How to tell my partner (please help!)

JasperOnt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but have been reading stories and interested in this area for a while. I was wondering how to go about telling my partner that I’m interested in diapers (we’ve been together for 6 years now). Last time I brought up an interest he kinda shot it down. I want to be able to be more open in our relationship.

- Jasper

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
We have been dating for over 2 yrs . The time I felt like it was right time for me to tell her about my situation . I was so scared and one nerves wreck that she would think I was a weird or damage ! Turn out that she was very understanding and caring & very loving about my situation !
She did say that it would been much nicer if I told her much sooner .
I been very wonderful and a blessing ever since !!!

• Love
Reactions: Neroforte and JasperOnt

JasperOnt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Rita said:
We have been dating for over 2 yrs . The time I felt like it was right time for me to tell her about my situation . I was so scared and one nerves wreck that she would think I was a weird or damage ! Turn out that she was very understanding and caring & very loving about my situation !
She did say that it would been much nicer if I told her much sooner .
I been very wonderful and a blessing ever since !!!
Thank you Rita! I’m glad that you were able to tell her!

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
JasperOnt said:
Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but have been reading stories and interested in this area for a while. I was wondering how to go about telling my partner that I’m interested in diapers (we’ve been together for 6 years now). Last time I brought up an interest he kinda shot it down. I want to be able to be more open in our relationship.

- Jasper
I told my wife about my love for wearing nappies about 6ish months ago, we have been together for about 33 years, married for 28 years. I sort of stopped wearing when we first met, apart from maybe 5/6 times a year, anyway about 7 months ago I just had this massive urge to get back into wearing again, one Saturday night, after a couple of red wines, I just came out and told her, she was completely shocked. I thought I’d fu€#€d 30 odd years of our relationship. It took her about a week to absorb what I had told her, but she said I wasn’t doing any harm, not hurting anyone, and is completely fine with it, although she wants nothing to do with it, she will take my nappies in when they are delivered and put them in our wardrobe, I love her so much. I think you have to be honest and not try to push your kink onto your partner, if they’re not interested, but talk about how you feel, and how it makes you feel.

Reactions: Cottontail, Wondercrinkee, JasperOnt and 2 others

Wondercrinkee

"Paranormal Investigations in ABDL detection" lol
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Great advice up there. It's all up to the dynamics of the relationship.

Reactions: warmfeeling and JasperOnt

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I told my wife and she was very accepting. You never know how people are going to react but you have a lot of clues. My wife was a wild one when she was young as was I so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Reactions: JasperOnt and warmfeeling

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hello and welcome aboard, fellow Ontarian! Eastern Ontario here 👋 I told my wife after 6 years of marriage and it went much better than I could ever imagine! It's not her thing, but she accepts me anyway :)

• Love
Reactions: Tenakev, warmfeeling and JasperOnt

surprise35

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I would be as open and honest as you can be about why it is hard to share about this, what you like about it, and maybe if it gets there some of things you would like to be able to do (solo or together). It will probably be helpful to explain that for many of us it is extremely hard to share this with others for a variety of reasons, that many of us barely tell anyone in our lives.
I find being willing to answer and any all questions helps, while there might be the understanding you want right away, it will create a better conversation pattern around this.
My partner is not ABDL in any way, not into any other kinks/fetishes (which I think helps some couples), but is still 100% supportive of my wearing whenever I want/need (longer story) and of being in the community (going to events).
I wish you the best and am happy to answer more specific questions if you have them.

Reactions: Lumos, warmfeeling and JasperOnt