Feedback Requested how to post profile pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
Hello it's, KittyninjaW, anyway I really want to post pictures for my profile picture, but it won't seem to let me so how do I do it.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Hello it's, KittyninjaW, anyway I really want to post pictures for my profile picture, but it won't seem to let me so how do I do it.

What is not working? Like.. does it say your image is too big? You should make sure it's 150x150 at the max in pixel height and weight and 39KB at the most in actual file size for avatars, or 200 by 200 pixels and 78KB for profile pictures.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
What is not working? Like.. does it say your image is too big? You should make sure it's 150x150 at the max in pixel height and weight and 39KB at the most in actual file size for avatars, or 200 by 200 pixels and 78KB for profile pictures.

No, I checked that, when I try to upload from my phone, it says upload of file failed, or can only upload local content, and I have things that are perfect.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
No, I checked that, when I try to upload from my phone, it says upload of file failed, or can only upload local content, and I have things that are perfect.

It has nothing to do with .png files of the sort does it?

If you have no idea what I am talking about: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/89859-Incorrect-file-extensions

While me and HogansHeroes tried to come up with something, Moo gave us a solution to this if it has anything to do with file extensions.

Now if it's another issue, it could probably be a size issue, maybe picture sizes are too big in usage. Average file size of a photo is 1.7mb, sometimes it can go up to 2.3MB.

if it's a size range issue, you could always crop your photo and upload it through your phone or a laptop/desktop nearby and see if that solution resolves itself.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy

Can you tell us:
  • The size of the image in kb or Mb
  • The dimensions of the image -- width and height in pixels
  • The kind of image -- jpg, gif, png, etc.

Lots of good suggestions in the thread so far, but we're shooting in the dark.

If you can do so while abiding by ADISC's constraints on avatars a profile pictures, I would recommend the png format. It's a lossless compression format, so you won't get nasty blocky stuff and fringe in your images like you will with jpg, nor will you end up with grain or patterns in colorful images like you will with gif. (If you have an image editor like Photoshop that lets you fine-tune your images, jpg and gif can look good.)

But if your image exceeds the size limits, ADISC will auto-convert your image, regardless of kind, to jpg using some awful default quality setting and it'll look like total crap. So be careful! There are quite a few ugly avatars on ADISC that could have been a lot prettier with a bit of pre-upload effort.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
Can you tell us:
  • The size of the image in kb or Mb
  • The dimensions of the image -- width and height in pixels
  • The kind of image -- jpg, gif, png, etc.

Lots of good suggestions in the thread so far, but we're shooting in the dark.

If you can do so while abiding by ADISC's constraints on avatars a profile pictures, I would recommend the png format. It's a lossless compression format, so you won't get nasty blocky stuff and fringe in your images like you will with jpg, nor will you end up with grain or patterns in colorful images like you will with gif. (If you have an image editor like Photoshop that lets you fine-tune your images, jpg and gif can look good.)

But if your image exceeds the size limits, ADISC will auto-convert your image, regardless of kind, to jpg using some awful default quality setting and it'll look like total crap. So be careful! There are quite a few ugly avatars on ADISC that could have been a lot prettier with a bit of pre-upload effort.

Thanks your advise helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.