How were you disciplined as a child...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
When you were disobedient or did something mischievous as a child how did your parent(s) discipline and knock some sense into you? Did they spank you? If so what with? Take away your privilages (toys, video games, television) for a set amount of time? Did they just slap you around the head? Ground you from leaving the house? Other?

My mum, who can't walk due to a disability, used to give me a swift, short slap around the head whenever I was being a nuisance.
She used to demand I walk over and bend down so she could reach me, subsequently I'd apologise.

It worked most of the time, never had to resort to anything harsher. I was a fairly well behaved kid, least in comparison to children nowadays who set there pets on fire and stab each other etc... so it was an uncommon occurrence which made it all the more effective when she did clout me one.

Yourself?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
No I was one of those good little boys, who did what I was told to do, awful isn't it.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
My parents had their hands full when it came to disciplining me, they divorced when I was a toddler. I remember being told not to leave the table until I ate my dinner ( I haven't eaten peanut butter since ), being grounded, made to sit in the corner, sent to bed without dinner, as well as being chased around my bedroom with a switch. And that was just 1 week! Kidding, but I have experienced the range.

The times that I knew I was in the most trouble was when my mom would get very quiet and give me this look,(the I-have-had-it-and-YOU-are-gonna-DIE look).

In all of that though, I don't think spanking is wrong, if used properly. It's like the nuclear option; Use it only if you have to and only after everything else has failed.

Role
Private
My dad was the only one who really disciplined me. Probably because he had a short temper when it came to mucking about. Normally he'd just yell and then not talk for a while, but on the off-chance it was really serious, he did have a leather belt... I got that a few times, but after a while even that stopped hurting. >_> Mum would always yell first and then break down into tears, having worked herself up into a distressed emotional state.

Then again, neither case happened frequently anyway. Usually I didn't see much point in being a brat, and just knowing there would be punishment was enough reason for me to not do anything stupid.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
i got it with all of the above. i had a smart mouth, one that had a glass of ice tea shot in my face, public paddling by teachers. one of which she was most definitely in the WRONG (push your religious views on me in a public school you bitch) she actually got suspended from teaching on that one. it was in reference to the Crusades and how right they were to be killing muslims, but how wrong it was for muslims of the day to simply tax those of other religions. nightly beltings by my father. time out. bed w/o supper thrown across the room, hit in the face. if that guy ever hits me again, i will kill him.
no, i can comfortably say that life after about 4 was certainly not idyllic.

S

Secret

I was spanked until about 7 ish along with them taking stuff away until I was about 12, now they yell at me and dont really discipline me to much. But now they yell ALOT!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
When I got into too much mischief I was usually spanked and sat on a chair until my mother told me I could get off. I don't recall doing much to get spanked for after I started school. Even the infamous day I played hookey in first grade, instead of a spanking she just marched me down to the principal's office. I guess she figured that was a fitting enough punishment.;)

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I rarely got in trouble...When I did, it was just things taken away...My parents don't believe in the whole spanking thing

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
uhm my parents never laid a hand on me or even grounded me for that matter i dont even remember being sent to my room all id get was a 5 minute lecture....

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I was smacked about 4 times in living memory, so that was very rare and always just one smack, never a full on spanking. My parents would tell me off by shouting at me a lot. They also liked (and still like) lectures.

I've never been grounded, I don't go out enough. My parents would send me to bed early until I was about 10 if I was being really problematic. Their favourite punishment was the removal of computer privileges. The longest I wasn't allowed to go on the computer for was a fortnight. My parents still use it now, though not as much or for as long. The last time they used it was about a year ago to make me tidy my room. I wasn't allowed on the computer until my room was spotless.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Never spanked or grounded (I rarely went out either :p).

I recall being a smacked a couple of times, but the usual punishment was simply being sent to my room.

However I rarely misbehaved anyway.

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
The most discipline I ever encountered was being smacked, and if that happened more than once in any eighteen month period it would be almost newsworthy! Seriously though, I was generally a "good" and "well-behaved" child - although the stuff I did they wouldn't like, they never found out about anyway...

The way some parents discipline their children seriously concerns me though; for example, I don't believe in "diaper discipline", I consider it child abuse, and it seems that most authorities involved in child protection here take the same view.

MarkFox

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little
my biological father spanked me (it ranged from belts to wooden spoons) but he was an a-hole, but my mom and step dad only took stuff away or told me to go to my room

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Though I was a genuinely good child, I have always been quite argumentative with my Dad especially and also used to get pretty angry from time to time, so I used to get in trouble quite often. Now I almost never get in trouble, mainly due to the fact that I am less argumentative, but also because my parents have much less authority over me. When I was a lot younger I used to get the occasional spanking. However, around probably six-ish, that became an ineffective method of punishment, because it no longer intimidated me. From then on, I was always sent to my room or had stuff taken away from me for punishment. I probably spent most of my grade 7 year banished to my room. I don't really agree with the whole spanking thing either, because it can become abuse very quickly if it's done in anger.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
My parents werent really parents until I was like 5, then they started realizing getting drunk/doing nothing wasnt working. By that time I had pretty much developed an identity, so I was going to be a little ****er no matter what. I got the belt, spankings, time-outs, my dad shoves my up against the wall with his hand around my neck if I ever say anything he doesnt like about my mom, the cops have been called alot, grounding, etc. They never sent me to bed without dinner, figuring it was my choice to eat or not.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Never been spanked, smacked, yelled at, grounded, or sent to my room. In fact, I was never punished by my parents at all.

My mother always said she expended so much energy disciplining (or trying to) the first 5 that she didn't even bother with me or my younger brother (although he did get 'the belt' from dad once).

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I was a good kid and rarely had any fights with my parents. When it did happen it was usually 'time outs'. My parents didn't believe in spanking or any sort of physical punishment (seems to make for violent kids... my cousins are living proof of that...)

D

daria7483

Mostly, I got my TV privileges taken away. But my grandmother used to watch me after school, and I quickly learned if I turned the tv on quietly and then turned it off whenever I heard her coming, she wouldn't know I was watching and half the time she forgot I was being punished anyway.

When my mom got really mad, she spanked me. But not until she was good and pissed. Which meant that it hurt.

Usually I got punished for getting bad grades or forgetting to do homework, but I also had a smart mouth that got me into trouble a lot too. I think overall, though, my parents would agree that I didn't give them too much grief.

Cayde

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy,
My mom took away my toys video games and sometimes spanked me

Status
Not open for further replies.