How were you disciplined as a child...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
Well, based on what I've seen on forums over the years, the myth of diaper discipline seems to overshadow the reality. :twocents:

In the real world, the only practical reason to put someone in diapers is if they actually NEED them, which makes it awfully hard to justify it as a tool for discipline. And this is in a world where it's becoming taboo for parents to raise their voices to their children or to take things away as well (remember, feelings might be hurt!!! :rolleyes:).

The way some parents discipline their children seriously concerns me though; for example, I don't believe in "diaper discipline", I consider it child abuse, and it seems that most authorities involved in child protection here take the same view.

MarkFox

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
As for my personal experiences, I missed out on spanking at home and at school (seeing as spanking in public schools where I live has been banned since I was about 10 years old...unused even longer). I missed out mainly because I was too scared of getting in enough trouble to warrant one.

When I was younger and in trouble, I could usually just count on being sent to my room (to cool off, perhaps?). As I got older, if I got in trouble, usually I just got a brief lecture. I don't think grounding would have worked too well with me, as I had no social life to speak of when I was a kid, so being made to stay home would be no big loss :rolleyes:. (conversely, would I be made to go out? grounded from the house?)

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i'm a fairly calm, reasonable person so you wouldn't think i was such a holy terror as a kid, but i was totally ungovernable. i did whatever i wanted nomatter what my parents did, so i wound up getting smacked around a bit when i was very young. it pretty much stopped when i was 5 or 6, partially because i mellowed out some, but my dad and i would still get in frenzied screaming matches on a fairly regular basis (every couple of weeks or so) and they did occasionally end in violence.

my usual punishment was being sent to my room. when i was very small i wouldn't stay in there voluntarily, so my parents had a lock put on the outside of the door. in my teenage years i got grounded a couple of times, and had my computer privaleges taken away and such. the standard fare, i suppose. i could tell some dramatic stories, but for the most part my parents did a really excellent job of bringing me up, and i don't hold their mistakes against them.

weswissa

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I was spanking until I was 12, and I was spanked with paddles, belts, and other things that hurt. I never really got grounded because I spent most of my life inside. I've been thrown across a room a few times, once I landed on a chair... which hurt a lot. I've had the typical timeout. I've had the timeout where had to stand on my tippy-toes, also, I was completely naked and we had company over once. I've been spanked by the vice-principal. I've been sent to ISS(In School Suspension) and OSS(Out of School Suspension). I've had to clean up a band room because I smarted off to my teacher. I can't remember what I did though...

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Well when I was younger Spankings around 3 years ago till year ago A slap/punch to the face Granted never physical abuse.... Now just threats and stuff. I won't let my father disaplen me now anymore HE always said for me to show my respect when I was younger(I showed as much as I received) And was an ass and shit. So I don't like him anymore... Granted some thing I did deserver but alot of the time I do very little to get yelled at and shit. Mostly dropping something. Or making a lil noise at night. Although One day when me and him had a big "fight" I hit a wall. and Left. Then during july 16 I ASKED a simple and rational question and He tried to hit me and I was about to fight back(Keep in mind I could easily kill him with what he is sick with....) Because I've gotten fed up with how he disciples.

Now my mom My God She just talks to me and asks why I did it then does not care.... I get away with so much now.

School
K-2 grad Paddles though they could do it till 8th
2-3 suspended a totle of 5 weeks
7-8 same
9-10 Cops and suspension along with caps and jail depending on what is done.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I had all kinds of things,
  • spanking;
  • being sent to be early;
  • being sent to bed without supper (rare);
  • being stripped of computer rights;
  • lectures;
  • now they are grounding my brother and sister but I have never got it.

They are roughly in chronological order but they overlapped too. My brother and sister got stuff further down the list then I did at the same age.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
When I was younger it was just a small smack.

Until about the age of 10...
I was a good kid, it was just typical kid stuff, like saying a swear word, or telling a white lie, like I didn't eat the cookie, or something.
-If I did something to really make her mad I was smacked around quite a bit, had my hair pulled a few times, pushed etc...
-If I said something mouthy, my mouth was washed out with soap. As in, she scraped a bar of soap on my teeth and I wasn't allowed to brush them or take a drink or anything.

Until I was about 10-14:
Around this age it was mostly really trivial stuff. Like questioning why I had to do the dishes and stuff. I never did anything overly bad, and I was a good student.
If I made a fool of myself, or did something my mom didnt approve of in general it was a lot of verbal abuse. Y'know, you're stupid, you're a cunt, you will never amount to anything etc....
I was also grounded and sent to my room.

From about 15-16:
I did drugs, drank, partied like crazy, was a terrible student, lied to get out of the house, snuck around, etc...
I was grounded a few times. My satellite and especially internet was taken away.

17-Now(18):
I don't do anything terrible. I do have opinions, and I guess I'll "backtalk" but I'm entitled to think what I'd like, and voice that, as well.
I don't get grounded... my mom likes to threaten to kick me out. She won't but she's "come close." She doesn't punish me or anything, mainly because she's stopped caring.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Simple: My dad stopped talking to me, mostly for school reasons.

Once I had my Play station locked away, again for school reasons.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I can't remember being disciplined, which means that I was either too good a kid to need serious disciplining, or the disciplining didn't work because it had no conditioning effect on my conscious behavior.
I've surely received my fair share of verbal disagreement from my parents (yelling), maybe a loose smack on my body and of course a shap pull on my arm when out in public, but other than that, my parents didn't lay a hand on me. I can't remember the ever-popular "go to your room" or "you're grounded" or "no dinner for you!"-being pulled on me because I had two younger brothers to keep me entertained in case I wasn't allowed to leave the house, and dinner in Germany is not the main meal anyway, so I wouldn't be missing much without dinner.

Peachy

Role
  1. Incontinent
Well, I wish that I could say that I was never spanked or really disciplined much as a child, but that would be a total lie.
The truth is, I got beaten with a belt on the average of 3 to 4 times a week when I was between the ages of 5 to around 15 or 16. My dad was not very tolerant of much, and because my brother and I never really got along very well, he always had some reason to take his belt to me, in addition to the many times I got it for pooping my pants. I had encopresis, and my parents both thought that they could "beat the crap out of me" so I didn't do it in my pants. At least that's the only reason I could think of for them treating me the way they did. I was forced to sit on the toilet for hours on end, made to stand in the corner wearing my crappy pants for hours, and the worst was when I had to go outside in nothing but my poopy underwear for hours. That only happened when I was younger, between 4 or 5 until I was about 10, but it really gave me a bad self esteem problem.
I was also grounded for weeks on end, had my TV privileges taken away, and had to do extra chores around the house as well. I got sent to my room, sent to bed without dinner a couple of times, yelled at constantly, (verbal abuse I would call it, as I was constantly told how useless I was, and that I would never amount to anything good, and called all kinds of nasty names, like worthless bastard, ignorant shithead, stupid asshole, and similar things), I even was hit in the back of the head with a rock by my dad when he threw it at me to get my attention one time. But the majority of the time the physical punishment was always the belt. And my mom would never step in and stop him either. I never ever remember getting any kind of encouragement or compliments from either of them when I was a kid. My self esteem was in the toilet literally back then, and I had very few friends because of it. I was ashamed to take anyone to my house, because I knew I would get shot down right in front of them. My dad did that to me a couple of times, so I never let anyone come over when my parents were home.

Because of the way I was treated when I was a kid, I vowed never to do that to my own kid, and I never have. My son's discipline is just things like having to do extra chores, or no computer for a day up or to a week. And the computer is the one that seems to work the best for him. But overall, he's a great kid, I love him to death, and I let him know it daily, verbally, and by giving him a hug. I didn't want to be like my dad was, as I don't think any kid deserves that kind of treatment, no matter how bad they might have been.

My dad died on Easter Sunday 2003, and after wards, my mom told me what an ass he had been to her. After I left home, I didn't see all the things he did to her, and she even told me that she was looking for an apartment right before he died. So I guess I wasn't the only victim of his temper.
My mom died last year at the end of June, and we had pretty much made up by then. I still felt some resentment towards her for the way I was treated as a kid, but I let that go to the back of my mind.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
... he always had some reason to take his belt to me, in addition to the many times I got it for pooping my pants. I had encopresis, and my parents both thought that they could "beat the crap out of me" so I didn't do it in my pants. At least that's the only reason I could think of for them treating me the way they did. I was forced to sit on the toilet for hours on end, ...
Sadly all too recognizable, but instead of being beat up I guess I was lucky to just get my computer privileges stripped. But still mentally very upsetting due to being punished for stuff you can't control.

Rakai

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Carer
well I was the child of a single mother and I guess I was not very badly punished because my mom was just to tired after working three jobs. but I never really needed to be punished I was the good little geeky kid made good grades and everything.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My parents firmly believed "Spare the rod and spoil the child." Mom figures the earliest age to begin such discipline is when the child starts demonstrating an understanding of "no" or "bad." At the youngest age (>1), an open palm with minor force was used. From 1 through 3, a wooden spoon was another option. She stooped using a wooden spoon on me when one broke. Grandpa gave Mom the wooden paddle he used on his own children about 25 years ago. To this day, it rests upon a brick shelf in the living room.

Mom used the paddle on my brother and I until we were about 10. When we were able to receive our punishment and immediately laugh at her efforts, she stopped. For more serious infractions, Dad used the paddle on our bare rears. When I was about 14 and my brother was about 12, the final use of the paddle occurred. We received our spankings and went to our room. The problem this time was excess laughter immediately after. For a brief period after that, Dad sought to find a substitute paddle. The willow tree out in the front yard and a wooden dowel were both tried. Both broke and littered the living room with debris. Roughly age 15 was when I received my last spanking.

At this point, my parents sought a suitable substitute for corporal punishment. My brother usually was grounded for punishment. The first time that I was grounded, I laughed in front of them and inquired where they thought I was going anyway. After that, my usual punishment was not getting dinner. To this day, I rarely eat 3 meals in one day.

Another punishment implemented after the paddle was a metal yard stick. Mom was the only one to use it. This was the only punishment that I considered potentially abusive. I was home schooled from grade 8 through 12 and rarely left the house. Mom oversaw my daily school work and rarely left the house. When I upset her (at least once a week), she would go get the yard stick and start swinging it madly. My sister is 12 years younger than me and saw this happen fairly often. When she was 2.8 years old, she imitated Mom. I was not listening to her and she became upset. In her little mind, the yard stick made Jeremy listen. So, she grabbed the yard stick and swung it at me while I was sitting on the couch. Because I was sitting, she was able to reach my face with it. The swing grazed my lower lip and barely cut it open. The scar is still faintly visible. Mom laughed.

Other forms of punishment also occurred, such as going to our rooms or no video games. However, the metal yardstick mangled from years of abuse is the most vividly remembered.

tgn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have never really been grounded or anything else "major". The worse it really got for me was a few spankings (which ended by the time I was nine) and had tabasco put on my lip (which *BURNT*) when I was about 10 to 11.

I think it is crazy though that spanking is now illegal in Australia, I mean, I didn't turn out too bad :D

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
When I was younger and in trouble, I could usually just count on being sent to my room (to cool off, perhaps?).

That's usually done so the parents can cool off and don't punish you while they're angry, and end up punishing you too much.

I don't remember if I was ever spanked before. But I normally had timeouts and restrictions when I was being a brat. Although my dad used to smack me upside the head when I was being a particularly large Douche-Fag.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, it depends. Discipline was usually a smack on the bum or being sent to my room, but there was also the whole "abusive stepfather" thing where my stepdad would often use his fists and feet to instill "discipline". That and locking me in a wardrobe for a day.

M

maddi

I was spanked, spanked and spanked, and in between that, I was grounded, had things taken away, and spanked...

Liz Lil Secret

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Got grounded, got sent to live with my brother (drill sergeant type) for awhile when I was a teenager because I misbehaved so much... Never got spanked, but did get smacked across the face.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I was spanked until about 7 ish along with them taking stuff away until I was about 12, now they yell at me and dont really discipline me to much. But now they yell ALOT!

basically me right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.