awkward as well as other kinds of more common social interaction. I imagine that I would have to grow into wearing and take a “no big deal” stance about it in order to both keep my spirits up and return social interaction to a normal state. My good friends would stick with me through it and I would eventually get used to it so diapering up would be little different than showering and shaving in the morning/evening with a few changes during the day. However I imagine I would be more careful about my diet and fluids so I wouldn't have to worry about leaks. I’d also have to try out a number of different diapers in the hopes of finding good ones for being active, good ones for work, and good ones for sleep so I wouldn't be as limited by them.

Overall it’s a big deal and I have a lot of respect for people who have to deal with IC on a day to day basis. It seems like it’s a LOT to take in at first and I’m sure it doesn't get that much easier with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.