How to use toilet while wearing diapers

Topex, well said. I do have bowel problems but very rarely and usually when my IBS is really bad, and when it happens all I can hear is my mother's voice telling me what a dirty little boy I am, (was doubly incontinent until aged 14).

I find that, if I’m careful, I can pull my diaper down like a pair of regular underpants, use the toilet, and then pull the diaper back up again.

• Love
Reactions: Pino, ABDElsa and Seasonedcitizen
I normally try to make it to the bathroom if I feel a mess is coming but I very rarely make it there before I mess my diaper. Last night was different. I felt a mess was on its way and made it to the bathroom in time to take my diaper off to use the toilet. When I got my butt on the seat, nothing happened. I pushed to try to poop but nothing would come out. After a few minutes, I decided to put the diaper back on because it is still dry. This is when I found out the tapes don't stick as good and the diaper loosens up. About 2 hours later, the urge hits me again and I made it to the bathroom again and took the diaper off. Butt on seat again and nothing. Just another false alarm. I put the diaper back on because it is still dry. About an hour later, another urge hits me but this time I didn't make it to the bathroom. I messed my diaper. This is nothing new to me but this time my diaper leaked poop out. Luckily, I wear a diaper cover and that contained the leak. I think from now on, unless my diaper is already wet and will need to be changed anyway, i am no longer going to try to get to the bathroom to poop. I will just wait until I fill my diaper and then change. I think this will prevent leaks in the future. I have had so many pooping accidents in my diaper since last summer that it really doesn't bother me anymore. I just clean up and put a fresh diaper on.

scaifester said:
There are situations when I have thought about using the toilet instead of my diaper.
Usually this occurs when having a bowel movement. If I can help it I use the toilet but that usually means taking off the diaper completely and throwing it away.
Have you found success with taking the diaper off or retaping the diaper to use the toilet instead of throwing it away?

Not IC here but using diapers with a plastic landing or that have second chance tabs does the trick. You can just easily put the diaper back on where the blue tabs are. If you do use the plastic landing the diaper has, you might need to use tape because the tabs might not be as sticky. But then you have the other side to unfasten if you need to take it off again.

I unfasten the top tapes, then slide my nappy down while holding onto the bottom tapes to make sure they stay fastened. Then pull it back up afterwards and re-fasten as before (the double-tape variety work best in this scenario).

There's something slightly amusing about sitting on the toilet with a wet nappy around your ankles!

This is where the Plastic pants come in handy. You pull the diapers down and up without taking off the tapes.

You can use pants style pullups diapers which you just take down like an underwear to pee in the toilet

Adiba said:
You can use pants style pullups diapers which you just take down like an underwear to pee in the toilet
The problem with these as mentioned before is they're less absorbent, have a poorer fit, and hence are more prone to leaking than normal tabbed briefs

Adiba said:
One thing I found Pullup diapers. They tend to be Damp on the outside even with a light wetting. If you want proof. Buy a Pair of Plastic pants. First, try the Plastic back diapers on and the Plastic pants and pee or better yet Pour a set amount of liquid in the diaper and leave it on for a while let say an hour feel the Plastic pants are they, Damp. Then do the same with the Pullup diapers and use the same amount of Liquid and have it on for the same amount of time. Then I want you to feel the plastic pants. You notice they are damp.

scaifester said:
There are situations when I have thought about using the toilet instead of my diaper.
Usually this occurs when having a bowel movement. If I can help it I use the toilet but that usually means taking off the diaper completely and throwing it away.
Have you found success with taking the diaper off or retaping the diaper to use the toilet instead of throwing it away?
Duct tape.
:)

Since starting this thread I have switched to the Megamax and its been a game-changer. I can undo all 4 tapes to use the toilet. I can retape the diaper for a good fit even after its been wet for several hours. It feels secure and there is no sign of the tapes giving out

LifeInPlastic said:
I also wear diapers with 2nd-chance tapes. But I untape one side(usually the right) and can pull it down. Afterwards it´s just pulling up and placing the tapes where they have been before and checking the leak cuffs, no big deal. And if you have taped the diaper to a snug fit it will be just as good as before.

Cheers
Same here except I only untape the top one on one side and slide it down and back up like a pull up. Been doing this way my whole diapered life.

Last edited:
Power on the sides really helps with sliding up and down. It take a bit to get the crinkles out of the side (else they hurt). I usually slide down keeping my knees together. Do my business. Then "shimmy" it back in place and then adjust the sides. It can be done.

That's why I wear goodnites, I can pull them up or down if I need to use the toilet.

Not incontinent but i wear very often. If I think i am going to need to have a BM (I try to have one each day), I will try my best to avoid wetting. If i’m wet already the diaper will need to be changed... i won’t pull up an already wet diaper; thus if i have to change, then i try to have a BM at the same time...

There’s really only 3 reasons I change a diaper
- wet already and have to have a BM
- wet enough to the point of being uncomfortable or leaking
- wet already and going to be leaving the house and want to be dry

Inconinmiss said:
I find that, if I’m careful, I can pull my diaper down like a pair of regular underpants, use the toilet, and then pull the diaper back up again.
Yeah that's what I do.

I just slide down the back of the diaper and sit on the potty and poop, then slide it back up. I can't really poop in my diaper because it's too soft and cleanup would be awful.

scaifester said:
im a rather curvy woman with wide hips and i can usually shimmy the diaper over my hips to do what i need to do and then pull it back up. this only works if you have something to wear over your diaper (underwear) to keep it from falling down after

Evahasgone2 said:
you are already wearing the diaper, why not mess in it and get it over with. I will not mess my diaper while working, but I will hold it till I finish work and enjoy a good mess.
Personally for me the cleanup is not worth it but also. Based on your pfp you're female. How do you mess without worrying about infection? I'm trans male and I am scared to mess because I am already sooo prone to bv

As for the pain thread, I just shimmy it down, do my business, then shimmy it back up. Hook and loop dips and dips with a landing strip like megamax you can undo and redo the tapes. Only downside is if the diaper is already used, it'll be cooold going back on which I do not like

Back