How to hide diapers in public

I would occasionally wear to work sometimes and in Winter month was fairly easy . I was always layered and had long shirts on. IN the summer months though I wouldnt really do it. I looked in the mirror once wearing the diaper underneath and it made my pants and shorts look very bulky and bulgy around the front crotch area. Probably many wouldnt notice but it bothered me knowing about such a bulge there. So I stayed away from wearing in the summer.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Lunisian said:
Anyone got tips for wearing diapers in public? Only thing I can think of is getting some onesies that snap at the crotch so it looks like my pants are tucked in, but does anyone have any other recommendations?
I would wear thinner diapers like pullups/goodnites or thinner medical diapers in public. And just wear some boxers or if you have none some tighter shorts and baggyish jeans.

I gave up worrying about being spotted years ago. I prefer my home made terry and brushed cotton lined nappies that fit me perfectly. A good pair of plastic pants over the nappy and I can go for as long as I would in a pull-up, but I am more comfortable and confident, and I know I have saved a lot of money whilst helping our poor old planet! I wear shorts most of the time but in temperatures of 10 degrees celsius or less I am in dungarees, which appeal to my more childish side, and as I am in my early 70s I probably just look a bit weird, but I have never been stared at or pointed at, people just take it for granted. I would look perfectly sensible in the USA as lots of ‘old blokes’ wear dungarees. But at my woodwork shop they are the most practical garment to wear nappied or not. A few friends know I am in nappies as they know I have had a prostatectomy which makes one incontinent (for a while anyway) but as I have had little control for many years I do not expect to be continent any time soon. So stop worrying and enjoy standing on the street corner talking with your friends and wetting your nappy!!!!!

I've worn diapers off and on for years in public under clothes, especially at work. I almost wear consistently to work. I have several sizes larger than my normal jeans, a PUL pant, then a tank top onesie. I recommend PUL pants over plastic pants for breath ability especially in the summer in the South. Seems to work very well. I really like the KayCey onesies off of Amazon, they have more snaps and seem to wrap around the legs more, I have less issues with them rubbing a hole in the bottom of the pants and less irritation if the diaper is worn longer since it helps with keeping rubbing with the diaper and thighs as much. They just take a bit longer to remove since its like 5 snaps. Preventawear or some of the other brands are okay as well, but I find just the two snap ones are less comfortable for long periods and sometimes cause holes to develop in the jeans if worn frequently due to the buttons. Stick to less overly thick ones, I find Bettery Drys or Northshore Supremes to be the best overall diaper for me. Megamaxes just get too thick or some of the ABDLs.

Reactions: WillFord384
SofiaInPampers said:
Being a girl, I wear skirts and pantyhose to conceal my diapers. I find they flatten the outline of my diaper.

I've always been a little jealous of that - skirts offer a great deal of "diaper freedom"

Reactions: AAO and SofiaInPampers
bambinod said:
I've always been a little jealous of that - skirts offer a great deal of "diaper freedom"
Just wear a kilt, noone would ask and if they do just say your scottish

• Haha
Reactions: espectro, Seasonedcitizen, 2012Stroke and 3 others
bambinod said:
They do indeed

Reactions: Lyokodl
I'm 24/7 so I wear a plain blue or white onsie and plastic pants under my shorts or jeans while we're out in public.

When I was younger and still working I wore suits and ties, since that was the prescribed wardrobe in my profession at the time. While I didn't wear diapers every day, when I did, no one ever noticed and I always felt so naughty secretly wearing diapers and wetting them.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Lyokodl
Diaperboyabdl said:
Just wear a kilt, no one would ask and if they do just say your scottish

As long as it's a tactical cargo kilt, because I need pockets. With the over-sized pockets and camo pattern to obscure the shape, you could hide anything under there.

_Kilt-Multicam-169-2kx2k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Diaperboyabdl
I think maybe we are being a little too careful here...

WillFord384 said:
As long as it's a tactical cargo kilt, because I need pockets. With the over-sized pockets and camo pattern to obscure the shape, you could hide anything under there.

_Kilt-Multicam-169-2kx2k.jpg
I didnt think that would actually exist

I rock skinny Jean's (with thin diapers deffintaly not my night time diapers ) and longer shirts and underwear that's high waisted. Good luck ever noticing unless I stayed in it to long then maybe lol but I dont let that happen

May have already been said, but even in summer, I (in the Before Times) went to eateries where it was chilly inside (or movie theaters, which are very cold to me). I'd always have a light flannel shirt tied around my waist for such situations. But, I live in Oregon, where when the sun goes down, it can get a bit cool in the Summer, so it works on my end.

I wear women's jeans because they're bigger in the seat than men's. A big puffy diaper fits nicely and is not easily detected. I live in the relatively cool climate of Oregon, and loose clothing along with untucked shirts are commonplace.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Lyric
I'm completely IC and have been diaper dependent 24/7 since the beginning. When I was very young I wasn't good at hiding my diapers. But over the years (mostly high school and up) I became much better. Obviously, dark color pants really help. I usually wear a quality disposable (Confidry 24/7 or Abena L4) which can be a little thicker. Even if I'm using a good booster and plastic pants. So, I use fixation pants daily. They don't feel too tight and let my diaper breath. If I'm working out, playing tennis or cycling I use compression pants. All with pretty baggy shorts and loose shirts. For work I wear mostly black or dark blue khaki dockers and a larger shirt without tucking them in. When I'm working around my house I love to wear overalls. If it's warmer, I'll wear baggy cargo shorts over my fixation shorts. It can be a little tricky if I'm going to the symphony or going to a nice place to eat. Just baggy black dockers, tuck in a black shirt and a good sport jacket. All under fixation or compression pants. By the way, enjoy your life. It can be done.

Reactions: WillFord384
The diapers I wear to work are: NS Lite or even NS Supreme, Better Dry Day with a booster, Tena Active Slip Ultra, Total Dry X-Plus, Bare Bum, Aww So Cute. and Abena M4. These are all plastic back diapers which I prefer over cloth back diapers. I work in a professional setting with business to business casual dress and I opt for business casual which involves pants similar to Dockers, shirt, and sport coat, no tie. My shirt is either tucked in or untucked. I wet throughout the day so my diaper swells, however, I have never been "outed" or if people know or suspect that I have on a diaper no one has ever said anything to me and no one has treated me differently. If people know quite frankly I wouldn't care.

Reactions: WillFord384 and Angelapinks
Back