How to use toilet while wearing diapers

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There are situations when I have thought about using the toilet instead of my diaper.
Usually this occurs when having a bowel movement. If I can help it I use the toilet but that usually means taking off the diaper completely and throwing it away.
Have you found success with taking the diaper off or retaping the diaper to use the toilet instead of throwing it away?

you are already wearing the diaper, why not mess in it and get it over with. I will not mess my diaper while working, but I will hold it till I finish work and enjoy a good mess.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: Hemix, bigtoddler96, Sidewinder and 5 others
Evahasgone2 said:
you are already wearing the diaper, why not mess in it and get it over with. I will not mess my diaper while working, but I will hold it till I finish work and enjoy a good mess.
Especially for someone with incontinence, this is probably a situation that most people want to avoid. Cleaning up a messy diaper is an especially time-consuming, and for many unpleasant, process, and holding it is very uncomfortable. I'm not sure your post is really helpful to this situation.

Personally, I've found that with Rearz and anything with a landing zone it's not too bad to undo the tapes, even just the top ones to slide it down, and then re-attach them generally okay. Sometimes, little life hack, if I can't get them to stick back on, stapling them actually works. If you flip the stapler upside down then the pokey ends are on the outside of the diaper and you can't even feel the smooth end of the staples on the inside. For Crinklz/BetterDry I can usually ease the tapes off slowly and carefully and then reapply the second chance tapes

Reactions: Billybatts, Jonnythepony, Dinotopian2002 and 1 other person
Like many on this board, I prefer not to mess in my diaper if I can avoid it. As stated above, the cleanup is not pleasant.

Reactions: HetchinsRider1946, Shadowchild12 and Seasonedcitizen
Topex said:
Especially for someone with incontinence, this is probably a situation that most people want to avoid. Cleaning up a messy diaper is an especially time-consuming, and for many unpleasant, process, and holding it is very uncomfortable. I'm not sure your post is really helpful to this situation.

Personally, I've found that with Rearz and anything with a landing zone it's not too bad to undo the tapes, even just the top ones to slide it down, and then re-attach them generally okay. Sometimes, little life hack, if I can't get them to stick back on, stapling them actually works. If you flip the stapler upside down then the pokey ends are on the outside of the diaper and you can't even feel the smooth end of the staples on the inside. For Crinklz/BetterDry I can usually ease the tapes off slowly and carefully and then reapply the second chance tapes

I agree, the diapers with the landing zone are fairly easy to remove and re-tape. My go-to right now is the MegaMax from Northshore. It's tapes are crazy good, which makes it sometimes difficult to untape, even with the landing strip, but it is do-able. Other brands with landing strips are easier. Another suggestion if you can't get the tapes to stick back on: I will often use diaper pins over the tapes if they are being finicky. I have never had a problem with leaking through the pin holes - it seems the tapes adhere to the pin and seal it up.

My experiace is, that tapes are often a problem. This is the reason why I use ether diaper with a flexible belt or pads...

If I need to have a bowel movement Im usually wet already so I simply donot bother about trying to reuse the diaper after using the toilet unless I have no spare diaper with me then I pull the diaper down use the bathroom then pull up the diaper. I use hockey twoe to re enforce the diaper so retaping is out of the question.

I really try to avoid using my diaper for a bowel movments if possibl.

Last edited:
I have Fetware plastic pants for disposables. and I use that too with Disposable diapers and I am able to pull down and pull up with no issue and keep the tapes on. But it depends on the person size and such.

I can usually shimmy my diaper down without untaping it when I need to use the toilet.

Reactions: patrick1776, BlueDude, Babyfur and 2 others
I do not mess in my diaper (unless by accident) when I need to poo, I undo one of the pins on my diaper and take care of business. then re pin the diaper and continue

I breathe in a bit and slide it past my hips on saying that I am of a really small build, and I normally wear tena which although don't do well on the absorption side of things they do have very good build quality and are a robust nappy.

Reactions: QTnPLASTIC and Seasonedcitizen
Tykables are good for this with the Velcro tapes. Much easier to reapply tapes, but I agree with the Rearz comment as well. The landing strips help a lot as well.

I use diapers without a landing zone (with white/blue two-chance tapes), and I like them quite snug. But I can usually undo the top pair of tapes and wiggle the diaper down to use the loo. To re-tape, I find it easier to lie down to make sure the diaper is snug again, which makes it easier to line stick the tapes back down exactly on top of the blue tabs.

I've had no luck with trying to untape and retape a diaper that's been taped for very long - even the Velcro tabs on cloth-backed briefs don't come off cleanly enough to retape. I agree with others posters, though, that you can usually shimmy a diaper down and back up. Using a cover to help support it might help you with not needing to put the tapes on so tight that you can't do this.

I either wear diapers with velcro tabs so its easy to take off and put back on or pull the diaper down without untaping it, this is easier when like me you have noassatall! Of course i mostly try to time my changes with my pooping schedule but it doesnt always work out that way. Messing my diaper especially when at work or in the car is absolutely out of the question and more trouble than it is worth most other times

I wear Northshore supremes. They refasten and adjust well, but I don't take my diaper down. I poop in my diaper.

Reactions: Biker666
When I was working in an office, I would wear a diaper with refastenable tabs. I really only had to release the top tab on one side to make it able to be slid down. At other times, I'm able to slide the thing down without undoing the tapes.

tiny said:
I use diapers without a landing zone (with white/blue two-chance tapes), and I like them quite snug. But I can usually undo the top pair of tapes and wiggle the diaper down to use the loo. To re-tape, I find it easier to lie down to make sure the diaper is snug again, which makes it easier to line stick the tapes back down exactly on top of the blue tabs.

I also wear diapers with 2nd-chance tapes. But I untape one side(usually the right) and can pull it down. Afterwards it´s just pulling up and placing the tapes where they have been before and checking the leak cuffs, no big deal. And if you have taped the diaper to a snug fit it will be just as good as before.

Cheers

I have total bladder loss so face this daily. I usually un-tape just one side and pull the nappy down, then pull up and re tape, other times i sometimes manage to pull the entire nappy down like a pull up.

Back