How to tell my partner (please help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasperOnt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but have been reading stories and interested in this area for a while. I was wondering how to go about telling my partner that I’m interested in diapers (we’ve been together for 6 years now). Last time I brought up an interest he kinda shot it down. I want to be able to be more open in our relationship.

- Jasper

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte
We have been dating for over 2 yrs . The time I felt like it was right time for me to tell her about my situation . I was so scared and one nerves wreck that she would think I was a weird or damage ! Turn out that she was very understanding and caring & very loving about my situation !
She did say that it would been much nicer if I told her much sooner .
I been very wonderful and a blessing ever since !!!

• Love
Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, Neroforte and JasperOnt
Rita said:
We have been dating for over 2 yrs . The time I felt like it was right time for me to tell her about my situation . I was so scared and one nerves wreck that she would think I was a weird or damage ! Turn out that she was very understanding and caring & very loving about my situation !
She did say that it would been much nicer if I told her much sooner .
I been very wonderful and a blessing ever since !!!
Thank you Rita! I’m glad that you were able to tell her!

JasperOnt said:
Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but have been reading stories and interested in this area for a while. I was wondering how to go about telling my partner that I’m interested in diapers (we’ve been together for 6 years now). Last time I brought up an interest he kinda shot it down. I want to be able to be more open in our relationship.

- Jasper
I told my wife about my love for wearing nappies about 6ish months ago, we have been together for about 33 years, married for 28 years. I sort of stopped wearing when we first met, apart from maybe 5/6 times a year, anyway about 7 months ago I just had this massive urge to get back into wearing again, one Saturday night, after a couple of red wines, I just came out and told her, she was completely shocked. I thought I’d fu€#€d 30 odd years of our relationship. It took her about a week to absorb what I had told her, but she said I wasn’t doing any harm, not hurting anyone, and is completely fine with it, although she wants nothing to do with it, she will take my nappies in when they are delivered and put them in our wardrobe, I love her so much. I think you have to be honest and not try to push your kink onto your partner, if they’re not interested, but talk about how you feel, and how it makes you feel.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, Cottontail, Woncrinklz and 3 others
Great advice up there. It's all up to the dynamics of the relationship.

Reactions: warmfeeling and JasperOnt
I told my wife and she was very accepting. You never know how people are going to react but you have a lot of clues. My wife was a wild one when she was young as was I so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, JasperOnt and warmfeeling
Hello and welcome aboard, fellow Ontarian! Eastern Ontario here 👋 I told my wife after 6 years of marriage and it went much better than I could ever imagine! It's not her thing, but she accepts me anyway :)

• Love
Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, Tenakev, warmfeeling and 1 other person
I would be as open and honest as you can be about why it is hard to share about this, what you like about it, and maybe if it gets there some of things you would like to be able to do (solo or together). It will probably be helpful to explain that for many of us it is extremely hard to share this with others for a variety of reasons, that many of us barely tell anyone in our lives.
I find being willing to answer and any all questions helps, while there might be the understanding you want right away, it will create a better conversation pattern around this.
My partner is not ABDL in any way, not into any other kinks/fetishes (which I think helps some couples), but is still 100% supportive of my wearing whenever I want/need (longer story) and of being in the community (going to events).
I wish you the best and am happy to answer more specific questions if you have them.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, Lumos, warmfeeling and 1 other person
I told my wife of 15 years a few months ago and it's been going incredibly well for me/us.

I think the main points to focus on initially are why it is so special to you and what you get out of it. Obviously everyone is different but I would stick to the feelings of comfort, safety, stress relief that you get when you wear.

Also being with someone for an extended period of time there's always a worry they might think that you have been hiding something from them. I guess how someone reacts is based on the strength and trust of each individual relationship. Luckily my relationship has always been really strong in relation to this, so that helped for sure.

If you've sustained from indulging all this time, that'll make it easier as you haven't been going behind his back. Also, another really important thing to focus on before telling him is ensuring you tell him in a positive manner. Do not come across embarrassed or ashamed.

You can tell him one of the main reasons you haven't told him until now is because you were learning self acceptance and always felt embarrassed about it,. Perhaps you've never told anyone else ever, so that makes it even harder to come out. Perhaps you thought you could forget or ignore this part of you but now you realise you can't/don't want to anymore. Maybe this really hurts you deep down inside and covering it up makes you sad.

I know a lot of us have carried this with us since our earliest memories so that's another good point to make I think. It came way before anything ever became sexualised about our kink.

If you still need to learn self acceptance have a look at the "Dream a little podcast" and also a book called "You are not broken - By Dr Rohda Lipscomb". This really is an important step before coming out to your partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyric, DPLuvAB and Lumos
I have been with my partner since 1994 and living together since 96. I was always interested/fascinated by nappies from my early years and never told anyone about it. Had a couple of failed experiments in that time. A few months ago I decided to try wearing after the usual internet search and was surprised how much information there was out there. It was my private thing and once the first pack ran out, ordered some new ones. Then had a little break once they were finished and ordered more. After a while I realised that I really liked wearing and using and could not keep it to myself. I was terrified of coming out to my partner ,for fear of rejection, disgust, disbelief etc but it had to be done somehow. I told her in bed one evening that I liked nappies and had been interested since a young age and had experimented both when young and later in life. In order not to bottle out I wore a nappy that night in bed sure that she would notice.
So glad it is out in the open and that she has accepted it. Honesty is the best policy. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Lyric, Lumos and ItsTimmyTime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back