How to quit DLism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, I quit cold turkey for almost a year before, but then, for my birthday, I got a HUGE amount of money and that made me remember and I couldn't resist going down to the store and buying all the diapers I could a fford [$with 200]

Honestly, I definitely don't want to quit, but this is becoming a problem. Every time I have money, its down to Stop & Shop for me. I never have a chance to use my money on anything else unless for some reason I CAN'T go down to stop and shop. You have no idea how much money I would have right now if I didn't spend it all on diapers. It's really a pain in the a$$ when I think about it, and, as reluctant as I am, I think I need to quit.

So, How would you go upon quitting?
Has anyone successfully quit?
And don't worry, if I quit, I'll still come on here all the time. And I wouldn't quit forever, probably just till I get a job. I'd never forget about you guys. :D

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Quitting like that is what's killing you. If you keep trying to quit, you'll get overwhelmed later and do stuff like that.

Rather than quitting, try to control yourself and find a balance for this extreme binge-purge cycle you seem to have developed.

If you don't know what that is, this'll help. --> Binge/purge cycle

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Quitting like that is what's killing you. If you keep trying to quit, you'll get overwhelmed later and do stuff like that.

Rather than quitting, try to control yourself and find a balance for this extreme binge-purge cycle you seem to have developed.

If you don't know what that is, this'll help. --> Binge/purge cycle

Oh, yeah I know what that is already. But you're missing my point. I never want to quit. I quit once, I have control. I'm not on a binge purge cycle. My problem is I use any money I come across toward diapers if I can.

I can't help myself.

A

Asher

Why don't you make some goals for yourself? Like if I can make it without buying diapers whenever I make money, go to a movie with some friends, or something like that. Whatever it is, it should be based on the something of the sort.

Controlling money is a big part of life. I've seen it grow to uncontrollable heights and seen it fall to the lowest possible levels (I live in Vegas; I see it on a daily basis). I think the one thing is that you should be responsible about the money; don't go all out spending it on diapers all the time. It doesn't require you to quit; just to be more careful and more responsible.

Anyways, good luck, I hope this has helped; let me know : )

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Make a little chart with colourful stickers, that limits the amount of diapers you're allowed to wear!
Having it structured and planned will help you reduce it down and budget better, and let's face it: A chart with stickers is fun! :D And may fill a little infantile gap left by the diapers.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Oh, yeah I know what that is already. But you're missing my point. I never want to quit. I quit once, I have control. I'm not on a binge purge cycle. My problem is I use any money I come across toward diapers if I can.

I can't help myself.
This is what I was referencing.

Well, I quit cold turkey for almost a year before, but then, for my birthday, I got a HUGE amount of money and that made me remember and I couldn't resist going down to the store and buying all the diapers I could a fford [$with 200]
You say you quit for a year, and then as soon as you had the money, you went out and bought a massive amount of diapers.

You just happened to tell us the story starting with purge, and then you binge.

Now you want to purge again, it seems like you are saying.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Make a little chart with colourful stickers, that limits the amount of diapers you're allowed to wear!
Having it structured and planned will help you reduce it down and budget better, and let's face it: A chart with stickers is fun! :D And may fill a little infantile gap left by the diapers.
Potty training when your already potty trained? :laugh:

Anyways if someone really did want to quit they would have to give everything up that relates to being a DL/*B. That means this site and maybe even the people here.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
That's how my parents managed to get me out of the habit of wearing diapers at night around the age of 4. Damn simple psychology and its effects on little kids! :(

Peachy

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you quit you will stay off it for a few weeks, and then it will come hit you as a massive urge and need to have them, most definiately worse than before. Dlism is a lifestyle, not a hobby, therefore cannot just simply be dropped.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
That's how my parents managed to get me out of the habit of wearing diapers at night around the age of 4. Damn simple psychology and its effects on little kids! :(

Peachy
Despite the immediate results, I'd say we have the living proof that it's not a very effective method on the long run... :D

As for the OP, I'd stick with the suggestion of keeping things under control, but without stopping all at once, because - after some time - sudden abstinence will only make you eager to spend even more money on diapers.

Anyway, if you've lasted one full year, your willpower is stronger than mine: the longest I've succeeded to quit was 3 or 4 months when I was 17 and, as everytime I stay diaperless for a certain period, the only result was making massive quantities of diaper dreams at night, just for waking up and realizing it was just a dream. Basically, I got tired with it and decided that I prefer reality to dreams.

Last edited:

Left

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur

im with him
Go stickers

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
for my birthday, I got a HUGE amount of money and that made me remember and I couldn't resist going down to the store and buying all the diapers I could a fford [$with 200]
Stop there. I think it's not a problem with your being a DL, you have a problem with overspending. Learn to save your money and it won't be a problem.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
My question is, how often and how many diapers are you buying that it has become such a problem? Are you really going through your supply that fast? If this is the case...just cut back your diaper activities to a reasonable amount.

-Gus

F

FullMetal

I have a friend with the exact same problem...but that's with cigarettes. The thing I don't understand is, how do you get your parents not to ask where all of your money is going. If I got 200 bucks and just spent it on diapers (that's a lot of diapers) my parents would be wondering where all of it went.

If you really want the problem to go away, you have to do it gradually. Instead of wearing a diaper ever day, you wear one every two days. Then after like a few weeks, pick three days of the week when you really want to wear diapers and only wear them on those days.

Then after like a month, pick only two days.

It will take a while but I have faith in you! :D

FullMetal

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You just happened to tell us the story starting with purge, and then you binge.

Now you want to purge again, it seems like you are saying.

Again, missing my point. I don't want to stop, but I want to stop putting all my money into it is what I'm saying.

The thing I don't understand is, how do you get your parents not to ask where all of your money is going.
FullMetal
My parents don't care about what I do with my money. They don't ask. It's quite convenient. Well, I only live with my mom. But she doesn't care.

Ahh, Charlie and his crazy colors:worshippy: :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If it's taking that much control from your life, then I'm with FullMetal. I would limit myself just to the weekends, which is what I often do anyway. That way you go through the week and have something to look forward. It's almost like a reward for doing what ever you need to be be doing throughout the week. For me, it's working two jobs. Come Friday my wife and I go out to dinner. Friday night....happy Dogboy!

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Again, missing my point. I don't want to stop, but I want to stop putting all my money into it is what I'm saying.
Okay, now I understand what you mean.

I still stand by what I said though. That is what it seemed you were saying, whether it's what you meant or not.

You could actually have your parents keep restraints on your money..

My mom does this (against my will). She has control over the account that my work sends my paycheck to, and she'll transfer the money into another account which I'm allowed to use freely with a charge card.

I have to write down all of my transactions and such in the check book, so I know how much money I have.

I hate it, but I will admit that I don't spend nearly as much money as I used to.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
Save up to renew your XBL subscription, :p

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Yeah, find other stuff to spend it on and spend it on that first. Or.... open a bank account! You're only 14, so you wouldn't be able to access it yourself. And then you won't spend every bit on diapers.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
It's great that you recognize this as a problem and want to do something about it. Honestly, I think this can be as simple as having a bit of discipline- have a set amount that you want to spend on diapers each month, and don't exceed your limit. Then save the rest of your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.