How to make more sales for a TCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I dabble in DragonBall Super TCG cards from time to time, primarily buying and selling; but occasionally trading

So occasionally I run into the problem of having cards that are worth selling, but nobody to actually buy them off of me, and I'm really at a loss as to what to do.

I dont wanna sell for half off to move the cards easily, I dont like risking eBay combined with the extra 13.5% of fees (3.5% PayPal, 10% eBay).

There is also a website i have tried selling on, but the problem there is they expect you to be okay losing money on sales until you reach a certain level as a seller, then you can set your own prices and wont have to lose money.

Lastly there is a FaceBook group, but there is competition from other sellers and I find it hard making sales big enough to actually make it worth my while (I try to get people to buy $20 of cards, but a lot of people only want like $5 or $10 of cards at a time, and I just cant make those low value sales, it isnt worth it)

Well,
I have the opposite problem as you. Recently, my friend and I bought an old storage locker and it happened to have binders full of magic the gathering cards. Some of the cards were extremely valuable. There was an alpha Underground Sea, and it was mint. We are talking about a 9000 dollar card. There were a lot of other rare cards among it. Now, I am a major player of MTG in my area, and now people are harassing me with offers for the card. It's difficult when your voicemail is full of offers for the card and you DON'T want to sell.

As for your problem, try finding card or comic book shops in your area. I'm sure some shop would love to take those cards off your hands.

Fireband said:
Well,
I have the opposite problem as you. Recently, my friend and I bought an old storage locker and it happened to have binders full of magic the gathering cards. Some of the cards were extremely valuable. There was an alpha Underground Sea, and it was mint. We are talking about a 9000 dollar card. There were a lot of other rare cards among it. Now, I am a major player of MTG in my area, and now people are harassing me with offers for the card. It's difficult when your voicemail is full of offers for the card and you DON'T want to sell.

As for your problem, try finding card or comic book shops in your area. I'm sure some shop would love to take those cards off your hands.

Yeah I suppose that is my best bet as I already have them set at 25% off (thats almost double the typical discount rate on the FaceBook group) on a FaceBook group for the cards, and the only offer so far is someone that wants to give me 50% rates for the whole lot.

I guess if I did that i may as well make a trek out to The City at some point (probably take 1.5-2 hours or so round trip) and see if I can trade my unwanted cards for new cards, since I should have a better chance selling cards from the newest set

That is if there is anyone waiting until the official release on the 15th to buy the cards they want/need (the cards were released in pre-release events on the 8th).

I also have some valuable DBS cards I'm currently hoarding (high rarity Voice Actor Signature Cards) while I wait on prices to go higher, but I'm not advertising that I have them nor is the supply so limited someone would hound me to sell them any of these cards; but that may change a year or two down the line.

I've noticed that all these tradeables are never worth anything more than what someone is willing to pay. I have five dinner knives off the Hindenburg after it crashed and burned. I've seen knives and forks in the Smithsonian Air Museum and they were in terrible condition, bent and mangled from the hydrogen fire. Mine are almost in mint condition, just a little dark from the fire. I've never found a value for them having gone on the internet many times. Again, it comes down to what someone would pay and how badly they would want the item.

dogboy said:
I've noticed that all these tradeables are never worth anything more than what someone is willing to pay. I have five dinner knives off the Hindenburg after it crashed and burned. I've seen knives and forks in the Smithsonian Air Museum and they were in terrible condition, bent and mangled from the hydrogen fire. Mine are almost in mint condition, just a little dark from the fire. I've never found a value for them having gone on the internet many times. Again, it comes down to what someone would pay and how badly they would want the item.

Yeah but I don't think there is a database for Hindenburg Dinnerware Pricing.

There is a database for a lot of TCG Cards called TcgPlayer and on the FaceBook group standard is to sell at 15% off, I'm already at 25% off (I could sell immediately to a dealer if I wanted to sell at 50% off)

If people arent buying by next week I may as well see if a shop would give me 50% credit and if so apply it to as much new card products as I can (booster boxes, special pack sets, etc) , I'm more likely to sell stuff from the new set while events focused on playing new cards are going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back