• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

How to reduce smell of messy diaper?

Babyboyzen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Nullo tablets in your diet help a lot with dirty diapers that are less stinky

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Put earplugs in your nostrils.

As mentioned, there are pills, but if you're getting messy on a regular basis you might not want to pop pills all the time. Nothing is without its unwanted side-effects.

I don't mess often, but when I do, I clean up promptly and dispose of my diaper in the outside trash bin. (Needless to say, the bin in the kitchen is off limits!)

Last edited:

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Given the very nature of it, it's always going to smell and there's no natural way around it; people mention the pills, but I've always found that somewhat strange, it feels like going to an unusual length to make messing less like messing. Plus, I've read that chlorophyll pills can turn your poop green, which is a 1000% dealbreaker for me; I may be desensitized to most areas of messing, but weird colors would ick me out.

If you're really bothered by the smell, I would suggest tailoring your diet. Failing that, you can always just simulate messing with food; I don't get it, but there's a lot of people who love putting stuff like oatmeal in their diapers.

LainIsLain

DL SuperNoob
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
LOL
I may be desensitized to most areas of messing, but weird colors would ick me out.
It's like eating rainbow french fries right? You just don't know what your getting into!! LOL

rainbow french fries hot chips 1.jpg

BlizzardKid

Viper Loader= Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think changing your diet is the way to go. If I have ate any proccessed foods beforhand I won't mess.

100% whole grains, fruits and veggies, and a low sodium diet makes for a better experience.

+It's healthy!

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
LOL

It's like eating rainbow french fries right? You just don't know what your getting into!! LOL
That stuff is fine; I remember when I was a kid I thought stuff like green and purple ketchup was cool, but I draw a line at stuff that comes out of me. I'm not too grossed out by my own poop, but I'm genuinely unnerved when it's weird colors. For most of my life, I've deliberately avoided certain foods and food dyes which do that. Just a weird quirk of mine.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
Make sure you take them out to the trash after messing. 😝 Curbs the smell greatly.

But on that note, I want to share a bit of a twist on your topic. It is summer here, and temperatures have been close to 100 F. (37 C to all of our friends from every other part of the planet). While I don't mess all that often, sometimes I do (no, I am not incontinent, but just because), and for whatever reason, this past week I have had three messy diapers that I put into the trash. Well, the garbage collector comes once a week, and I didn't think too much of it, as I put them in trash bags, and often even a second trash bag, wrapped up and doubled wrapped so as to be discreet.

But the 100 F temperature has a way of even making that effort of being not so discreet. I had a family member that took the garbage cans out to the road for garbage day, and they said that they have never smelled such a terrible can before. I suggested it was some meat that had gotten old and had to be thrown out, but even when I went past the cans myself to pick up the postal mail at the mailbox before the nearby cans were emptied, I noticed it too. Pee eww... ...Perhaps they would have been better off in my Diaper Genie diaper pail in the thicker mil plastic in cooler temperatures and then disposed of more closely to garbage day.

Well, sorry if my post offends anyone. I didn't mean to be quite so gross, but just a different twist on how to keep messy diapers from smelling. Heat and diapers don't mix. Wet or messy, the component of heat isn't a good combination.

As to answering the OP's real question, plastic pants help. The additional layers help contain odors in addition to leakage. I would also recommend changing right away. But yeah, the best way to keep others from smelling a messy diaper is simply not to mess while being around others. I personally don't think it is polite or right for others to have to smell one's diaper who doesn't have this happen for medical purposes.

Just as farting around others is not polite unless you simply can't hold it, certainly neither is messing in your diaper. I don't like it when I come into a room and smell someone's flatulence, and as such, I suggest the "Golden Rule" of treating others as you would like to be treated yourself is appropriate here.

And this is coming from a real life cowboy who is very much used to not so pleasant smells...

🧸🤠

GermanDL

Poopypants Pirate
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Ok that's maybe a bit strange, but if you try to wipe the "substance"
in the toilet with some paper (or some other thing) it won't smell
that much.

Well, i don't know how the "material" is distributed inside your diaper,
in my case its mostly concentrated at one point, because i usually
change quickly after a mess.

also put the Diaper in a plastic bag quick, and maybe use another one ,
will also help.

hope this helps you a bit.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Given the very nature of it, it's always going to smell and there's no natural way around it; people mention the pills, but I've always found that somewhat strange, it feels like going to an unusual length to make messing less like messing. Plus, I've read that chlorophyll pills can turn your poop green, which is a 1000% dealbreaker for me; I may be desensitized to most areas of messing, but weird colors would ick me out.

If you're really bothered by the smell, I would suggest tailoring your diet. Failing that, you can always just simulate messing with food; I don't get it, but there's a lot of people who love putting stuff like oatmeal in their diapers.
If weird colors would ick you out don’t eat beets! You take a look in your diaper after eating them and you may think that you’re going to bleed to death. I’ve been taking probiotics for the past 2 years and it seems to have reduced the odor somewhat but it’s definitely still identifiable without visual confirmation. Stay padded, although it sounds like an unusual place to put your breakfast!

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
If weird colors would ick you out don’t eat beets! You take a look in your diaper after eating them and you may think that you’re going to bleed to death.
I've heard those kind of stories about beets, which is why I'll most likely avoid them. For me, the main things I avoid are blue and purple foods and drinks. Blue dye is always guaranteed to tint your poop green and I just personally find that far grosser than regular poop for some reason.

I once took a medical test where I swallowed a solution and they x-rayed my stomach several times over a couple hours to track its progress through my digestion (I don't have any condition, I just took a lot of "just in case" tests before I went off my parents' insurance). The next day my poop was literally white. Totally normal in consistency, but white, not a trace of brown. I think I literally gagged, it was the grossest bathroom experience I've ever had in my life. Thank God it was in a toilet, because if I saw that in my diaper, I'd probably scream. :p